• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

This just came on on Palladia. I'm definitely getting the bluray; I've only seen the first tune but its great, and Sade (who I think is older than me) looks stunning! :banana-dance:[/quote]

Sade just turned 50 and still is a real fox. She's mine and you can't have her. :teasing-neener:

I have this on DVD and it's a winner in both video and audio. Soldier of Love rocks the house.

I have a few on que that I need to get to this weekend.

41H49i2QhvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I bought this one from Burning Shed. It comes with a concert DVD of PT playing "The Incident"

51%2BdHqRYq3L._SS400_.jpg

Bob R said:
This just came on on Palladia. I'm definitely getting the bluray; I've only seen the first tune but its great, and Sade (who I think is older than me) looks stunning! :banana-dance:

Sade just turned 50 and still is a real fox. She's mine and you can't have her. :teasing-neener:

I have this on DVD and it's a winner in both video and audio. Soldier of Love rocks the house.

I have a few on que that I need to get to this weekend.

41H49i2QhvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I bought this one from Burning Shed. It comes with a concert DVD of PT playing "The Incident"

51%2BdHqRYq3L._SS400_.jpg
[/quote]

^^^
:text-bravo: :text-bravo: :text-bravo:

That there is some GOOOOOOOOD stuff!!

613MPXZ5HZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This kind've slipped on watching Palladia (I was enjoying, in neanderthal fashion, a KISS concert). I'm not a MC fan. But had to mention, the sound on this SUX!!!

The crowd noise is constant, and overwhelms the "music". And I'm pretty sure the lead singer's vox are only represented in the back channels, and mostly just reverb. How the hell does dreck like this get released?!?!? :barf:

41tY3bNOHuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Watched this again last night, picked up on a few things that I didn't notice last time. Shirley is a true artist - no flash, all substance. This video was done in a small but historically significant club - the Village Vanguard - with a stage barely big enough for a piano, a drumset, and a stool for the bassist (the neck of his guitar was about 6 inches from the cymbals). The PQ sucks, I coulda done as well with my handheld video cam. But it's good enough so that you can see all Shirley's expressions and her little glances at her trio members, and the subtle communication going on between them, it's quite fascinating. OTOH the SQ is quite respectable, and that's what matters here. This is REAL jazz, and an intimate look at a great, great musician. It's not fast paced, rather the opposite - Shirley is known for her slow but emotionally charged ballads. This is definitely a concert where you have a glass of wine and just sink into the music.

tumblr_m69f9buWlh1qil90mo8_r1_500.jpg

First off, I didn't realize Wish You Were Here was recorded after Dark Side of the Moon. Very interesting doc, especially the comments, photos and vids of Syd Barrett. The band was visually shaken up when they recollected the much-documented incident when Syd showed up at the final mixdown of Shine On you Crazy Diamond, and it took awhile for anyone to recognize him...

Before:

Syd_Barrett_scratching_head.jpg

After:

220px-Syd_Barrett_Abbey_Road_1975.jpg

:shock:

I dont have this, but after a little youtubing this morning, I want it. Looked like it might be a good watch.

51AkqvUXgCL._SY300_.jpg

Any SMF's out there?

Randy said:
I dont have this, but after a little youtubing this morning, I want it. Looked like it might be a good watch.

51AkqvUXgCL._SY300_.jpg

Any SMF's out there?

We used to go see Twisted Sister back in the rock club days on Long Island NY. They used to play the Mad Hatter in Stony Brook and some other clubs like HammerHeads!! This was back when Zebra was kicking it!!! Early 80's!!!

My brother won all their albums on Vinyl back in the 80's on a Radio Phone in thing......not sure if he still has them or not.

Were not gonna take it!!!!!!

512q3z7LHQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

If you are a Hendrix Fan or a Gary Moore Fan.................JUST BUY IT YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!

:music-rockout: :bow-blue: :music-rockout:

Not quite a concert video but what the hell... Radiohead's The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of all Time:
Containing music from Radiohead's 'Hail to the Thief' as well as tracks unreleased before, set to a collection of perhaps the strangest videos you've seen on your teevee, and introduced by the one-and-only, the incorrigible, the indefatigable, the certifiable Chieftan Mews... It is, without doubt, The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of all Time. Or, in the words of THOM YORKE: Twenty-four short films with music by Radiohead This was originally meant to be 4 episodes shown on our very own television channel. It was just before Hail to the Thief was released. Everyone was working themselves into a froth. They told us they could get us our own station. Somewhere here, somewhere there, you know. It was very exciting. We were going to take over the airwaves. So we set about puxing together some television. We got lots of tapes from a request we put on our website. Lots. Lots and lots. We also generated some television of our own to avoid going sir crazy in the studio. It was saved by the dedication of Dilly Gent who diligently went through all the tapes and Chris Bran who edited them together. The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of all Time -- Something about money, cutbacks, too weird, might scare the children, staV layoVs, shareholders.. you know.. fair enough. It was a shame considering there is a lot of people's hard work here. It sort of got forgoxen about. Until now. So we apologize to everybody who sent us their work..... SORRY IT'S LATE. But now you can watch it when you want, and maybe actually see it properly as well. It contains music from Hail to the chief etc., and all sorts of other suff from us... videos you may not have seen, and unreleased music that isn't out anywhere else. A Thom Yorke, 2nd September 2004.

Permalink: http://amzn.com/B0006VWS4Y

That link has the review I quoted but there are others that are selling it for more reasonable prices.

While searching on Youtube for old videos of The Producers (a killer 1980s power-pop band out of Atlanta) I stumbled onto a full concert video recorded for Spain's TVE of Frank Zappa performing in Barcelona. What a killer band, amazing music, and genius writing.

I am fortunate to live in a time where I can watch amazing performances I would never be able to see in person.

Just clicked on "The Making of Bridge over troubled water, on Palladia. This may be worth buying the disk, and I'm only 6 minutes in... :music-rockout:

EDIT 1: Oh wow, the incredible drum reverb in "The Boxer" was done strictly by instrument placement; the producer walked around the studio clapping his hands, and recognized what he wanted at a spot right in front of the elevator doors, that's where the drums were set up and recorded!

EDIT 2: The Only Living Boy in New York: how the harmonies were recorded, again in an incredible reverberant space, WOW. They also spoke a lot about the 8-string bass part, I need to listen again tomorrow for that...

EDIT 3: El Condor Pasa was a Venezuelan insturmental that Paul heard and fell in love with, he wrote lyrics to it, they recorded the vocals against the original recording.

EDIT Final: Bridge. I'm weeping here. Botch out.

heeman said:
512q3z7LHQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

If you are a Hendrix Fan or a Gary Moore Fan.................JUST BUY IT YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!

:music-rockout: :bow-blue: :music-rockout:

Just bought that one.

'This one, is amazing. 80's video, outstanding audio, :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

61FrK2XUoaL._SL1024_.jpg

Watched Chicago in Chicago last night.

Chicago-In-Chicago.jpg

Concert: 3.5 Stars*
Audio Quality: 3.5 Stars
Picture Quality: 4.0 Stars

*Chicago seems to have an uncanny knack for hiring uncanny band member replacements. A most recent example - Jason Scheff (who replaced Peter Cetera) was distinctly different yet distinctly similar. If you're familiar with the change, I think you'd agree it was uncanny. Well, as this concert started, I noticed two more different faces. Walt Parazaider and Bill Champlin were both gone but I was most concerned with Bill's replacement (Lou Pardini). However, he didn't sing more than 5 notes when I about came out of my skin! This guy was Terry Kath and Bill Champlin rolled into one. If you're a Chicago fan, this one is worth checking out. Un-friggin'-canny!

uVvg.png

Just watched Disc 2 of this one tonight, first time in the HT...............Just AWESOME!!

Too bad it is DVD and not Blu Ray. :(

zappa-plays-zappa-live-10-31-07-beacon-theater-nyc-dvd-c82b2.jpg

heeman said:
Just watched Disc 2 of this one tonight, first time in the HT...............Just AWESOME!!

Too bad it is DVD and not Blu Ray. :(

zappa-plays-zappa-live-10-31-07-beacon-theater-nyc-dvd-c82b2.jpg

I go out of my way to always catch Dweezil's shows in Austin. They are awesome, even with a smaller band.

Double Dipped and finally bought the Blu Ray of this and watched last night...........

Great!

71OuOMoaK%2BL._SL1024_.jpg

51HlfCxSlhL._SY300_.jpg

This was released this year, just became aware of it.
There were some new "claymation" at the front (can't remember the guy's name, real stoner) but the concert footage I've seen so far, it seems I already own (it's the Mothers, Chester, Napoleon, George Duke, et al).
Hope there's something new on it, we'll see.

Back