• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Rigor Mortis (2013)

watched this over the weekend, curious because it was going to show 'vampire hunter', a tribute to the early 80s-90's chinese vampire movies. (the ones that are in imperial clothing, have their hands raised forward, hopping from one area to another...)

not bad, but not the best as well. The plot, altho good at certain points, had its weaknesses. nothing new with chinese films nowadays.

the ending was a bit anti climatic, and sadly, a bit messy, like it wanted to get it over with.

great movie, but a rental (i did via ps3 network)

Age of uprising (2013)

available on uverse, had a credit available so used it on this movie.

its a great movie for Mads Mikkelsen, but it aint no braveheart or gladiator. in fact, it was a bit of a let down. maybe it was because i expected more from it, and that i was expecting something.

definitely worth a rental, and despite being slow at certain points, it was worth the watch.

Age-of-Uprising-The-Legend-Of-Michael-Kohlhaas.jpg

forgot to mention,

watched Edge of tomorrow via theater here, was going to see HTTYD 2, but thought it might still be too early with tons of kids etc.

Great movie, wifey brought about a great point about it, 'the heros journey' which she studied in high school.

pretty cool movie, its similar but not to groundhog day based on the trailers, but definitely a good movie. much better than oblivious oblivion.

This has been sitting on the unwatched pile for a while......................watched it last night :scared-yipes:

Anyone else see this: Your thoughts?

0003242906251_500X500.jpg

i remember when ive introduced a couple of members to Taken back before it became mainstream, and im grateful that others have enjoyed it and found solace in quality movies once again. as always, after a bit of watching, and when it hit the mainstream, it kinda got overplayed and like any good song/movie, it tends to suck afterwards. but i still remember that awesome feeling the first viewing... i havent had that 'discovery' in a while, and well... until now.

three things,
1. this isnt as super impressive, like a 7 out of 10 in regards to taken's standards.
2. this is korean, so for those not interested in subtitles, well, time to pass.
3. as we refer to number 1, the storyline is flawed, a bit dragged out (especially towards the ending, to a point painful), but at times, definitely has its moments. i wont lie, it feels like a superimposed version of a number of good movies, and while i dont want to ruin the experience, im sure you'd recognize it when the timing comes.

The suspect
suspect_06.jpg

i rented it via ps3, and is available through other options as well. i chose not to purchase it, simply because korean movies on blu-ray tend to drop prices in a month or two. ive got three or four movies that got full price, then see it drop to flippin 10 bucks in a month.

i hope you like it.

heeman said:
This has been sitting on the unwatched pile for a while......................watched it last night :scared-yipes:

Anyone else see this: Your thoughts?
There will be blood (removed image and replaced text for reference)

I liked it, but at times, ive felt lost, confused in the storyline. you tend to either like or love certain characters, others of course, you want to hate. hate to the point of wanting the movie to end, or that some inate human nature in us want them to be hurt, this was my feeling towards one of the characters.

great movie, but couldve been a tad shorter.

Day lewis as always, shines in this one.

^ I watched it a few years ago after hearing about the Oscar nominations. It was a bit long but didn't feel too dragged. DDL acting was very good but other than that, meh... :confusion-shrug: That's what I felt.
Now if it was about winning a critical battle like D-Day or saving the world by sacrificing oneself or something more grand, then I would have liked it more.

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night in Dolby Atmos, both the movie and sound were AMAZING!!

I was planning to wait until this weekend to see Guardians at the AMC Prime theater (with Atmos). Good thing this thread prompted me to check because it's only showing there until Thursday. The wife and I will be seeing it tonight... :handgestures-thumbup:

True Detective,

Matthew McConaughey (a bitch to spell his name) and woody harrelson are louisiana PD or detectives. Great great television series. Absolutely amazing pacing, character development and build up. I love this series, great great show. Too bad i dont have HBO. Definitely a solid rental (3 disc, total of about 8 episodes an hour each)

Transcendence

Johnny depp plays this one very well, but its not entirely his movie. Thats the beauty of it, it was Rebecca Hall in her element. Definitely not what i expected, but a great movie, a love story in sci fi so to speak, but definitely a worthwhile of your time. There are some questions left to be answered (mostly the ending), but we can probably persue that later on.

I try not to buy movies anymore, but man, i look forward to True Detective season two (altho i cant really see it as well laid out as the first one).

Holy Shit, GotG was awesome! Great mix of humor and action. I'll need to see how it stands up to multiple viewings but I think it might be better than The Avengers...

Watched The Expendables 3 (I know it's not out yet don't ask). I rather enjoyed it (more than the second one but the original is still the best. This story was really split in two with Stallone trying out a younger team rather than the original while a nice concept you see these movies for the big name stars and not a bunch of young who the hell are they actors. Loads of action and missing a few of the original cast members. Overall a mindless full of action Saturday movie. Mel Gibson was great as the villain (kinda played into his persona non grata that he's been portrayed in real life).

Also loved Wesley Snipes in this movie and he had some great one liners. Especially his line when asked where he's been the last few years.

Went with the family to see Guardians yesterday, and was not disappointed. Chris Pratt was cast perfect, although he still needs to polish his acting a little, but the movie was very entertaining. Zoe Saldana was not hard to look at, and they definitely showcased her posterior more than once. I know nothing of comic from which this originates, so I don't know how true they stayed to the story line.

Zing said:
20-feet-from-stardom-blu-ray.jpg

Wow! Just wow.

6 stars out of 5.

Ok just finished watching this, thanks Zing for the recommendation - enjoyed it very much! Good music, a side of things I knew nothing about, and some thought provoking comments by a number of artists.

And looking at the cover image just now, I think it's odd how they say "featuring ... " and list a bunch of famous stars; true they appear on the video but not really in a featured way; in fact the whole point is to show people who aren't usually featured. I wonder if that's deliberate irony, or just clueless marketing decisions?

Lone Survivor

lone+survivor+norway.png

I would say this one is little above average military action movie. I've seen better and worse. Based on actual event, it depicts combat actions quite graphically. If you like this genre, you will like this movie. If you are neutral about this genre, this can be a decent R rated action movie. If you don't like this genre, skip it.

3 stars out of 5 from me.

Back