1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

What is this thing called a subwoofer?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Craigsub, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Craigsub

Craigsub Member

I have heard of this device, but never experienced one in person. Can anyone point me to some educational material? :text-imnewhere:

2. PaulyT

PaulyT Behind the Curtain Staff Member Administrator Moderator Superstar

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Welcome!

And ha! I have it through the grapevine that maybe you know more than you're letting on... ;)

3. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

4. Rope

Rope Well-Known Member Famous

I think I have one, have no idea what it does? :teasing-smokingcrack:

Take it back, I have two, still don't know what they do?

Rope

5. PaulyT

PaulyT Behind the Curtain Staff Member Administrator Moderator Superstar

6. Ajax

Ajax New Member

Ignore the OP. He's just trying to run up his post count. :happy-smileygiantred:

This has to be the first time, and likely will be the only time, I have the same post count as Craig. :geek:

7. Craigsub

Craigsub Member

Ok ... So what's the over/under how long it takes to get my sorry behind banned?

8. Craigsub

Craigsub Member

There is some rule here that you need 5 posts before you can annoy people with PM's.

9. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

We have mods that haven't had a single thing to do yet since becoming mods and they're just itching to use their power. So, to answer your question, I'm going to say "not much". :teasing-tease:

10. Craigsub

Craigsub Member

Define Irony ... "Zing" using a "bald" eagle for his Avatar ... :text-lol:

11. Craigsub

Craigsub Member

Hey Zing - When are we going to get you into a REAL subwoofer? I think Quad CS-18.2's for you. It's time to "man up". :happy-smileygiantred:

Pretty cool smileys !

12. Zing

:laughing-rolling:

I think you were doing better with the Stanley Tucci comments. :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

13. Craigsub

Craigsub Member

Hey ... bald is in, so you are just being stylish.

I like this one a lot ! :angry-tappingfoot:

14. Zing

Well, we can't all be blessed with dashing good looks and a full head of hair like you. :angry-banghead:

As for the smilies, if you haven't already noticed the link to more smilies is broken. It's a known problem in this version of phBB. Until it gets fixed, I can only suggest that when you see a smiley you like, quote the post and you'll be able to see the code so you can type it manually.

15. Rope

Running up your post count is considered flattering around these parts; in fact we have a plethora of post whores. Now, start post whoring! :handgestures-thumbup:

Rope

16. Rope

When the over/under is established, I would like to participate in the betting? :teasing-neener:

Rope

17. Craigsub

Craigsub Member

My looks are dashing ... they dashed off somewhere around 1982. :eek:bscene-drinkingdrunk:

18. Craigsub

Craigsub Member

Just for that, you are banished to the Bose forum. The fact that I have no authority here is not relevant. :teasing-tease:

19. Zing

You can't banish him to a place where he's already an admin, silly boy. They gave him honorary admin status after he bought his 4th bass module. :eusa-whistle:

20. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

Be careful. That comment runs the risk of being considered audio related.