• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

sorry, i guess what im saying is that some things get lost in translation, both in language and in cultural differences.

anyways, im watching 'bronson' right now on netflix streaming, with tom hardy (bane in batman), and loving it. reminds me of clockwork orange.

jomari said:
sorry, i guess what im saying is that some things get lost in translation, both in language and in cultural differences.
Yes, I understand. Your description of Sympathy for Lady Vengeance was deep. :eusa-clap:

DIYer said:
jomari said:
Yes, I understand. Your description of Sympathy for Lady Vengeance was deep. :eusa-clap:

Thank you.

mzpro5 said:
Pardon my ignorance that causes me to take a movie as entertainment and not get hung up such things.
Just posting here to entertain myself... It's cold and grey outside, got a big deadline coming up on Monday which will keep me at the (home) desk all weekend long ... and... ... you get the picture. :eusa-whistle:

has anyone seen expendables 2?

i was hoping to see it just because.

got sucked into expendables the first one, wasnt a big fan, but just thought i HAD to see the second one.

worth my $3.99 rental?

^ I saw it. Good for shooting action. Other than that... some one liner for giggles. If it's $1 rental, yes. Any higher, no, unless you are a big Stallone fan.

jomari said:

got sucked into expendables the first one, wasnt a big fan, but just thought i HAD to see the second one.

worth my $3.99 rental?
I thought it was very good for what it was meant to be - action filled, check your brain at the door popcorn movie with thin plot but no one expects Oscar material from these guys.

Better than the 1st one, lots of fun back and forth with the old guys. I kept thinking while watching it these guys really had fun making it.

Plus Chuck Norris.

Towen7 said:
$3.99?!?!?!

Is there no RedBox near by?

Deep in the heart of silicon valley, unfortunately, not many. well, if ever, there are some in east san jose, and then you get jacked.

DIYer said:
^ I saw it. Good for shooting action. Other than that... some one liner for giggles. If it's $1 rental, yes. Any higher, no, unless you are a big Stallone fan.

okay. thanks for the confirmation folks, will probably have to wait till they stream this. im SURE they will in a couple or two.

for the weekend, will stick with southland and MIB 3. :happy-smileygiantred:

TDKR - second time for me, first for the wife. Great! Wow they really bumped Bane's voice track, through most of the movie it sounded like he was shouting above everyone else (who really were also shouting much of the time). Great movie, again. Too bad the kids were in bed and I couldn't really exercise the HT audio fully...

jomari said:

worth my $3.99 rental?

Saw it last weekend. See previous page of this thread!
It was great fun for what it is! A bunch of big names, silly one-liners, and gratuitous action scenes. Not to mention violence and explosions. Awesome!!

sorry No-L, i remembered your comment afterwards.

will do a rental instead via netflix, no rush will wait it out.

MIB3?

forwarning: i am a big fan of MIB, but threw up with MIB2.

THIS one definitely was a good one. a different angle, but man, it definitely got itself some credibility. i didnt buy it, but would have if i had seen it in the theater.

well worth my time.

TDKR gave my mid bass subs a workout wonderful soundtrack and unlike the IMAX experience at the GTG I wasn't always asking what Bane said. Late last night I wanted to demo the Ultraviolet copy with my headphones and Banes voice was very easily understood via headphones.

Also saw Finding Nemo on blu. PQ was already good on DVD but the blu was incredible and noticed the "Darla" scene had far tighter bass than my DVD copy. A must buy.

I finally got to watch TDKR this afternoon, had not seen it before.

Mixed thoughts right now. I had part way figured out one of the twists fairly early in the film. Not the specifics but I thought "there's the rat" . The conclusion was a bit formulaic but still enjoyable.

I will watch it again soon but at this point still feel TDK was the best of the three.

Got to use the theater today for the first time since we brought Dexter home...Of course I watched TDKR!! Awesome as ever but even better in my own home with the system pumping out the amazing soundtrack and musical score. I doubt I need to tell anyone how I feel about the movie. :laughing-lettersrofl:

Batman said:
Got to use the theater today for the first time since we brought Dexter home...Of course I watched TDKR!! Awesome as ever but even better in my own home with the system pumping out the amazing soundtrack and musical score. I doubt I need to tell anyone how I feel about the movie. :laughing-lettersrofl:

so, is it a rental or a must buy? :happy-smileygiantred:

i still havent got my copy yet, which my sister will buy for me.

btw, do you have anymore for sale bats?

Batman said:
^^ No I was able to sell all my extra copies Joms... :text-imsorry:

i wouldnt be surprised, oh well, i had to try right?

you'd have to show us your batman collection tho sometime...

Back