• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Ok. It was well done. Well scripted, well acted. Great special effects. Great adaptation of the original!!
My kind of movie. I LOVED IT!!!

:teasing-neener:

Only redeeming part of Total Recall was the three boobied hooker if they took out the one main chase out of that entire movie all you'd have left is well the three boobied hooker. I kept waiting for the story, decent acting, dialog, plot points I mean anything other than a chase scene that was all too briefly interrupted by that three boobied hooker. Lets see how many stars would I give it. I'd give it a planatary nebulae at the end of its light cycle.

Huh. I must have been on some twisted drugs yesterday. Cuz as much as I like boobies, the triple-titted floosie did nothing for me. It was a bit of gratuitous nudity that didn't fit in with the rest of the movie. I'll take either (or both) leading ladies fully clothed anyday.

Then again...I like Tom Jones...and LOLcats...so y'all can take my movie reviews with a grain of salt.
:eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

No-L said:
Huh. I must have been on some twisted drugs yesterday. Cuz as much as I like boobies, the triple-titted floosie did nothing for me. It was a bit of gratuitous nudity that didn't fit in with the rest of the movie. I'll take either (or both) leading ladies fully clothed anyday.

Then again...I like Tom Jones...and LOLcats...so y'all can take my movie reviews with a grain of salt.
:eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:
This! :text-+1:

Otherwise the ~2hr long chase-scene of a movie did absolutely nothing for me. To me the movie was cashing in on a remake of an average or below movie with a cult following, by updating it technologically and tweaking the story. IMO it was worse than the first and not even rental worthy. :handgestures-thumbdown: :handgestures-thumbdown:

And IMO the original was ALL cheese (Velveeta, not Brie) and this one they actually made it into a cool movie minus the generic brand American singles!

For sure the original was "all cheese" but I'm not sure that without the original, the remake is even decipherable. I'm mostly just busting your chops. It amuses me how broad the spectrum is of who likes what :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

still hated the movie though

^^^True that.
I also rarely get around to going to a theater and I would be willing to bet that my opinions of most movies would be different with a theater experience.

MatthewB said:
I saw Total Recall for free and I still felt cheated.

man, this wasnt that bad. not really, THAT bad. bad but not too bad. okay. i think just seeing kate b. sitting on the bed showing off her curves is well worth it. of course, i rewinded (is there such a word rewound, past tense of rewind)... anyways, i didnt 'hear' what he said. :happy-smileygiantred:

anyways, you know whats really bad?

image says it all...

cULxs.jpg

yeah, zombies using guns....

nice.

i paid 4 bucks. i couldve used that 4 bucks to screw myself with.

jomari said:
image says it all...

Yeah, image does say a lot. Motorcycle throttle is on the right side. That zombie is holding a chainsaw (not a gun) with right hand and that thing is cruising. :roll: Unless they (zombies) also figured out how to modify motorcycles... :think:

MatthewB said:
Saw it yesterday. Meh... :(
It's got some cool future tech but the overall plot was not as good as Ahnaud's version, IMO. 3 stars out of 5 from me.

Spoiler alert:
I would rather believe Mars colony more than traveling through earths' core. :roll:

DIYer said:
jomari said:
image says it all...

Yeah, image does say a lot. Motorcycle throttle is on the right side. That zombie is holding a chainsaw (not a gun) with right hand and that thing is cruising. :roll: Unless they (zombies) also figured out how to modify motorcycles... :think:

i wouldnt be surprised if they did have some modify those bikes for em. essentially, they can think. they can shoot guns, they can reload them (of course in this movie you rarely see reloads), and they can drive a motorcycle, a car, send an rpg out in the right direction etc...

DIYer said:
MatthewB said:
Saw it yesterday. Meh... :(
It's got some cool future tech but the overall plot was not as good as Ahnaud's version, IMO. 3 stars out of 5 from me.

Spoiler alert:
I would rather believe Mars colony more than traveling through earths' core. :roll:

i didnt quite get that one either, i was hoping for a mars reference, but i guess it was plain jane earth the whole time. or at least realistically have em go to the moon or something.

Not too shabby. :handgestures-thumbup:

The animation was stunning, the sound was superb and the movie as a whole was, well, not too shabby.

A-Christmas-Carol-Four-Disc-Blu-ray-Combo-Pack.jpg

headhunters :

swede movie, pretty good, storyline decent, but at times loses itself. its difficult to say that it worked well.

its got that 'i didnt mean to do that, but i did that because it worked, and it fit perfectly' kinda feel. like oceans eleven without 'thinking' about what they were doing, despite showing it was by chance.

not bad but a good stream.

heeman said:
Saw it on blu-ray. Good! I would say it's better than TDK. I just didn't realize it's 2 hours and 45 minutes long. :shock: Lots of good audio. I liked the twists and turns, no, not the flying bat (chopper) but the story. I find it hard to believe that a propeller powered flying transport can outrun and turn the rockets. :roll: If it was jet powered with afterburner then maybe.

I think this movie could have been little shorter but I'm novice when it comes to comic book stories so what do I know... I may have liked it more if I wasn't as tired when I watched it. To me, it deserves a second viewing which I will in a few days (to follow the story better). 3.5 out of 5 stars from me upon first viewing.

One nagging question as a comic book illiterate, how does Bane eat food? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Saw Bourne Legacy last night. Picked it up at BB for $14.

Really liked the film overall, but the final car/motorcycle chase was a bit over the top... lol.

D

Attachments

• bourne legacy.jpg
    bourne legacy.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 514
Saw Wreck It Ralph a couple of days ago. Fun movie and the cameos by a bunch of old school video game characters was neat.

378b1afc861bcd00c11c84da86ad2665.jpg

We just watched the Avengers on Christmas and Star Wars IV on the day after. Avengers (of course) was absolutely amazing. So much so that when we watched the Stars Wars my kids got board and went to go play air hockey.

Back