• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

This one is EXACTLY how you think it's gonna be! Lol
Lots of explosions, gratuitous violence, and bad one-liners.
AWESOME!!!

The_Expendables_2_17.jpg

Towen7 said:
Its not a Christmas movie but it may put you in the Christmas spirit.

Its just a great, great movie! Fast paced (some may sat too fast) with a creative story. Highly recommended for anyone with or without kids. The characters are interesting enough that I'll seek out the books that tell the story leading to this.

586752173171cd280956d449ba935858.jpg

]

I heard an extensive interview with William Joyce the author of the books the film is based on. He was also heavily involved in the movie.

After hearing the interview I decided I have to see the movie and must read the books even though they were written for children.

He has an amazing imagination. You guys with kids really should get some of the books. Each book deals with the origin of childhood figures such as Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Sandman and others

No-L said:
This one is EXACTLY how you think it's gonna be! Lol
Lots of explosions, gratuitous violence, and bad one-liners.
AWESOME!!!

The_Expendables_2_17.jpg

Expendables 2

You got it No-L.

This was a fun movie! The gang is back with a few more aging action movie stars thrown in. Explosions, shooting, fun dialogue, more explosions and for sure it won't win any Oscars but that's not what you expect in a flick like this.

I liked it better than the first and will be buying when I find it at the right price.

Good popcorn action fun.

And Petey gives it ('cause he says "they blow lots of shit up")
148571be9e918db8e1e86c2b5f2eaf4e.jpg

(Did I mention Chuck Norris?)

I enjoyed Dark Shadows, but mainly because I'm a big Depp fan, not so much because of the story. I didn't think it was all THAT bad though...

Just watched Bourne Legacy and was very disappointed. Nothing like the Bourne movies at all and I like Jeremy Rennor as an actor. The whole movie was about another agent looking to score his drugs to keep him at prime level. Was rather dumb and not worth watching while I loved the Matt Damon Bourne series.

Also watched Resident Evil 5 and although Milla is smoking hot I feel the RE movies is just rehashing the same thing once again with nothing new introduced. Both these movies are not out yet but save your money. Bourne a rental at best and even that's debatable. RE not even worth a rental.

c1554659782b54a2643a518fedff5c74.jpg

304ec54f7ab4fcf5135f0ce5877ebd8b.jpg

Watched both Lawless and Savages lately. The both deal with purveyors of illegal substances fighting to keep their "independence".

Regarding Lawless, when is Hollywood going to realize that Shia Labeouf is a terrible "actor" and detracts from any movie he is in. Based on true events about three brothers that were moonshiners in the '30s. The book it was based on was written by a direct descendant of the three brothers.

The movie itself was a bit of a waste. No more than 2.5 out of 5

On the other hand I really like Savages. I posted a more detailed review in the dedicated thread.

wanted to see this because of tom hardy, oldman and pierce.

shia was good in ONE movie.

The greatest game every played or something like that. the golf one.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up.

My sister said i should rent MIB3 first, but im a big MIB fan (first one of course), i didnt care much for MIB2,

anyones thoughts?

I plan to rent expendables 2 this weekend.

Even worse than I expected from the trailers!!
But totally worth suffering through the ridiculousness to see Jessica Alba for a couple hours!!

machete-movie-poster2.jpg

GOOD STUFF!!!!
I expected to have a glass of wine ready for this cheese, but turns out it was a pretty bad ass movie!

the_new_ateam.jpg

No-L said:
Even worse than I expected from the trailers!!
But totally worth suffering through the ridiculousness to see Jessica Alba for a couple hours!!

machete-movie-poster2.jpg
Hey this was great. In fact any movie with Danny Trejo is great.

No-L said:
GOOD STUFF!!!!
I expected to have a glass of wine ready for this cheese, but turns out it was a pretty bad ass movie!

the_new_ateam.jpg

to be quite honest, its one of my guilty pleasures, a great action flick with some good surround usage. definitely feel the cheeze behind your ears!

No-L said:
Not bad. Not my kind of flick, but not bad at all.

220px-Unstoppable_Poster.jpg

i love trains. this is a great train movie. :happy-smileygiantred: the story was okay as well.

Finally got around to watching the new Spiderman. I enjoyed it a lot, and thought Garfield was a much better fit than McGuire. Good effects, and I loved the "spidey POV" scenes!

bourne-legacy-mrp1.jpg

Well done.
Unlike MatthewB, I was not disappointed.
Good action, good acting.
Rachel Weisz is hot, but she needs to quit crying so much. Lol

Back