• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

Cure_The_Trilogy_2003_Eagle_Vision.jpg

The Cure: Trilogy

The Cure

2003 Eagle Vision

^^^ Thanks Heeman. That has been in my Cart since it was announced, and I know there are a buttload of guests in that show....
....but it's still not Pink Floyd.

Next up (yes it's been a musical afternoon) :

out%20now%20MLG.jpg

Love this band. Probably my favorite of the prog rock genre.

^--- Proud parent moment: My older daughter came in during Peaceful Harbor from the above concert, saying "I love the harmonies on this one, it's such a good song." There's hope for her yet - at least it's not all Adele and Taylor Swift and the other top 40 stuff. (Granted, my kids are familiar with Flying Colors because I play it a lot, especially on car trips.)

PaulyT said:
There's hope for her yet - at least it's not all Adele and Taylor Swift
She could be doing a lot worse than those two.
This afternoon, I watched half a concert's worth of Slipknot. :eusa-whistle:

Ha! Yeah agreed, Taylor and Adele really aren't that bad, for pop music (Adele more than TS for me though). It's just that I watched part of a Taylor Swift video recently at my cousin's place and all it was was a big dance show where T.S. and a bunch of guys who had nothing to do with the music were dancing around the stage. That doesn't interest me.

Might not be catorigized as a concert, watching /listening to Alabama Shakes. ..Austin City Limits. Lead singer, Brittany Howard has unique style. Enjoy their music.

Anything on Austin City Limits is MUCH MORE of a concert than a stage full of guys dancing for Pauly. :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

:teasing-tease:

running-back-through-canada-dvd-import-zone-1.jpg

DVD, 5.1

This was a reunion concert in Winnipeg in 1983. I didn't realize Randy Bachman was in the Guess Who (he went on to Bachman-Turner Overdrive). I also didn't realize he was mormon.
This is an outdoor show, with the Mother of all Prairie Thunderstorms looming from the get-go (you can hear the thunder while they're playing, and eventually had to take a 1-hour break). Cummings sings his ass off, sounds great. Sound quality is pretty good, PQ is not: 4:3, with black horizontal lines intruding from black areas into light areas (I don't know what that's called). I always though Randy was just a competent rock guitarist, he does some nice jazzy things here (and I don't remember She's Come Undun being such a great jazz number).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_gxQt-bhik[/youtube]

Hmm. The above show seems from a different time, Burton's hairstyle is different. The DVD doesn't give the year, I got that from wiki; maybe I'm off.

Heh, Randy's singing BTO's Let it Ride; same key but his vocals are an entire octave lower, don't think I've seen that before! (at least they made it an acoustic number, woulda been too weird with a Strat).

EDIT: Burton Cummings overuses the keyboard glissando. Badly. :angry-cussingblack:

518g0lPe90L.jpg

Really enjoying this; thanks for the recommendation Mr. Mackwood! :text-thankyoublue: :text-bravo:

There was some noise at the beginning of the 2nd track, sounded like amplified vinyl noise, then it went away until the last chord of that track; recording's been clean from there (the joys of live recording), love it! :music-listening:

David Gilmour Live in Gdańsk
I forgot how good this concert is even though the concert is on DVD and enjoying it.
This is a 3 disc set, 2 CD's & 1 DVD, Going to take a while to enjoy all the music.
:handgestures-thumbup: Forgot David plays a pretty good sax

Botch said:
518g0lPe90L.jpg

Really enjoying this; thanks for the recommendation Mr. Mackwood! :text-thankyoublue: :text-bravo:

There was some noise at the beginning of the 2nd track, sounded like amplified vinyl noise, then it went away until the last chord of that track; recording's been clean from there (the joys of live recording), love it! :music-listening:
You're most welcome Botch.

That's the noise I mentioned in my post in PaulyT's thread. A small price to pay for such a great DVD otherwise.

Jeff

Ps. How'd you like the Samba Squad? I specifically did not mention them so as to not spoil their appearance. Oops!

Umphrey's McGee - UMerica, Live at Red Rocks

umphrey_jamming.jpg

While looking for a pic of the DVD box (I couldn't find one) I noticed a concert poster, they're playing again at RR on 2 and 3 July this year; that may just be worth a road trip. :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: Hopefully they record this show too, but in Bluray and 5.1 this time.

Barney said:
David Gilmour Live in Gdańsk
I forgot how good this concert is even though the concert is on DVD and enjoying it.
This is a 3 disc set, 2 CD's & 1 DVD, Going to take a while to enjoy all the music.
:handgestures-thumbup: Forgot David plays a pretty good sax

I don't own the dvd, just the cd from this concert, and agree it's a great concert.

Watched this one today and learned A LOT about Lenny and the Band..............

I would classify this as a Docu-Concert, do to the interviews between songs.

It was filmed purposely gritty......

Audio is great!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

91TQZuKsn8L._SX522_.jpg

Snarky Puppy, Family Dinner, Volume II.
I've been listening to the CD since it came out, today's the first I've watched the video (in-studio live recording with be-phoned small audience). Does anyone know what that stringed instrument in the Intro is, looks like a hurdy-gurdy but is bowed? I'm intrigued (I'm also intrigued with Becca Stevens...).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2G_PquyIco[/youtube]

(PaulyT: fixed)

Looks a lot like a Nyckelharpa - same instrument Mats Wester plays with Joe B. in his acoustic series.

Thanks Pauly, and yes it's a nyckelharpa.

Now to avoid the inevitable nyckelback puns.... :eusa-whistle:

Ziggy Stardust, on MTV Live (formerly Palladia).
Okay sound, 5.1 despite its age. Picture is pretty poor, but the makeup/costumes/stage play/lighting makes this kinda inconsequential. Good show, and a very unusual yet passionate response from the audience. Worth a watch! :music-rockout:

Ziggy-ziggy-stardust-28242503-494-700.jpg

(oh yeah, two more words: Mick Ronson!)

Back