• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

^^ I was thinking of why, for me, despite amazing animation, this Pixar turn didn't do it for me as much as past films like Toy Story 3, Nemo, and Wall-E. and I think what was missing were the "winks" at the adults in the theater whether it was jokes that only adults would get or situations which only adults would find clever to keep them engaged more. This is why it came off to me like a Disney story wrapped in a Pixar animation package. Its was pretty much Pixar redoing Brother Bear and instead this one was Mother Bear. I still will hold the animation in the highest regard though...

Batman said:
^^ I was thinking of why, for me, despite amazing animation, this Pixar turn didn't do it for me as much as past films like Toy Story 3, Nemo, and Wall-E. and I think what was missing were the "winks" at the adults in the theater whether it was jokes that only adults would get or situations which only adults would find clever to keep them engaged more. This is why it came off to me like a Disney story wrapped in a Pixar animation package. Its was pretty much Pixar redoing Brother Bear and instead this one was Mother Bear. I still will hold the animation in the highest regard though...

now dont qutoe me on this, and im too busy at work to get to google...i think its because one of the holy trinity passed away... i think a producer or director...

Moonrise Kingdom

m2200688.jpg

I underestimated this movie. Very well made movie about 2 runaways in their early teens and their parents. Those of you who are parents, will like this movie even more. 4 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

^ 7.5 or an 8

Video quality was very good and so was the Audio.

Plot was typical for this type of movie.

There were a couple of scenes where both Barb and I jumped.

Check it out and let us know what you think.

1a6a19943ef44af1f4b9a15d839c7d8a.jpg

Lawrence of Arabia on BD

Finally all three great David Lean films are on BD, the other two being Bridge on the River Kwai and Dr. Zhivago.

This is the fourth iteration of this movie I now own and by far the best. Fantastic transfer to BD both PQ and SQ wise.

Highly recommended for fans of this movie.

Unlike me Petey says
148571be9e918db8e1e86c2b5f2eaf4e.jpg
too much sand.

I have it on DVD I may just pull the trigger on this as I truely enjoy that movie everytime I watch it.

mzpro5 said:
1a6a19943ef44af1f4b9a15d839c7d8a.jpg

Lawrence of Arabia on BD

Finally all three great David Lean films are on BD, the other two being Bridge on the River Kwai and Dr. Zhivago.

This is the fourth iteration of this movie I now own and by far the best. Fantastic transfer to BD both PQ and SQ wise.

Highly recommended for fans of this movie.

Unlike me Petey says
too much sand.

ive never seen it.

yup.

MatthewB said:
Mzpro I love Lawrence of Arabia just a classic.
Those three David Lean films come from a different era when a movie spectacle was just that.

I really like all three but being the revolutionary and romantic that I am Dr. Zhivago is my favorite.

Its not a Christmas movie but it may put you in the Christmas spirit.

Its just a great, great movie! Fast paced (some may sat too fast) with a creative story. Highly recommended for anyone with or without kids. The characters are interesting enough that I'll seek out the books that tell the story leading to this.

586752173171cd280956d449ba935858.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3OmoPtPp0I[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd71LWhCO4s[/youtube]

^^ saw it today, kids loved it. I loved its message but thought the story and delivery was a little weak. It definitely had some great moments though. Animation and 3D were both top notch. It's getting to the point where nearly all computer animation is insanely good and it becomes more of a preference of animation style or art direction which differentiates these films. I probably won't see this again til it is released on blu. It may be a purchase for my kids when it comes out. We'll see...

jomari said:
savages-logo.jpg

i had mixed feelings about this one, so i tried to just create a thread on it instead. great movie tho in certain aspects.

Saw this today. It was alright. Not spectacular.

Assumed it would be filled with dumb humor. It was.
It got a few more laughs out if me than I expected and kept my interest.

51di1EMrO5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Back