• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

Anyone watch any of this Neil Blomkamp sci-fi series on Netflix? Going to check it out ASAP must having just discovered it late.

Yeah, I stumbled on them awhile back. Don't remember all of them, but I did really like the one with Sigourney Weaver. Another good Sci-Fi series of shorts is Love, Death and Robots. Very adult in nature at times, but a series of different animation styles and stories.

Yeah, I stumbled on them awhile back. Don't remember all of them, but I did really like the one with Sigourney Weaver. Another good Sci-Fi series of shorts is Love, Death and Robots. Very adult in nature at times, but a series of different animation styles and stories.
Thanks will check it out. Huge fan of Love, Death and Robots some episodes more then others but the short format and what some of these directors manage to cram in there is amazing.

Caught the first episode of Andor last night, and holy shit, Disney grew up. Lots of English accents, as well as one Scottish, which I'm not hating. Of course their were a couple of woke messages in the show, but I've seen worse lately.

Thanks will check it out. Huge fan of Love, Death and Robots some episodes more then others but the short format and what some of these directors manage to cram in there is amazing.
never finished love death robots, but loved the few episodes of oats studio. some leave you wanting more.

Caught the first episode of Andor last night, and holy shit, Disney grew up. Lots of English accents, as well as one Scottish, which I'm not hating. Of course their were a couple of woke messages in the show, but I've seen worse lately.
Woke messages? Really?? Lolol

ALIENS must have driven you nuts when it came out.

Can we just watch a movie or a show anymore without adding fricking politics to it?

Woke messages? Really?? Lolol

ALIENS must have driven you nuts when it came out.

Can we just watch a movie or a show anymore without adding fricking politics to it?
I'm not gonna go into any farther except to say there is a reason Disney stock is down so much.

This may only be of interest to @Wardsweb , but it was a stunner to me. This guy built a beautiful walnut-slab desk (base was, pine? ash? other?) but at the 11:00 mark, he turned four round legs using a table saw and a cordless drill!! I've never seen this technique before, and I can see not crying about my lack of space for a lathe, again. Amazing craftsmanship.

Saw an ad for a show on Hulu called Reboot, and decided to check it out. The show has quite the cast, including Paul Reiser who is great in it, as well as that guy Key from Key and Peele, Judy Greer, Johnny Knoxville and the lady from Reno 911 who played officer Trudy, who somehow pretty much plays the same character in everything, only different. I'm a couple of episodes in and finding it pretty funny.

Huge fan of this movie (the Swedish language original), the book it was based on and even the US remake is not too terrible. The original is on my top ten all time list of horror genre films if not top five. Don't know how it will work as a series but I guess we will find out... pilot episode is streaming free on Amazon Prime but then the rest requires a Showtime subscription. Maybe they have a free trial or something I can sign up for then cancel. Interested enough after watching the trailer.

Last night Spaceballs came up on my EweTube feed, "with ads". I clicked on it, thinking I'd just watch that ridiculous long spaceship fly by, but ended up watching the whole thing. Without ads!
I had added a Safari extension called "Vinegar" (it's in the App Store) and it took out all ads on the short-form videos I usually watch, but didn't think it would work on long-form movies, but it does!

For those of you with an Apple TV, does it include some form of Safari on it? It would be cool to watch free movies w/o ads on my TV (although I'm still not a huge movie person). An upgraded Apple TV is supposed to be announced this month, and they usually go on sale for the Black Friday sales (I'm currently using a Roku).

Watched the free first episode last night and it's actually pretty good. Might have to pay for a month of Showtime or something. Not anything like the original movie there are a lot of liberties. Almost like they took the characters and context and slid it over into a Law & Order: Special Victims Unit gritty urban TV show format. And the child acting is abysmal compared to the real thing. But it still had enough to rope me in and some of the new spin/twists have me wanting to watch the rest of the series.

The wife has never seen any of the Godfather movies, and I just watched part 1 a month or so ago, so we decided to watch part 2 streaming on the Peacock channel. I never knew until yesterday, that the guy who played uncle June in the Sopranos, was also in Godfather part 2. He played Hyman Roths associate, and was killed with a coat hanger. Movie didn't look bad for the most part, I'd be curious how the 4k releases look compared to what you can stream.

Back