• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What is this thing called a subwoofer?

Speaking of "A" game - anyone want to guess what this is?

REWsweeponCS-181.jpg

I'll take a shot. The guy on the bottom is dead, (flat line) the guy on upper scale has arrhythmia bad, and is about to die. :laughing-rolling:

It is the CS-18.1 in room, after running Audyssey, no subsonic filter. Part of our design is to allow the subwoofers to mesh well with the Auto-EQ in various receivers.

TCA huh? I checked out their website and the WAF-1 they are selling look neat. Altough that is pretty much the only thing TCA is offering these days. I am guessing the economy hasn;t been kind to them?

Really interested in their WAF-1's. They look really nice and the price (if performace holds up to the reveiws) is amazing.

We can talk about the WAF-1 here, no worries. The WAF-1 is a terrific speaker, especially for the money. It is also being close out of our speaker line up?

Why?

Because we are moving to a domestic speaker of equivalent quality (not identical, but both are excellent).

The WAF-1's are on sale for $149 per pair until they are gone - and they are moving pretty fast at this priceWhat questions did you have about the WAF-1's ?

Well I was thnking about using three of these as my front thrree for my main HT. Which is not a very prodigious/elborate setup. I have always strove(sp?) for a balance between looks/performace/and price. And I think that these would be awesome. As long as I can get some assurance that I am not askign too much of them, which it does not seem.

P.S. I love the recessed grills.

Any chance they/you would be willing to split a pair and sell me one? (3 total.)

btw, the model number rocks.

After short consideration I am convinced that I will go aherad and get two pairs. Just love the look. For the price I am willing to chance the idea of not having listened to them.

Guys on AVS forum seem to love them. That's good enough for me.

It's beautiful. I may just have to grow a set and buy them. Problem is wife likes the paradigm mini-monitors in wenge finish. Hard to argue...

WAF-1real.jpg

Craigsub said:
We can talk about the WAF-1 here, no worries. The WAF-1 is a terrific speaker, especially for the money. It is also being close out of our speaker line up?

Why?

Because we are moving to a domestic speaker of equivalent quality (not identical, but both are excellent).

The WAF-1's are on sale for $149 per pair until they are gone - and they are moving pretty fast at this priceWhat questions did you have about the WAF-1's ?

That's a hell of a nice looking speaker for $149/pr. Will the replacement speaker look just as good as the WAF-1s? What about price?

I may jump on those WAF-1s....Got a link?

lawdog2k said:
http://www.chasehometheater.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=72&category_id=28&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=106

Thanks. :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Hi guys - As can be seen from an earlier link, Tweak City Audio is now Chase Home Theater.

Our current inventory is as follows:

WAF-1's (being discontinued, with the replacement to be ready before Christmas 2010) ... $149 per pair.

Gizmo Amplifier ... Also being discontinued, clearance at $49 each.

The following are in stock, and not being discontinued:

CS-10.2 - A $550 dual 10 inch subwoofer. This guy is an incredibly good music subwoofer with enough slam for the deepest bass. It's a bit of a sleeper in our line up, as its big brothers have been getting all the attention. It was designed to match a JL Audio F-112 in output and sound quality for about 1/5th the price.

CS-18.1 Series 1 and Series 2 - A single 18 inch subwoofer. The differences are detailed on our website. The Series 2 steps up to the rack mount amplifier from Dayton and a better finish. Pictures will be up in October on the Series 2 and the Series 1 with the original amp is on our site.

The Series 1 is $775 and Series 2 is $898

CS-18.T - Again, this will be available in October. It takes a Series 2 CS-18.1 and adds a second subwoofer module for a dual subwoofer set up. Price is $1398 ... and multiple CS-18.T's can be done within a system.

CS-18.2 Series 1 and Series 2 ... Respectively, they are $1275 and $1396. The series 2 has the newer, better finish. CS-18.2 Series 1 are in stock now, with Series 2 available in late October.

Here is a link to our subwoofer page:

http://www.chasehometheater.com/index.p ... 3&TreeId=2

Finally - Our PRO-10 high efficiency monitors ... Picture a 19x11.5 inch speaker capable of delivering reference level SPL AND Musical sound quality from a typical AVR.

Here is a link to the PRO-10:

http://www.chasehometheater.com/index.p ... Itemid=110

We also have an even higher output version coming soon (later in October) called the SHO-10, for those with REALLY demanding rooms.

We are moving full steam ahead - and getting back to the WAF-1's ... the replacements will be 100 % US built - the drivers and cabinet made right here.

I have the prototypes in one of our systems, and love them.

We are planning a GTG at our place on November 13 ... Zing, please mark that on your calendar.

Craigsub said:
We are planning a GTG at our place on November 13 ... Zing, please mark that on your calendar.
I have plans that evening that I cannot alter. However, I'll likely be able to attend for a few hours during during the afternoon. I'll just have to miss the topless servers and the fireworks.
:text-imsorry:

Back