• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

91nPLihxWYL._SL1500_.jpg

OCEAN'S 8.....................MEH.

Was there a sequel to Sin City?

I think you are being generous on a Million Ways. I'm usually a Seth fan, but that movie just seemed flat to some of the other stuff he has done.

Watched Alien Covenant yesterday after watching Prometheus last week, both 4K black Friday deals. I liked Prometheus more because it was more story than gore. I'm still a little confused on the time line. So David created the creatures we see in the first Alien movies? Is that right? We were created by the giants who in turn created a virus to wipe us out, but then David decides to take both of us out?

Also started watching Mowlgi on Netflix, which looked really interesting, although darker than I remember, but we didn't get a chance to finish it. It says HDR, but it never got better than 1080 for me.

Huey

I am probably wrong but I thought the "aliens" were created by the giants to wipe "us" out, ie they were the virus. I'll have to go back and rewatch.

Regarding Mowgli, the movie has floated areoudn for a couple years but never got distribution until Netflix but because it ws considered too dark a story.. I have read severeal reviews that suggest it not be watdhed by young children.

Huey

I am probably wrong but I thought the "aliens" were created by the giants to wipe "us" out, ie they were the virus. I'll have to go back and rewatch.

Regarding Mowgli, the movie has floated areoudn for a couple years but never got distribution until Netflix but because it ws considered too dark a story.. I have read severeal reviews that suggest it not be watdhed by young children.
I think they created a virus which could morph into something else, but it was David that perfected the creatures I believe. He said he had been waiting for something to finish the project, humans I'm guessing.

Mowgli definitely has darker tones, but looked very interesting. I see it was directed by Andy Serkis, the guy who played Gollum as well as bunch of other stuff.

Huey

I wanted to know for sure, so I looked up the Wiki article on the movies, and they are both prequels to the 70's Alien movies. So the monster we see in the 70's movies is a creation of David's.

Over the last couple of days we watched:
  • Unbreakable - Was on TV and there were ads for the upcoming sequel Glass
  • Bumblebee - Wife really wanted to see it, not too bad
  • Split - Had to do it after watching Unbreakable
  • Aquaman - I preferred Bumblebee
  • Blindspotting - Really good
  • The Nice Guys - Enjoyed this one a lot

Back