• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

MatthewB said:
Again Pauly no picture shows up so gonna assume you were watching this.

Dammit... dunno why. shows fine for me. Anyway, it was Madagascar 3. Not Matt's movie (though that one looks hilarious too!).

PaulyT said:
MatthewB said:
Again Pauly no picture shows up so gonna assume you were watching this.

Dammit... dunno why. shows fine for me. Anyway, it was Madagascar 3. Not Matt's movie (though that one looks hilarious too!).

Thank God, I thought that you were referencing Skyfall......

Because I thought the image of the naked chick on the bike might be a tad much as this part of the forum is work safe. But agree the names were hilarious but changed the poster to something work safe but still funny.

2 excellent movies in one week!
Argo & Zero Dark Thirty

51yMhER6kGL._SY300_.jpg
51EnaMoib6L._SY300_.jpg

What a treat!!! Both are very good. Very suspenseful, captivating and long (2 & 2.5 hours) but not noticeable which is a good sign. Well edited and put together. I wish more movies are like these. If I have to choose only one, I'll pick Zero Dark Thirty because I like the military action. For those who prefer the sheer suspense, I think they will pick Argo.

Both get 4 stars out of 5 from me. :bow-yellow:

^ I watched ZDT 2 nights ago and really, really liked it also...4.5/5 for me :handgestures-thumbup:

51VxfF2vXLL.jpg

Well what can I say...................................... :?:

Definitely entertaining to say the least!

heeman said:
Well what can I say...................................... :?:

Definitely entertaining to say the least!

felt like a flippin mtv back in the 90's. not a bad flick, but made me hate the warden so much more nowadays, i cringe when i see him.

it was a nice movie, but heavy on the icing imo.

watched tomb raider, waiting for the second one in the mail.

man, did they do a boob job on her to make her resemble tomb raider, or is it all natural? if im not mistaken they just 'oversized' her bra or something.

DIYer said:
jomari said:
if im not mistaken they just 'oversized' her bra or something.
"push up" bra.

i think they werent push up bras because it looked bigger. the bra i mean, not her breast. there were scenes i could tell it was unmistakably 'hers', others, especially when she was in white and the silver costume, it was too big for her size.

jomari said:
i think they werent push up bras because it looked bigger. the bra i mean, not her breast. there were scenes i could tell it was unmistakably 'hers', others, especially when she was in white and the silver costume, it was too big for her size.
I think you are focusing too much on her upper body. :naughty: Although, AJ isn't known for her booty.

It's probably a combination of stuffing/push up bra, lighting and CGI.
http://thepunkeffect.com/wp-content/upl ... 24x768.jpg
http://angelina-place.com/photo/albums/ ... oot-01.jpg
http://www.famemeasurements.com/2010/12 ... ments.html

This is something beautiful, visualy exiciting, auraly stimulating, and strange, at the same time.

The second part has the Beatles, Love soundtrack.

220px-Cirque_du_Soleil_Worlds_Away_poster.jpg

Lincoln

41EEfrhCbhL._SY300_.jpg

Good but little long (2.5 hrs.) and it's not an action movie so the length was felt little bit. Daniel Day-Lewis acting is top notch and I can see why he won the best actor Oscar. It's educational and it's a safe bet that it will be a classic.

3.5 stars out of 5 from me.

DIYer said:
Lincoln

41EEfrhCbhL._SY300_.jpg

Good but little long (2.5 hrs.) and it's not an action movie so the length was felt little bit. Daniel Day-Lewis acting is top notch and I can see why he won the best actor Oscar. It's educational and it's a safe bet that it will be a classic.

3.5 stars out of 5 from me.

as much of a lincoln fan that i am, sadly, i am not as educated with his main accomplishments. i guess my question is, should i read mostly his bibliography more to appreciate this movie?

i wish i had american history.

Jomari, the movie is definately worth seeing without having to read anything. By all accounts its a pretty accurate representation of his life and times. If you're not a big history buff the movie would make a great primer to any biographies you may want to read later.

Watched three movies while I was recovering in bed. First was "Cloud Atlas" with Tom Hanks. This movie was so bizarre and hard to figure out that halfway through I shut it off. Just too bizarre a story to follow. It's takes a certain kinda of stupidity in story telling to get me to shut off a film but boy was this one fit the criteria.

Next was "Dredd", yes a stupid movie but excessive violence so I was hooked. Not sure if the actor who played Dredd was channeling Stallone it sure seemed liked it but loved the scene when Dredds partner enters the bad guys mind and turns the table. Great action flick but lame story.

Next up was "Here Comes The Boom" with Kevin James. I'm not a huge fan of the "Happy Madison" films maybe cause I think Adam Sandler is a tool but will say this movie was really good. Great uplifting story, great cast and some funny moments. Worthy of a rental.

The Fall of The Roman Empire (1964)

51n7H53Zw6L._SY300_.jpg

Another epic movie from the height of epic movie era. It stands alongside of Ben Hur, Quo Vadis and Cleopatra. This one is probably the last of this type of movie which is ironic that the title is about the end of something... :think:

I haven't heard this but after watching it, I couldn't help noticing the similarities with more recent movie, Gladiator (2000). It's safe to categorize Gladiator as a remake of this movie. Yes, it's that similar. For example, the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius wanted the army general to take his throne but dies (killed) and Commodus takes the throne instead. Then there is Lucilla, who has romantic interest for the general Livius (Maximus in Gladiator) which thickens the plot. Only thing notably different in Gladiator is the presence of Colosseum. Anyway, this is a good movie with some deep thoughts to be had especially the political and economic complications we face here in the US.

This movie is loaded with heavy hitters of actors back in the days, Sophia Loren, Stephen Boyd, Alec Guinness, James Mason and Christopher Plummer. Nicely restored color and 5.1 audio. Despite being 3 hours long, I give it 4 stars out of 5. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Just watched "The Man with the Iron Fists" wow what a fun campy Kung fu flick. One that will give your subs and surround speakers a real work out. This is a Quinten Tarentino/ Eli Roth film starring Lucy Lui, Russell Crowe and Rza ( from Wu Tang Clan) in his directorial debut. What a fun movie to watch with some great action, very hot Asian whores and just awesome sound. Worthy of a rental.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,009
Back