• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

Maybe a concert video, maybe NOT...but you all should give this a look see!

This is what music was built on!

The Funk Brothers.

!!eBpDqw!2M~$(KGrHqV,!lsEz+4p+SshBNQzk+w5Sw~~_35.JPG

Ha! Just teasing. All styles of music have their own histories.

Sooooo…. last night after I got home from the Symphony I came home and wanted more music, so I grabbed my older DVD of Roger Hodgson performing solo in Montreal with just a sax player supporting him, and damn if that wasn't an absolutely amazing performance. This guy is so fucking talented I cannot fathom it. He effortlessly performs his classic songs and doesn't break a sweat of any kind. In fact, it is so effortless it almost seems disappointing, but the performance is so incredibly spot on and all the energy and emotions in all those classic Supertramp and solo songs are present. Insane!!!!

Defies all logic and preconceptions.

cover_1417121492011_r.JPG

^ So Steven Wilson - Home Invasion In Concert at the Royal Albert Hall, just totally kicks ass!!

Video and Audio is great along with the great musicianship...............

Highly recommended!!!

What do you do with you are a famous progressive Jazz/Fusion metal band with a catalog of complex songs in odd time signatures and a penchant for polyrhythm? Well, you get three well-established and incredibly talented drummers and make them play solos off one another.

I got to see King Crimson in Austin while they were on this tour and it was incredible to watch live!

So how is it? I am not a huge fan but have been eyeing it.
Really good, just finished it. I know Beth mainly from her association with Joe B, so I'm more familiar with her bluesy/rock side. There's some of that in this one, but also more of her intimate and vulnerable side, especially the solo (just her on her piano) set in the middle, I found it quite moving.

Definitely a keeper. Sound is very good. Video is excellent.

Also just finished watching the extras, there's a great interview with Beth, she's got some very interesting things to say. I love that stuff that gives you a little more of an insight into an artist's thinking and motivation. Actually brings more meaning to the music, for me anyway.

Seriously~Check out Drea Rhenee (Back Ground Vocalist) in the last song,
Also, Yvette ‘Babygirl’ Preyer~Drummer...WOW, on both.

Ok not a concert video in the usual sense:

20771761_10155617117224530_1941203870_o.jpg

I admit, I know just about NOTHING about Springsteen or his music. I might recognize a handful of songs as being his... maybe. If I had a few hints. I know exactly zero about him personally. So I don't have any idea how much of this show (it's on Netflix/Amazon) is truly autobiographical and how much is theater, but it's pretty interesting so far (I'm only about a half an hour in). I also didn't know that he played some piano, that's cool.

Ok not a concert video in the usual sense:

20771761_10155617117224530_1941203870_o.jpg

I highly recommend this show. As I said above I know almost nothing about Bruce, but there were some deep emotional moments in this show that really moved me. Great stories, he's quite articulate, obviously an experienced performer. Respect.

Mild spoiler: if ever there was a place I was surprised to hear the Lord's Prayer recited, it was here.

Back