• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Been on a 50's/60's kick for the last few weeks...

D

Attachments

• American Graffiti.jpg
    American Graffiti.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 560
  • American_Hot_Wax.jpg
    American_Hot_Wax.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 560
I didn't realize until watching it again a couple years ago that both Speilberg and Lucas were involved with American Graffiti!

Botch said:
I didn't realize until watching it again a couple years ago that both Speilberg and Lucas were involved with American Graffiti!
I have a BD copy that after 6 months has yet to be unwrapped.

Might be a good night to break it out.

Botch said:

I on the other hand totally forgot they both were working on Indiana jones! hehehe.

Watched Hugo recently on blu-ray...

hugo-movie-poster-2011-1020734782.jpg

aside from Tintin, ive rarely had the chance to enjoy a truly original movie, great storytelling, and superb acting as much as this movie has.

Definitely happy i bought this a while back, well worth the money, and brings back good memories of Sir Ben Kingsley as a superb talent.

you HAVE to watch this movie.

^ Hugo is an absolutely SUPERB movie...It's a slow-paced movie that almost has two story arcs in it, but I never grow tired of it.

glad to know im not the only one who appreciated that movie.

one thing tho i hate to mention is
1. the girl looks like a boy to me. i cant remember who she reminds me of.
2. the main protagonist, hugo, also looks like a girl to me. i dunno...

anyways,

its a great well structured story. THIS is what captivates me. theres a good amount of escalation, character development, and a lot of detail you dont just see, but FEEL. it almost reminds me of a younger tim burton storytelling, with live actors.

i missed out a feel on some of the characters in the station (the cafe owner, the newspaper gentleman, the librarian) but it was subtle enough for me to satisfy the palate.

Sorry for the quick rambling, i just loved the movie. im returning Tintin to my sister, but by no circumstances am i returning Hugo to her this week. :happy-smileygiantred:

jomari said:
glad to know im not the only one who appreciated that movie.

one thing tho i hate to mention is
1. the girl looks like a boy to me. i cant remember who she reminds me of.
2. the main protagonist, hugo, also looks like a girl to me. i dunno...

anyways,

its a great well structured story. THIS is what captivates me. theres a good amount of escalation, character development, and a lot of detail you dont just see, but FEEL. it almost reminds me of a younger tim burton storytelling, with live actors.

i missed out a feel on some of the characters in the station (the cafe owner, the newspaper gentleman, the librarian) but it was subtle enough for me to satisfy the palate.

Sorry for the quick rambling, i just loved the movie. im returning Tintin to my sister, but by no circumstances am i returning Hugo to her this week. :happy-smileygiantred:
There is a reason Scorsese is known as a master film maker. He knows how to get it done.

Not to be racists or anything, but duh Jomari, don't you know all of us Caucasians look alike to you guys? :eusa-whistle:

Huey said:
Not to be racists or anything, but duh Jomari, don't you know all of us Caucasians look alike to you guys? :eusa-whistle:

same this i heard about us asians look all the same too! :teasing-tease:

jomari said:
Huey said:

Believe me you don't. :happy-smileygiantred:

I can easily tell the difference between Tia Carrera and Asia Carrera. :happy-smileygiantred:

mzpro5 said:
jomari said:
Huey said:

Believe me you don't. :happy-smileygiantred:

some do, altho i admit i can tell who a korean is, a vietnamese, chinese, and even a taiwanese is.

not that i havent tasted all of it, but hey... :eek:bscene-buttred:

jomari said:
some do, altho i admit i can tell who a korean is, a vietnamese, chinese, and even a taiwanese is.

not that i havent tasted all of it, but hey... :eek:bscene-buttred:
I stand corrected you guys do all look very similar

16b07fcc.jpg

127021a8.jpg

MatthewB said:
I can easily tell the difference between Tia Carrera and Asia Carrera. :happy-smileygiantred:

You crack me up Matt!

Attachments

• tia_carrere.jpg
    tia_carrere.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,269
  • Asia_Carrera_951_thumb_585x795.jpg
    Asia_Carrera_951_thumb_585x795.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,269
Enjoyed this one at Bat's GTG..............picked it up yesterday at BB (using $5 DVD trade-in program) and watched it last night with the wife, this movie is a lot of fun!!

097361461441-06.jpg

jomari said:
Never saw The Patriot with Mel Gibson until the weekend,

thought it was pretty decent. its spot on when people called it braveheart 2.0...

not bad, but couldve been better. nonetheless a good flick to waste time on.

How about we were soldiers? good movie?

id love to see more civil war flicks, just because assassins creed is around the corner. :D

We Were Soldiers and Tears of the Sun both excellent IMO.

My favorite Civil War movie is still Gettysburg a tv mini series based off the book The Killer Angels. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend for its historical accuracy.

Mary+and+Max.jpg

Mary and Max

This is one of the most unusual movies I've seen. I was just browsing on netflix as the wife is watching endless olympic tennis and gymnastics and I'm just not that into it. Anyway, Mary and Max was (for some reason) in the comedy section that I was looking through, and the blurb sounded kinda different - a claymation movie based on a true story.

I'm very glad I watched it. Yeah it's about as polarly-opposite of the usual subwoofer-busting demo movies this crowd normally watches as it's possible to be, but it's very well done - both the story and the artistry of the production. If you've got netflix, this is well worth your time. I may even buy this one, although it's not exactly something one would normally watch over and over again.

Check it out if you want a change of pace.

Back