• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

can there be any other movie out there thats as exciting as this one?

novy_sci_fi_film_guardians_of_the_galaxy_2014-t2.jpg

oh no, wait, teenage megan ninja turtles...

anyways,

got to see GOTG last sunday, i cant say ive cried so much in a movie, as much as i have here (second is captain america winter soldier)

in a nutshell, man, this was amazing. Everything i was hoping for.

the characters, the humor, the homage to comic afficionados, just a buncha easter eggs (and no im not referring to the one after the credits)...

such a great movie.

i will see this again. yes im willing to drop another cheapo 7 bucks for this flick.

heck i already bought the soundtrack, the stickers, the toys, and rocket racoon figure in september.

awesome.

like three syllable awesome.

because.
they.
can.

My wife and I saw Let's Be Cops at the theater yesterday. It was very funny at times, and glad we saw it. Mindless comedy but worthy of a rental when it comes out.

Attachments

• letsbecops.jpg
    letsbecops.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,598
Was channel surfing and ended up watching Revenge of the Nerds again this weekend.

I'm surprised they still can show that with all the very non-PC stuff that goes on... stereotypes galore regarding pretty much EVERYONE, a little rapey, etc..

Watched "Malificent" great Disney movie showing why the evil Queen from Sleeping Beauty was the way she was. Angelina Jolie did a great job.

Also watched "edge of Tomorrow" with Tom Cruise. One of his better movies in a long while. Great SciFi movie with good plot.

Gonna try and watch "Lucy" with my future wife Scarlett J. If the download gods are with me.

Batman said:
^^ dude, I LOVED Edge of Tomorrow!!
i second this too, as good as a tom cruise not being tom cruise movie can be (first one is collateral)...

i wonder how lucy is... wanna see that one too...

Lucy was just okay....it really went off the rails towards the end IMO.

Watched "Neighbors" last night (Lucy kept buffering). Anyway I must be getting old because this movie was juvenile and stupid. Just lame jokes and I appreciate potty humor as much as the next guy but this pile of crap couldn't even pull off potty humor right. Lame movie.

Oculus. Damn, pretty intense and some major bass. I liked the way they intertwined flashbacks with the present.

Have never been that impressed with Godzilla movies. This new one hasn't changed anything. Great bass though but that's all I can say about it.

Noah_zps01710822.jpg

Meh... Not as good as I'd hoped but not as bad as I'd thought. This one should be a rental, not a purchase.

^ pretty much, I was very disappointed that it wasn't MUCH better than it was.

* LIGHT SPOILER
Matt, while nothing spectacular, really enjoyed Godzilla. If I could change something, it would be to include another different monster or two.

Batman said:
^ pretty much, I was very disappointed that it wasn't MUCH better than it was.

* LIGHT SPOILER
Matt, while nothing spectacular, really enjoyed Godzilla. If I could change something, it would be to include another different monster or two.

likewise

*spoiler alert!*

for noah, i felt after the flood it all went downhill and pretty much into a family drama we all know well about in real life. i didnt care much for it afterwards. painful to watch...

*spoiler alert for godzilla!!!*
i agree batman! i think they should have had a monster or two in there, and hopefully, not have a sequel to this one. as much as it was well done for me, the second one better step up i guess. i still liked it. dont know for a purchase but its worth it.

still one of the best movies this year is cap'n america and gotg...

For Noah I was confused as the bible stated that Noah's sons had all been married and had families of their own before the flood so I was surprised the story didn't even follow that part correctly.

Ironic how an agnostic knows so much about the bible huh?

Godzilla for me was just okay. The whole thing was too far fetched. Okay how did the female monster get pregnant because she was pregnant before she met up with the male monster and what was up with Godzilla (spoiler) he battles the two then is like okay I've defended the city no need for me to go on a killing rampage anymore. Seriously he just showed up to defend the city. And out of all the soldiers only Bryan Cranstons son is the only one THE ONLY FRIGGIN ONE who can disarm a nuclear bomb using analog gear.

I realize the whole film was far fetched but put some sort of reality into it. Oh and when he protects the little kid within one minute the kid finds his parents out of millions of displaced relatives roaming around within one minute he finds them. Same thing when the lead guy finds his wife and child. Seriously I'm in Wal Mart and it takes me 20 minutes to locate my girlfriend but these guys find each other in a whole town of displaced people in one minute.

MatthewB said:
For Noah I was confused as the bible stated that Noah's sons had all been married and had families of their own before the flood so I was surprised the story didn't even follow that part correctly.

Ironic how an agnostic knows so much about the bible huh?

Close but not quite. The sons of Noah had no children when they entered the ark. The bible does not mention the grandchildren of Noah until after the flood. Second Peter chapter two verse five specifies that eight people were on the ark; Noah, the three sons, and their four wives... no grandchildren.

Genesis 6:18
But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark--you and your sons and your wife and your sons' wives with you.

Genesis 7:7
And Noah and his sons and his wife and his sons' wives entered the ark to escape the waters of the flood.

Genesis 7:12
The rain fell upon the earth for forty days and forty nights. (13)On the very same day Noah and Shem and Ham and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife and the three wives of his sons with them, entered the ark, (14) they and every beast after its kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth after its kind, and every bird after its kind ...

2 Peter:5
... and did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly

Hey it's been over twenty years since I read the bible. I knew the sons all had wives but I figured they brought their children with them. Guess they were getting busy on the boat.

Robocop (2014)

RoboCop-signed-poster-competition.jpg

I'm surprised it didn't get higher rating on some of the major movie sites. Granted, it's a remake and inevitably it gets compared to the original. But as far as screen writing goes, it's better than the crap movies that are coming out these days. There are scenes that build up suspense well by its camera work, dialogue, sound effects and ...etc, the way it's all put together. I would say the director did a good job. Plus, the pace is pretty good (2 hrs long but felt like it was shorter).

In the scene where the doctor reveals how much of the machine replaced the main character's body, I felt sad for the guy. Not many movies touch my emotion. This movie also does a decent job on character building. It's got politics, family value, corporate greed and a compassionate doctor. That's a decent plot.

3.5 stars out of 5 from me. As for the visual effects and audio quality, I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars. :handgestures-thumbupright:

If you like high-tech and shooting actions, it's a "buy".

Robocop wasnt so bad, i liked it a lot too. especially the scene you described.

Dark shadows.

dont.

Back