• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

MIB3
51lEA471aAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Good one! Better than MIB2. Better than 1st? I'll have to say no. I was entertained. It's got a good complexity in plot.

Now the rant, unrelated one:

What the hell happened to Tommy Lee Jones' face? :eek: I mean his present face. High def format isn't favoring towards him but man o man, this guy's age is really showing! I guess he doesn't go for enhancements like so many Hollywood-ers do. Geez o man, I started to feel sorry for him at the beginning of this movie.

Anyway, 3.5 stars out of 5 from me. Good rental and for those who are fans, definite buy.

DIYer said:
MIB3
51lEA471aAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Good one! Better than MIB2. Better than 1st? I'll have to say no. I was entertained. It's got a good complexity in plot.

i definitely agree on this one, i think that we have to disregard mib2 tho in retrospect. :happy-smileygiantred: i guess they just wanted to bring some money in the bag despite the poor storyline. it was entertaining, but nothing close to the first one. (mib2)

despite transparent moments, there were times i definitely agree that there is more depth to be found here despite it being an 'action/comedy' flick. (mib3)

Now the rant, unrelated one:

What the hell happened to Tommy Lee Jones' face? :eek: I mean his present face. High def format isn't favoring towards him but man o man, this guy's age is really showing! I guess he doesn't go for enhancements like so many Hollywood-ers do. Geez o man, I started to feel sorry for him at the beginning of this movie.

Anyway, 3.5 stars out of 5 from me. Good rental and for those who are fans, definite buy.

hahaha! we talked about that too! i hope and pray tho, please please please do NOT go the botox route, or the kenny loggins kenny rogers route. that would be a big no no. man, growing old with some dignity and age is way better than trying to be 'cool'.

5107zQxUBML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

We watched this for the first time at home.

I saw it with the gang in Philly and then Barb and I saw it on IMAX in Corpus Christi.

What a great movie. :bow-blue: :music-rockout: :bow-blue:

Joms sent me "End of watch" and have to say it is a sad state of affairs that L.A. Streets have come to this. It was ironic watching this as last night I watched a documentary on gang violence in Oakland. Seriously good people terrified to leave their own homes is just sad. Anyway the movie was very powerful and showed just how outgunned our police are.

11166427_det.jpg

I read some magazine review that really raved about this, a combo claymation/CGI comedy; got it for <$10 on an Amazon sale.
It stunk. I got about 15, 20 minutes into it and turned it off. Audio was meh, picture quality stunk, humor was on the level of my own puns, ugh.

I'll bring my copy to the next GTG, opening bid $0.50...

Fracture
51Qgp8gpIzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Good mystery / crime movie. It's about a detective who was engaged in a secret extramarital affair and someone dies. Then the secret affair gets blown in a very twisted and yet calculated way. Thick plot with good acting. Rosamund Pike looks better than ever!

If you are into this genre, I'd highly recommend this movie. 4 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbup:

Great old Christmas flick that I've never seen before.

I'm putting the into the regular Christmas movie rotation.

ae760b6bc495e23b245e10923eaf05e6.jpg

Towen7 said:

This is a delightful old movie. They adapted a stage play from this movie called "She Loves Me". I performed in it about five years ago at a local theater. Good story line.

No-L said:
Towen7 said:

This is a delightful old movie. They adapted a stage play from this movie called "She Loves Me". I performed in it about five years ago at a local theater. Good story line.

And if I am not mistaken the Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan movie "You've got Mail" was based on that film.

Yep.

Quick trivia qiestion... What is the name of the store where Meg Ryan's character works in "You've Got Mail"?

Answer... The Shop Around the Corner.

170c0770d2658e969a2d9c5897b407b7.jpg

Towen7 said:
Yep.

Quick trivia qiestion... What is the name of the store where Meg Ryan's character works in "You've Got Mail"?

Answer... The Shop Around the Corner.

To paraphrase Dr. Sheldon Cooper - "That's not fair! First you ask a question implying you want me to answer it but then say the answer without giving me time to do so."

By no means a GREAT film, IMO, but I have to say it got some BIG, BELLY-BUSTING LAUGHS out of me!

Ted-Movie.jpg

THUNDER BUDDIES!!!!
F$@k you, thunder. You're a d#ck!

No-L said:
By no means a GREAT film, IMO, but I have to say it got some BIG, BELLY-BUSTING LAUGHS out of me!

Ted-Movie.jpg

THUNDER BUDDIES!!!!

My undying love for Mila Kunis is the only reason I have even considered watching it.

mzpro5 said:
No-L said:

Ted-Movie.jpg

THUNDER BUDDIES!!!!

My undying love for Mila Kunis is the only reason I have even considered watching it.
C'mon MZ! Ted is better than Battleship and The Expendables 2 combined... :teasing-tease:

^^ :scared-eek:

I think you should put some more thought into that review... :laughing-lettersrofl:

Back