• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

cover.jpg

This is Snarky Puppy with orchestra, although not the same gig from the videos I posted earlier. Will post more when I can find my jaw.

EDIT: Found jaw, wiped off slobber, reinstalled in groove (there's a lot of 'em flying around right now).
OMG! This is an incredible music set! HUGE amount of musicians: orchestra, three keyboardists, 5 'bones, 3 trumpets, 5 french horns, 3 guitarists, electric bass and a tuba, 2 drummers, 2 percussionists, flautists, even a bass clarinet; only things missing were vocalists of any kind, and turntablists! (there's even a kalimba, an African thumb piano!)
The last ten years or so of my bar band career, I refused to play in any band that had two or more guitarists, I hate overplaying. This huge group are obviously well-trained, they know how to SHUT UP where required and let the Magic happen! And can KILL as a full group when required. I really, really love this!
Pauly, I think you'd like this. :handgestures-thumbup:
:bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

61cFrDoXafL._SY445_.jpg

One of Zing's choices this evening. Blu-Ray version. I searched for the Blu-Ray image, nothing.

Goggle can bite my sweet behind! :twocents-mytwocents:

Watched Part 1 of this last night, very moving...............

Jon was one of my favorite keyboard players. We covered a bunch of Deep Purple tunes back in the day.

71KGVKN3w%2BL._SL1000_.jpg

Ha! Well I'll grant you a modicum of good taste on that one. They probably are the best two songs in the show; overall I wasn't particularly thrilled with the Beacon performance, and I thought Rodgers was especially annoying.

PaulyT said:
51ueUTd2YaL.jpg

Coming back to this one (again), it's a true classic in my book. Damn, I can't believe Botti was 47 when this video was shot, he looks like he's about 30. And Billy Kilson (the drummer, who if I were a drummer is who I'd want to be, damn) is also about that age. This concert is amazing, and the list of stars he parades through the stage is endless... Sting, Yo-yo Ma, Catherine McPhee, Josh Groban, Steven Tyler, John Mayer... wow. Botti has a unique ability to adapt to and thrive with such a variety of musicians and styles, it's really rather impressive.

This concert has been around for a while, but if you haven't seen it, get it. Now. PQ and SQ are outstanding.

Watched this one last night.................thought is was good, yeah, maybe very good!

Botch said:
cover.jpg

This is Snarky Puppy with orchestra, although not the same gig from the videos I posted earlier. Will post more when I can find my jaw.

EDIT: Found jaw, wiped off slobber, reinstalled in groove (there's a lot of 'em flying around right now).
OMG! This is an incredible music set! HUGE amount of musicians: orchestra, three keyboardists, 5 'bones, 3 trumpets, 5 french horns, 3 guitarists, electric bass and a tuba, 2 drummers, 2 percussionists, flautists, even a bass clarinet; only things missing were vocalists of any kind, and turntablists! (there's even a kalimba, an African thumb piano!)
The last ten years or so of my bar band career, I refused to play in any band that had two or more guitarists, I hate overplaying. This huge group are obviously well-trained, they know how to SHUT UP where required and let the Magic happen! And can KILL as a full group when required. I really, really love this!
Pauly, I think you'd like this. :handgestures-thumbup:
:bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Thanks for posting this Botch...............

Last night I started to listen to the CD and got about half way through it.

I just got done watching the DVD and I thought it was Great! To bad not a BR with Surround! I really enjoyed it, very creative and dynamic's that I love.

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

^--- Yeah this group's music is just BEGGING for a great surround mix.

I am a huge Yes Fan. So when I saw this one I wanted to jump on it however had reservations. It is only in 2.0 Audio but the Video Quality is Great! The Audio is great also, but only 2 channel.

The band plays Close To The Edge and the Fragile album in their entirety.

To be disappointed in the missed notes and wimping playing by Geoff Downs................URGH!!!

Chris Squire died approx. 1 year after this show, he didn't look sick here. His playing was good, not great.

Alan White had a look on his face the whole concert, like, I hope we pull this off, and what the hell are we even doing this for?

Howe, had quite a few missed notes, however at 70, held his own.

Jon Davison's voice, well he is no Jon Anderson, however his vocal ability is not bad at all, but trying too hard on stage to be theatrical........puke!!

I am glad that I bought it, because it rounds out my collection.

81BkO8m4KnL._SX522_.jpg

ELO at Hyde Park, on Palladia.

I had a cut-out LP of an early ELO "greatest hits" called "Ole ELO" that I kinda liked (a tune called "Kuiana" that I really liked, haven't seen/heard it since).
Only caught the second half of this show. They still don't really do anything for me. Writing down what ELO/Lynne are good at, you'd think they'd be right up my alley, but their material just leaves me flat. Fortunately there's so many other bands that kill it for me. I dunno.
:shhh:

^ I caught snip it's here and there last night also..........I was never an ELO fan. I don't think I would ever buy it for my collection.

From what I saw, the Video was quite good....

heeman said:
Watched Part 1 of this last night, very moving...............

Jon was one of my favorite keyboard players. We covered a bunch of Deep Purple tunes back in the day.

71KGVKN3w%2BL._SL1000_.jpg

Watched Part 2 yesterday..........................

If anyone is familiar with the song BURN from Deep Purple, you will love this with the orchastra, Bruce and Glenn..

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1EiLP6dD7M[/youtube]

Check out Perfect Strangers with the Orchestra!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az-GhfMltJg[/youtube]

I like Sarah, her song writing and her effortless vocal style.

From 2008, this was good...........

She is due for a new one soon, I hope!

51un0xFb%2BwL.jpg

This one is Really, REALLY GOOD!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

58486_large.jpg

Watching Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce, and Eric Clapton
Cream at Royal Albert Hall, London May 2-3-5-6 2005

Brings back some high times from the late 60's early 70's...
Cream broke up my Senior year in High School, Nov 1968.

^ Barney, that one is GREAT ALSO! It has been awhile since I watched it. It is not flashy, however it is dead on with the great musicianship of those 3 guys...............RIP Jack Bruce!!!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

847_front.jpg

Haven't listened to the Three Fuzzy Galoots in awhile; fun! :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Back