• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

KISS Rocks Vegas.

KISS, got old. :(
The only info I can find on this MTV special tonight is that it was "First aired 6/11/2016". It appears to be all the original members (the LG and drummer, when filled in with others, had different makeup for each; these guys have the original makeup; I thought one of them died?).
The mix isn't very good, but the vocals (both leads and harmonies) are spot on. Don't know if they're pre-recorded, Auto-Tuned live, or they actually sing that well (they didn't the one time I've seen them live, the tour when they first put the makeup back on (with all original members)).
The sad thing is, though, they're old; they don't have that showmanship that made them special, back in the day, and the crowd looks equally excited, fresh out of their city council/PTA meetings.

Heh, it just helped, a LOT, to turn it up. :cool:

KISS-Las-Vegas-Hard-Rock-Hotel-2.jpg

I watched this one next, which I have not seen in quite a long time (2/15)...............

:handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

91V057SgI1L._SX522_.jpg

Watched this one again.................amazing stuff here!!!!

KISS Rocks Vegas.

KISS, got old. :(
The only info I can find on this MTV special tonight is that it was "First aired 6/11/2016". It appears to be all the original members (the LG and drummer, when filled in with others, had different makeup for each; these guys have the original makeup; I thought one of them died?).
The mix isn't very good, but the vocals (both leads and harmonies) are spot on. Don't know if they're pre-recorded, Auto-Tuned live, or they actually sing that well (they didn't the one time I've seen them live, the tour when they first put the makeup back on (with all original members)).
The sad thing is, though, they're old; they don't have that showmanship that made them special, back in the day, and the crowd looks equally excited, fresh out of their city council/PTA meetings.

Heh, it just helped, a LOT, to turn it up. :cool:

KISS-Las-Vegas-Hard-Rock-Hotel-2.jpg

Nope, all of the original members are still alive. Eric Carr who filled Peter Chris' spot after Peter unceremoniously left the band passed away, but he was not an original member. I haven't seen this particular show but I imagine at their age it would be hard to prance around on 8 inch heels, especially in Paul Stanley's case, the way thy used to. I have seen them in concert man years ago and they were that good and sang and harmonized that well live. I would like to catch this.
And, I would have to double check but the first tour after they put the makeup back on was not the original lineup it was with whichever drummer and LG were with them at the time. They have done a few things here and there, but the 4 original members haven't toured together since the breakup (going strictly by what is a failing memory). I believe all 4 original members played together at the Rock and Roll HOF induction and I believe Eddie Trunk had a lot to do with that. I believe that is the only time all 4 original members have been on stage together since the breakup of the original lineup. I think...

Just finished a treadmill session, which I haven't been very good about lately so I decided to reward myself with a little Blue Man Group The Complex then I rewarded myself even further with Battalla Los Tambores from Godsmack's Changes DVD.

My PB12 Plus 2 still works well and my ATI still has plenty of power.

I've been watching a few Metallica concerts on youtube from the '88-94 era when they were at their peak. No one could touch those guys.

716h7fwGCwL._SL1500_.jpg

This is up there as one of my favorites..............great prog rock!

Am about halfway through this one, taking a break because I want to respond to this here. Impressions: I like this music very much! AFAIK this is the first time I've heard any Porcupine Tree. Much more interesting music/composition to me than Wilson's solo stuff, at least of what I've got (only two albums I think). But honestly I'm not too impressed with Wilson's live performance abilities. His guitars and vocals are ... ok .. but they don't grab me. So to me, clearly his writing is his strength. What stand out to me in this video are primarily: the bassist (Edwin) - his bass lines are interesting and unusual and I like his style, very smooth and somewhat understated, but he goes so far beyond just the root chord, really makes the bass into an important voice and not just a crude foundation. Especially love his work in "Way Out of Here." And the drummer (Harrison) is pretty damn good IMHO, esp. in "Anesthetize." Again, he's not just keeping the beat, but really contributing to the music, if that makes any sense.

But holy crap the drug use imagery is rather extreme... wow.

So I guess that I was so wrapped up in the music, that I missed the drug use imagery??? Holy Crap!

^That's a normal and pleasing sized photo. What gives? Couldn't you find a 6MP image of that concert? :mocking:

No one else has commented, but I was blown away by Lady Gaga's performance at the Super Bowl.
  1. From all analysis, it appears she was doing all the singing without lip-syncing
  2. She danced well while singing
  3. Her protest was very laudable ("This land is your land" was the original protest song and hard to argue with)
  4. Flying around on cables was a surprise, and she actually pulled it off
  5. Her piano playing didn't suck as I had seen in other halftime shows
  6. She was truly entertaining and herself
Clearly she intended to do a show as huge as possible without risking the ability to perform for real. In other words, rather than doing some exhausting dance moves which would greatly hinder her ability to sing (and potentially make her decide to lip-sync in spots), she just simplified or held back on the dance moves. I also LOVED her exit from the stage. Unlike every single other performer who ended their half-time shows by basking in the applause and attention while panting and sweating, she just got off the stage and out of camera shot. I thought that was genius!

I just wish I liked any of her music - like any of it. I also wish I gave a shit about all that complicated dancing and intense choreography.

Respect.

Ha that's funny, I just watched this full show about five minutes ago... (got bored of the game and went off to practice piano during the second quarter so I missed it last night)

Agreed, quite a performance, well choreographed. I loved the drones at the beginning (the stars/flag behind her).

Bad news, the drones were filmed a prior night and edited into the concert for TV. The people at the stadium only saw the drones on the Jumbo-Tron.

Back