• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

lulimet........

I have never seen Flight 666 in it's entirety, however what I have seen on Palladia I love!

I have Iron Maden Live in Rio.........on DVD......... :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Is it worth the BR Purchase?

heeman

They released the Rock In Rio bluray? That's news to me unless you're asking if the Flight 666 bluray is worth purchasing. In that case, yes, it's very worth it. It also has a 90 minute documentary on how everything works in touring. Good stuff. A must if you're a Maiden fan.

lulimet said:
They released the Rock In Rio bluray? That's news to me unless you're asking if the Flight 666 bluray is worth purchasing. In that case, yes, it's very worth it. It also has a 90 minute documentary on how everything works in touring. Good stuff. A must if you're a Maiden fan.

Yea, I was asking about the Flight 666 on BR. I don't think the Rock in Rio has been released on BR.

Flight 666 also on the list to get.......

3965_large.jpg

From Pauly, he shared this with us.I must say THANKS for such a wonderful share!!! Thank you times ten, eleven & twelve!!!

If Zing has not purchased this by Sunday, then I will! :text-+1:

Botch said:
santana_mclaughlin.jpg

This seemed like an odd pairing when I saw it, but bought it anyway. Reading the liner notes I was reminded that Carlos and John did an album back in, what, the '70s, called (iirc) Love, devotion and surrender. I've never heard that album.
The videography on this disk is incredible, absolutely beautiful.
The music, so far, is wanting. The first tune in the set sounded like a "final" tune in a show; two lead guitarists trying to out-do each other, with lots of imbalances in the instruments that's normally the case on live concerts. There doesn't seem to be too much "give and take" between the two.
The next couple of songs featured just John and the band, and it had some great moments. Now, halfway thru the disk, Carlos came back out and its finally starting to jel.
I'm ready for bed, I'll finish the disk, and my review, tomorrow. :shifty:
Well, almost two months later, I finally finished this. Barely.
Its pretty disappointing. As I said before, the video is great, the players are great, but it sounds like the band never rehearsed together before the show; a lot of slop, missed cues and endings, I've been in a couple bar bands that were tighter than this. And the sound man must've had a hard-on for John McLaughlin, his guitar was always just a little too loud, compared to everyone else.
The keyboardist, David K. Mathews (not familiar with him), was really tasty, as were the rhythm section: Dennis Chambers (still chewing gum), Carlos' daughter, and a good percussionist who you could rarely hear. Good bass player who played with gloves on :?
This one could've been so much better... :(

In the early-to-mid 90's, the Live in Australia concert was something to behold. The show/performance was absolutely stellar, despite the fact this was filmed when Elton was still doing boat loads of scotch and coke. The fact that he even had motor skills under those influences is nothing short of miraculous, let alone the wherewithal to sing and play the piano. Anyhow, I can't even begin to calculate the amount of hours we spent watching this. We'd pop the tape in the VCR, turn on the stereo and fire up Dolby through a pair of speakers flanking the TV. Good times.

Since then, I've been keeping an eye out for this to arrive on Blu-ray. Year after year, nothing. It got to the point where I was willing to settle for DVD. I just wanted to see it again. Still, no such luck. Pretty soon, I found myself looking for VCR's to buy - I wanted to see it that bad.

A few days ago, I ran into this import DVD. I don't think I've ever added anything to a shopping cart so fast. It was after the final "submit order" button-click that I thought "Gee, I should probably check to see how much I just paid for that". Thankfully, it was only $11.

It arrived yesterday and I gave it a spin. The video is in 4:3 aspect and its video quality is horrendous. On a scale of 1-5, this comes in somewhere in the negative. But once the show started, I was oblivious to video quality. This is one of those shows that's so good, watching it on a 19" B&W TV is still enthralling. Anything else is icing on the cake.

For you Elton fans, if you haven't seen this since the VHS days, pick this up ASAP!

1332991642_elton_john_live_in_australia_with_melbourne_sympho.png

Nice. That's the Elton album I've listened to the most, by a long shot. I'd be willing to get that video for $11, just to get some vague idea of what he was like on stage.

Edit: got it for $7 on eBay, though it's gonna take two weeks to get here...

Zing said:
In the early-to-mid 90's, the Live in Australia concert was something to behold. The show/performance was absolutely stellar, despite the fact this was filmed when Elton was still doing boat loads of scotch and coke. The fact that he even had motor skills under those influences is nothing short of miraculous, let alone the wherewithal to sing and play the piano. Anyhow, I can't even begin to calculate the amount of hours we spent watching this. We'd pop the tape in the VCR, turn on the stereo and fire up Dolby through a pair of speakers flanking the TV. Good times.

Since then, I've been keeping an eye out for this to arrive on Blu-ray. Year after year, nothing. It got to the point where I was willing to settle for DVD. I just wanted to see it again. Still, no such luck. Pretty soon, I found myself looking for VCR's to buy - I wanted to see it that bad.

A few days ago, I ran into this import DVD. I don't think I've ever added anything to a shopping cart so fast. It was after the final "submit order" button-click that I thought "Gee, I should probably check to see how much I just paid for that". Thankfully, it was only $11.

It arrived yesterday and I gave it a spin. The video is in 4:3 aspect and its video quality is horrendous. On a scale of 1-5, this comes in somewhere in the negative. But once the show started, I was oblivious to video quality. This is one of those shows that's so good, watching it on a 19" B&W TV is still enthralling. Anything else is icing on the cake.

For you Elton fans, if you haven't seen this since the VHS days, pick this up ASAP!

1332991642_elton_john_live_in_australia_with_melbourne_sympho.png

Mind you...we are viewing this as I reply!!! This import DVD goes way back for Zing & Babs!!!

I was so happy when he showed me he had finally found a DVD, no Blu-ray. Maybe someday!!!

My suggestions...

Bennie & The Jets

Your Song

Burn Down the Mission

I have this on pre-order. I might as well get them all. :music-rockout:

Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013 [Blu-ray]

Crossroads_combined_product+shot.jpg

Release date is Nov 19th.

Track listing:

Disc 1

1. Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton
2. Spider Jiving - Eric Clapton with Andy Fairweather Low
3. Lay Down Sally - Eric Clapton with Vince Gill
4. Time Is Tight - Booker T. with Steve Cropper
5. Born Under A Bad Sign - Booker T. with Steve Cropper, Keb Mo , Blake Mills, Matt Guitar Murphy & Albert Lee
6. Green Onions - Booker T. with Steve Cropper, Keb Mo , Blake Mills, Matt Guitar Murphy & Albert Lee
7. Great Big Old House - The Robert Cray Band
8. Everyday I Have The Blues - The Robert Cray Band with B.B. King, Eric Clapton & Jimmie Vaughan
9. Next Of Kindred Spirit - Sonny Landreth
10. Cry - Doyle Bramhall II with Alice Smith
11. Bullet And A Target - Doyle Bramhall II with Citizen Cope
12. She s Alright - Doyle Bramhall II with Gary Clark Jr.
13. This Time - Earl Klugh
14. Mirabella - Earl Klugh
15. Heavenly Bodies - Kurt Rosenwinkel
16. Big Road Blues - Kurt Rosenwinkel with Eric Clapton
17. Next Door Neighbor Blues - Gary Clark Jr.
18. Queen Of California - John Mayer
19. Don t Let Me Down John Mayer with Keith Urban
20. Damn Right, I ve Got The Blues - Buddy Guy with Robert Randolph & Quinn Sullivan
21. Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad - The Allman Brothers Band with Eric Clapton
22. Whipping Post - The Allman Brothers Band

Disc 2

1. Congo Square - Sonny Landreth with Derek Trucks
2. Change It - John Mayer with Doyle Bramhall II
3. Ooh-Ooh-Ooh - Jimmie Vaughan
4. Save The Last Dance For Me - Blake Mills with Derek Trucks
5. Don t Worry Baby - Los Lobos
6. I Got To Let You Know - Los Lobos with Robert Cray
7. The Needle And The Damage Done - Allman, Haynes, Trucks
8. Midnight Rider - Allman, Haynes, Trucks
9. I Ain t Living Long Like This - Vince Gill with Albert Lee
10. Tumbling Dice Vince Gill with Keith Urban & Albert Lee
11. Walkin Blues - Taj Mahal with Keb Mo
12. Diving Duck Blues - Taj Mahal with Keb Mo
13. When My Train Pulls In - Gary Clark Jr.
14. Please Come Home - Gary Clark Jr.
15. Going Down - Jeff Beck with Beth Hart <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,
16. Mná Na Héireann - Jeff Beck
17. Key To The Highway Eric Clapton with Keith Richards
18. I Shall Be Released - Eric Clapton with Robbie Robertson
19. Gin House Blues - Andy Fairweather Low with Eric Clapton
20. Got To Get Better In A Little While - Eric Clapton
21. Crossroads - Eric Clapton
22. Sunshine Of Your Love - Eric Clapton
23. High Time We Went - Ensemble

3768_large.jpg

For those that are interested...check out Laurice & her opera debut!!!

The ladies, overall, have a whole LOT going on!!!! :handgestures-thumbup:

Just got the Flying Colors Live in Europe blu-ray today... but it won't play. At all. In either of my two players (ps3 and sony 370). Apparently this is a known problem... hope I can get this resolved.

^ I went to our local BB on Tuesday and they didn't have it. BB in McAllen had it buy not worth the hour drive. Let us know if you get it resolved and if it is good or not.

I just got, yesterday from the Big Brown Truck, the Peter Gabriel and Brian Ferry BR Concerts that Botch posted about. I also got the new Smashing Pumpkins BR. Will try to squeeze these in between the Die Hard BR's.

PaulyT said:
Just got the Flying Colors Live in Europe blu-ray today... but it won't play. At all. In either of my two players (ps3 and sony 370). Apparently this is a known problem... hope I can get this resolved.
Check the Region Code. There was a concert BD that I was ready to purchase but noticed it wasn't coded for the US, but I can't remember if it was this one or not...

I thought region codes were only a DVD thing? Does blu-ray have the same issue? But yeah from the little I saw, it did seem to affect mainly (only?) US folks.

There were 7 or so Amazon reviews, with most of them not being able to play the disk (the lone exception was the guy with an Oppo :banana-dance: ). The Bluray did have a "Region" code, and it wasn't for the US. However, one guy posted this:

Update: The manufacturer (Mascot Label Group @ http://www.mlgmerch.com/) claims that the Blu-ray does not work with many older Sony and Panasonic Blu-ray players. I have both the BDP-18 and the BDP-S370, it doesn't work in either. They say they are correcting the problem and will have new pressing within two weeks.

So, I'd contact the manufacturer and keep an eye on Amazon; good luck!

Yeah, saw those, guess it's mainly an encoding format issue? Dunno. Yeah, contacted the label, we'll see what happens... guess I'll watch Die Hard 2 instead. :laughing:

Got an answer from the label, they'll send me a new one ... in two weeks. Guess they're manufacturing a whole new batch.

Back