• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Watched "Olympus has fallen" nother leave your brain at the door action flick but a lot of stars in this one. Lots and lots of guns but overall I enjoyed it. GF thought it was too violent but was cheering towards the end.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 901
Also watched "Warm Bodies" on Razz's recommendation and Michelle and I really liked this one. A zombie version of Romeo and Juliet but with a great story and awesome soundtrack. Loved a scene when the main guy is showing his house to Julie (his non zombie love) and she sees his massive record collection and asks why he has so much vinyl when iPods are easier. He barely speaks as words for zombies are hard to say but manages to say, "sounds better". :happy-smileygiantred: Great funny romantic movie with action.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 901
Surprisingly Okay!

51rQLEOS84L._SY300_.jpg

heeman said:
Double Dipped on this one also.........

I think this is a great movie, PQ Grainy.......

51-8LqmO-%2BL._SY300_.jpg

Three words.
TORA TORA TORA

220px-ToraToraTora1970.png

Still my favorite Pearl Harbor Movie.

Meh, Pearl Harbor was okay. Not a bad demo disc by any stretch but there are plenty of AWESOME movies that ALSO provide great demos. I'm not a fan of the formula where the director/writers take a significant historical event and wrap it in a cheesy love story to appeal more to the mainstream. (one exception for me that comes to mind is TITANIC). :twocents-mytwocents:

Batman said:
I'm not a fan of the formula where the director/writers take a significant historical event and wrap it in a cheesy love story to appeal more to the mainstream. (one exception for me that comes to mind is TITANIC). :twocents-mytwocents:

I'm with you (except for the part about Titanic).

Towen7 said:
Batman said:
I'm not a fan of the formula where the director/writers take a significant historical event and wrap it in a cheesy love story to appeal more to the mainstream. (one exception for me that comes to mind is TITANIC). :twocents-mytwocents:

I'm with you (except for the part about Titanic).

Ditto

heeman said:
It's a shame that the PQ wasn't better, however the audio was great!

51xX2jk7HUL.jpg

Herman according to the Speclab graphs the DVD has far better sound without the subsonic filter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 773
Master and Commander Far Side of the Squirrel DVD DTS 5.1 (lossy) audio is head snd shoulders above the DTS Master (lossless) audio version on Blu-ray, IMO.

Rope

^ Well never owned the DVD...............

Let's see what tonight brings..................

heeman said:
^ Well never owned the DVD...............

Let's see what tonight brings..................

The cannon blasts will knock you out of your favorite chair.

Rope

heeman said:
:text-imsorry:

Went into this one with no idea what it was about.........

7594_large.jpg

You didn't like it? I really enjoyed that one. :violence-torch:

Back