• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

The English Patient (1996)

51HT00dCCHL._SY300_.jpg

This is the second romance movie I watched by choice in my whole life and will be the last. It's a well made movie but I'm just not into this genre. With 9 Academy wins, this is the top notch romance movie and if you don't enjoy it (like me), then this isn't the genre for you either.

To be fair, it is well directed and acted. The images are stunning and audio is very good. The story.... well, I thought it was about some English soldier who got injured in a line of duty during WW II and falls for a nurse who cared for him but it's not. There are some war actions but they are only a side story. 2 hours and 42 minutes is a stretch but the pace was decent so it didn't bother me. What did bother me a little was when it was over. For a romance movie, you would expect some kind of "the moral of the story" or lesson if you will but I had a hard time structuring one at the end. What I thought was there, in large quantity, was the emotion. Well, I guess chicks (and certain males... ahem... Matt) dig that kind of stuff. If that's what defines top notch romance movie, then I have all the rights in the world to make this the last of its kind I watch by choice.

3 out of 5 stars from me for the technical quality.

Hey now I just watched " The Notebook" last week and loved that movie. I don't mind a good romance especially when you get to see Rachel McAdams boobies in it.

MatthewB said:
Hey now I just watched " The Notebook" last week and loved that movie. I don't mind a good romance
I'm not at all surprised, Matt.
especially when you get to see Rachel McAdams boobies in it.
BTW, are you sure you didn't mean to say "Ryan Gosling boobies in it"? :eusa-whistle:

The Hobbit

51oyx9TCjVL._SY300_.jpg

I remember reading mixed reviews on this forum. I thought it was good. Even though it's almost 3 hours long, it's got interesting story and nice visual effects (definitely improved over LOTR series). I thinks LOTR fans would enjoy it even more. There are many similarities to the previous series but that's to be expected since it's more or less the same world which the story takes place. I watched 2-D but I can see what a treat it would be in 3-D. Top notch CGI and audio.

3.5 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

The guys over at AVS panned this movie because they put filters on the bass, so there is no bass below 30Hz which was disappointing during the battle of the rock monsters where you'd expect deep bass.

MatthewB said:
The guys over at AVS panned this movie because they put filters on the bass, so there is no bass below 30Hz which was disappointing during the battle of the rock monsters where you'd expect deep bass.
Was Ashley one of the posters? :laughing:

It didn't bother me much but I wonder why they would do that. :think:

^--- yeah well that certainly makes the movie not worth watching. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Saw MIB3 tonight, enjoyed it very much!

Bought a triple feature Bluray for 5.00 (with DVD trade in) so got Swordfish. Executive Decision and Point Break (when Gary Busey still had some brain activity). Been forever since I saw Point Break or Executive Decision forgot how mind numbing but fun to watch movies they were.

I always watch this in the eve of the Monaco Grand Prix:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RILdsjeL_4[/youtube]

The opening scene is Monaco, the genius of John Frankenheimer is on display and it is still the best racing movie. Everything in the cockpit is dead balls accurate*.

Rush will be these cars with better aerodynamics.

Calibrated to within .001 newton/meters :angelic-green:

Iron Sky
51bJ7IOYtlL._SX500_.jpg

It's not as bad as many critics say it is. I think they are disappointed because they expected the wrong thing. It's a dark comedy criticizing the world politics which is filled with deception and driven by greed and ego. I think this movie went straight to DVD. However, I find it entertaining once I accepted it as a comedy and not an action or sci-fi movie.

It's about a surviving Nazi force that fled to the moon near the end of World War II (like I said, it's a comedy) and established their hideout. In 2018, they decide to strike back at the earth with the weapons they developed during 70 years of hiding on the dark side of the moon. In this movie, the Nazi force is just an obstacle (not the main theme as it may appear to be on the poster or in the trailer) used as an excuse to further a nation's political agendas.

The hot chick in the middle is Julia Dietze. If Claire Danes has a better looking twin sister, it would be her.

A decent popcorn flick. 3 stars out of 5 from me.

Watched "The Last Stand" with Ah-nold. A leave your brain at the door action flick but I rather enjoyed it. Rental at best.

Also watched "Dark Skies". Pretty formulaic horror movie that had a few jump out at you moments but real stupid ending. Starred Keri Russell who till this movie never realized that she must still be wearing a training bra cause man those were some non existent cans. I pointed this fact out to my GF who told me Keri was great in some show called "Felicity" all I know is her kids better be bottle fed otherwise they'd starve.

Matt, Keri Russell is outstanding in a new show on FX called The Americans. I'm not saying her boobs are any better in it, but you will gain a new appreciation for her.

watched beverly hills cop 1 streaming on netflix. not bad, but man, it was nice to see some good ol faces.

We watched this for the third time, but first time in the HT last night.

Each time I see it I like it more and more.......

original.jpeg

watched new die hard flick...

Die+Hard+5+2.jpg

hmm...altho im not a big fan of mcclane after the second one, i guess that i somehow still can recognize his somewhat character in it.

i liked the last one, its taking me forever to justify purchasing it tho on blu-ray, but it was a good show. i thought it would be a difficult feat to top the last one, it really was... big choppers, a rig, a jet... without robots.

this one was subpar compared to it. there was no connection whatsoever with the characters, the enemies were bland as mentioned in a review, and well... there wasnt much ooomph with it.

at certain times i felt he was scolding the son, jack.... jack... jack!....

got old pretty bad.

the good news is, theres some good lows at certain areas. ironically, i found my favorite low bass scene at the 55 mark, to around 57, just when they were talking.

its amazing how some scenes just lacked it, but these two were very sweet...

anyways, take my review with a grain of salt... its a good movie, but RED was much much better than this.

Back