• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

^ I was going to put that in my Netflix queue but decided not to after seeing real low rating.

DIY I went in with low expectations also but it turned out to be a fun movie. I mean yeah leave your brain at the door but worthy of a rental and the audio is first rate.

Brainstorm (1983)

51O8VDDnArL._SX500_.jpg

Hard to believe it's been 30 years already. I remember seeing it on TV and going "Wow, in 10 years maybe...". Didn't quite pan out that way. :(

If I recall, this is one of those early movies to incorporate CGI in "seamless" way. Still interesting plot and picture even 30 years later. One thing I was puzzled about is, is it a sci-fi, horror or romance movie. Maybe it's ambiguous in that aspect by design.

3.5 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

If I recall this was Natalie Woods last movie before Christopher Walken and Robert Wagner gave her the heave Ho off that boat.

I watched Brainstorm just a couple of months ago, and hadn't seen it since the 80's. Who here hasn't watched that movie and thought to themselves that the sex scene would be so awesome if you could do that?

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005)
51H5YEMRXXL._SY300_.jpg

Interesting crime / murder mystery / dark comedy. It's kind of like Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and the likes which are the plots all tangled up and then straightens out at the end. R rated so it's got some nudity, suggestive scenes and good bit of gay jokes (Matt, if you haven't seen it, this is right up your alley).

It's an entertaining work. Well edited and acted. Robert Downey Jr., Val Kilmer, Michelle Monaghan (she shows quite a bit of skin :drool: ). The pace is somewhat fast and I had to rewind a few scenes to catch up. If you are into this genre, you'll like this one.

3 stars out of 5 from me.

DIYer I actually own the Bluray to Kiss Kiss and watched it about two months back agree very good movie.

Btw not a huge fan of Natalie Wood but liked her in West Side Story. Yeah her "drowning" made the news in the 80's considering the weird circumstances and Walken and Wagner were the only other people on the boat. There was always speculation that Wagner got angry and shoved her off that boat.

MatthewB said:
DIYer I actually own the Bluray to Kiss Kiss and watched it about two months back agree very good movie.

Btw not a huge fan of Natalie Wood but liked her in West Side Story. Yeah her "drowning" made the news in the 80's considering the weird circumstances and Walken and Wagner were the only other people on the boat. There was always speculation that Wagner got angry and shoved her off that boat.

I just saw a report the other day that Natalie walked in on Robert and Christopher doing the hunka chunka! I wonder if Robert found Butch's watch?

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is a pretty good movie. Wasn't this the movie that got people talking about RDJ and movies again?

DIYer said:
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005)
51H5YEMRXXL._SY300_.jpg

Interesting crime / murder mystery / dark comedy. It's kind of like Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and the likes which are the plots all tangled up and then straightens out at the end. R rated so it's got some nudity, suggestive scenes and good bit of gay jokes (Matt, if you haven't seen it, this is right up your alley).

It's an entertaining work. Well edited and acted. Robert Downey Jr., Val Kilmer, Michelle Monaghan (she shows quite a bit of skin :drool: ). The pace is somewhat fast and I had to rewind a few scenes to catch up. If you are into this genre, you'll like this one.

Michelle Monaghan

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVGw94-I3gw[/youtube]

Life of Pi

51WXYZIqDGL._SY300_.jpg

Good PG movie but seemed little long. If the first 20 minutes was shortened little, it would've been more entertaining. Lots of quality CGI. Basically, it's a book reading experience transferred to the screen. It's got some religious implications but only skims the surface and some symbolic references to the animals. I felt sorry for the tiger at times but the end was decent. Directing seemed good but I'm not sure if it was better than other top movies of 2012 to win Oscar. :confusion-shrug:

Saw this over the weekend.

Soylent Green (1973)

51XDhAK9neL._SY300_.jpg

Another forgotten goods. I thought it was some mediocre early 70's sci-fi movie but I was wrong. It takes place in 2022 New York City which turned into an over crowed and under supplied dystopia. Natural food and running water became super luxury items only available to the extreme riches. The rest of the citizens live like bums and rely totally on the government handouts of water and processed food called Soylent Green. Heston plays a detective who investigates a high profile murder case and discovers something big while risking his own life. Well scripted and acted. One of few movies that I wished it was longer.

3.5 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

That movie Soylent Green had a huge impact on me when I saw it for the first time, I was probably 11 or 12 years old!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Yikes, EUTHANIZING people and turning them into food!!!! :scared-eek:

I wish it was legal to have our loved ones that are suffering euthanized.................

However not turn them into food.

Django Unchained

51DDxxcqWjL._SX500_.jpg

What an entertainment! :dance:

4 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Warning: lots of gun violence and language.

dont forget, blood splatter, and well, buckets of blood balloon splatter.

it was a great movie, but a tad long for my taste. i wish it trimmed off the fat a bit, aside from that, its a great movie.

i watched Special Forces, a french movie about er... a special unit to retrieve a hostage...

Special-Forces1.jpeg

it was good to a point, but nothing special. no pun intended.

going to watch company of heroes, with tom sizemore.

but based on the reviews and the b factor in it, i might as well hit up the hobbit or another three hour movie.

*sigh*

sundays are always lazy days.

Back