• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

No-L the action and acting were good but the story sucked big time. One man in search of his drugs. Big whup.

No-L said:
bourne-legacy-mrp1.jpg

Well done.
Unlike MatthewB, I was not disappointed.
Good action, good acting.
Rachel Weisz is hot, but she needs to quit crying so much. Lol

uh... is it out yet? or are there other channels? ;)

MatthewB said:
No-L the action and acting were good but the story sucked big time. One man in search of his drugs. Big whup.

I get it. At the end I kind of felt like the plot was lacking but when I think back on the plots of the others, there wasn't a whole lot in them either. But all in all, I have enjoyed them all.

51-FyO1b1fL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

We watched this last night, and WOW, probably the best movie we have seen in a long time......

^ No this was the American version.

Are the subtitles difficult to follow on the Swedish Version?

heeman said:

not really. given the fact you've seen the american version, this one could feel easier to follow.

i do suggest tho, some scenes are more graphic than usual.

heeman said:

The one I rented from Netflix has option of subtitle and English dubbed. BTW, Lisbeth Salander is played by Noomi Rapace (Dr. Shaw in Prometheus).

Batman said:
^^ Joms, I love Brotherhood of the Wolf!! One of my faves...I wish they'd release it in the US on BD already. If I had a region free BD player I could get it from the UK.
Not sure why but it's one of those that escaped my interest when it came out. After reading what you guys posted here, I decided to check it out. Nice! I didn't know anything about it other than some stick fight scenes I saw on TV when the trailer came out. It's much deeper than just actions. Anyway, I've seen other French movies and thought, eh... typical low budget European film... Well, not this one. :eek: Scenes are beautifully shot and audio is pretty darn good (DVD). It's got a good dynamic range, set volume for dialogue and the action scenes get fairly loud. Story is captivating as well.

Now, the gripes (possible spoiler).
How does an American Indian and a Frenchman (plus peasants in small town of southern France) become master Kung Fu fighters in 18th century? :confusion-scratchheadblue: Actor who played American Indian (Mark Dacascos) is a competition winning martial artist but to have the rest of fighters highly trained in Kung Fu is... well... un-French to say the least. :roll:

Still gets 3 stars out of 5 from me. It was entertaining, especially because a lots of Monica Bellucci was shown.

DIYer said:
How does an American Indian and a Frenchman (plus peasants in small town of southern France) become master Kung Fu fighters in 18th century? :confusion-scratchheadblue: Actor who played American Indian (Mark Dacascos) is a competition winning martial artist but to have the rest of fighters highly trained in Kung Fu is... well... un-French to say the least. :roll:

Still gets 3 stars out of 5 from me. It was entertaining, especially because a lots of Monica Bellucci was shown.

It has been a while science I've seen it and I am no expert in martial arts identification but I think that they were supposed to be fighting with the French martial art Savate and not Kung Fu.

DIYer said:
mzpro5 said:
It has been a while science I've seen it and I am no expert in martial arts identification but I think that they were supposed to be fighting with the French martial art Savate and not Kung Fu.
This movie is supposed to take place just before French Revolution (1789–1799). Savate is said to be developed post French Revolution, mostly in early 19th century. http://www.onlineonair.com/savate/aboutus.html

that would also put the idea that decascos family was killed during the revolution in question as well.

for what its worth, it was a great movie, despite some mind boggling moments.

quick spoiler,

i wonder what kinda witch monica belucci was too, considering the church was the enemy and yet she worked with them? or was she just a harem so to speak?

jomari said:
i wonder what kinda witch monica belucci was too,
The HOT kind!!! :drool:
considering the church was ................... or was she ....................?
It requires multiple viewing. That's a sign of complexity in a movie which is a good feature IMO.

DIYer said:
jomari said:
i wonder what kinda witch monica belucci was too,
The HOT kind!!! :drool:
considering the church was ................... or was she ....................?
It requires multiple viewing. That's a sign of complexity in a movie which is a good feature IMO.

That, my friend is why i love foreign flicks. the disadvantage tho on our end is that we cant really 'understand' certain scenes unless we are in a way connected to them by history or by culture.

Great example is.... Sympathy for Lady Vengeance.

When she comes out of prision, the first gift given to her was a tofu cake. plain ol square tofu cake, about 6 inches by 4, presented on a white plate.

for most this means nothing, and would spark a question as to why of all things right?

Simple. Once you get out of jail the person presenting you the tofu cake is giving you the gift of 'new life'. Tofu is considered a symbol of simplicity, plain and new. Thus getting out of prision you get the opportunity to stay in society with a newfound outlook.

Back