• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

End of Watch
51zG1Vt-cnL._SX500_.jpg

It could have been better but no. I thought it was an action flick with some big conspiracy by gov. being uncovered by local cops. Unfortunately, the story is much smaller than that. The problem (IMO) with this movie is that it doesn't know what it wants to be, action, crime/suspense or just drama. It could have edited out about 10 minutes and made the pace little more tolerable. Plus, there isn't anything innovative, it's all been done before, plot, action, shaky cam...etc.

2 stars out of 5 from me. :(

^^^Huh. I guess I see your point. I really enjoyed it though. I, too, kept expecting "something" to happen. But I finally realized it was more of "A Day In The Life" sort of look at how a big city cop lives. And it seemed realistic and horrifying. God bless the police! (You know, the non-crooked hard-working ones!)

^ There were couple good actions but very short. My rating of this movie is in its entirety as a finished package.

i felt it was sort of like an episode of southland, which i appreciate a LOT more with bull in the lead.

51ErBy-X4rL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Watched this last night. Barb and I thought that it was really good. Had no idea he was a Marvel Comic Book character??

Netflix last night and watched "Fire with Fire" with Bruce Willis, Josh Dumahl (sp) , Vincent D'onfrio and Rosario Dawson. Story about a firefighter (Dumahl) who goes into witness protection after witnessing D'onfrio kill two people. Willis plays the cop investigating and Dawson the agent assigned to protect Dumahl. Story was rather good, acting was good and a lot of action. Although the ending was lackluster until then it was a good movie and worthy of a watch.

Oh and No-L you get to see a nice shower scene with Dumahl so keep a extra pair of panties handy. :teasing-neener:

Netflixed this one last night, just browsing around their recommendations for me. Sounded interesting, so gave it a try.

images

Pretty good! Guess she's a well-known (to anyone but me) MMA fighter, so the fight scenes were pretty good. I liked the filming and overall "feel" of the movie, had a little bit of a Tarantino quality to it, kind of on the artistic side for this genre. I thought it was well done. The plot was definitely so-so, but that really wasn't the point of the movie I guess.

PaulyT said:
The plot was definitely so-so, but that really wasn't the point of the movie I guess.
That seems to be common these days. There must be shrinkage in writer's talent.
Guess she's a well-known (to anyone but me) MMA fighter
Have you seen female MMA? It's worse than watching women boxing. :handgestures-thumbdown:

MatthewB said:
Netflix last night and watched "Fire with Fire" with Bruce Willis, Josh Dumahl (sp) , Vincent D'onfrio and Rosario Dawson. Story about a firefighter (Dumahl) who goes into witness protection after witnessing D'onfrio kill two people. Willis plays the cop investigating and Dawson the agent assigned to protect Dumahl. Story was rather good, acting was good and a lot of action. Although the ending was lackluster until then it was a good movie and worthy of a watch.

Oh and No-L you get to see a nice shower scene with Dumahl so keep a extra pair of panties handy. :teasing-neener:

Saw it. LOVED IT!!!

Watched Super 8 yesterday on Netflix. Overall a decent movie, but I hope that JJ doesn't use the light flare effect when it comes to the new Star Wars. It got old after awhile. You could tell Spielberg had a lot to do with this film, as it's hard not to compare to the Goonies or ET, but it just didn't have that feel good feeling about it. It was an ok movie, but for me, a rental at best.

Please, for the love if god, leave the lens flares out of Star Wars JJ Abrams!!!

Enemy of the State
51QR8SZKK7L._SY300_.jpg

Good action / crime / mystery movie. It's about "Big Brother" watching us and how it may spread further into our lives. It came out in 1998 and for some reason I completely missed it. Plus, I'm impressed at how far ahead of time this movie was 15 years ago. The Bourne Legacy (2012) has many scenes (tracking & monitoring actions) that are pretty much a copy of this movie. :shock:

The pace is very good and 2 hrs 12 min went by quickly. 4 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

PS. Those of you cat lovers, there is a cat in this movie. :)

absolutely one of my favorite movies. im glad that this also 'dedicated' a bit to 'the conversation' by gene hackman.

i cannot keep on enjoying this well made movie that will last for centuries.

DIYer said:
Enemy of the State
51QR8SZKK7L._SY300_.jpg

Good action / crime / mystery movie. It's about "Big Brother" watching us and how it may spread further into our lives. It came out in 1998 and for some reason I completely missed it. Plus, I'm impressed at how far ahead of time this movie was 15 years ago. The Bourne Legacy (2012) has many scenes (tracking & monitoring actions) that are pretty much a copy of this movie. :shock:

The pace is very good and 2 hrs 12 min went by quickly. 4 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

PS. Those of you cat lovers, there is a cat in this movie. :)

Watched this with my older daughter yesterday, we both enjoyed it. Ok yeah it's got some serious 80's cheeze factor, but still an entertaining movie, at least when you factor in nostalgia.

last-starfighter.jpg

Saw this (not with the kids ;) ) a few days ago, enjoyed it very much! Ok maybe the plot was a little weak in some places, but it was cool and I dig Bruce and overall it was an original enough idea to be interesting. Kinda under-acted in a way, to me, but assuming that was intentional, I thought it was well done.

looper2d.jpg

Pauly your second picture didn't come up so gonna assume you watched this.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 849
:laughing:

No, the movie was Looper... dunno why the pic doesn't show for you, works for me. Trying a different one:

looper-sept27.jpg

Back