• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

heeman said:
:text-imsorry:

Went into this one with no idea what it was about.........

7594_large.jpg

That Movie just really bored me.

been able to watch THREE movies lately,

one was man of steel,

friday was pacific rim, yesterday was world war z.

Pacific rim was a blast, knowing i was getting into mecharobots, and well, growing up to em including gatchaman, this was exciting. it was a great put your brain on the door kinda movie. but very entertaining.

World War Z was entertaining in its own light, but at times felt blah. it was good tho, rare moments of quiet. but very different take and aspect on the zombie wars.

Also watched Olympus is fallen... er... that one, i hate to admit, felt like a b movie with some wasted talents. Morgan freeman and cast were amazing, but camera work felt like amatuer hour. Too bad it was antoine fuqua.

Anyways, it was a good weekend. I will watch Snitch later on. hope its redeeming.

Snitch was a lazy Sunday afternoon nothing else to watch but you watched it anyway and then realized your time was better well spent doing chores around the house kinda movie.

Just watched Frankenweenie, good movie but way too dark for kids. Couple of LOL moments and the stop motion animation was great. Typical Tim Burton movie but GF really liked it.

Also watched Evil Dead (remake) I liked the original better because I'm a fan of the trilogy. This one was way gory but decent rental.

A friend lent us this a while ago, we finally watched this series of 10 between Saturday and Sunday.

We both enjoyed it..............yup another big world event with sappy, cheesy love story thrown in!

611zyZJvxRL._SY300_.jpg

MatthewB said:
Snitch was a lazy Sunday afternoon nothing else to watch but you watched it anyway and then realized your time was better well spent doing chores around the house kinda movie.

so, do you think i should even continue with it, or drop it completely. sadly, i think i know the answer...

We both enjoyed this one, our feeling is that you will need to watch a few times to pick up on all the hidden messages.

A lot of good LFE.

51Y6fGqu6ZL._SL500_SL160_.jpg

Watched Oblivion with Tom Cruise and a but load of stars in "Movie 43" there is four hours of my life I will never get back. Hard to decide which movie sucked more.

We watched Oblivion last night and thought it was good, but not great. After that, we watched Elton John's Vegas concert, The Red Piano, which we really enjoyed.

Haywood said:
...we watched Elton John's Vegas concert, The Red Piano, which we really enjoyed.
If you haven't already seen it, I'd recommend his 60th birthday show. I think you'd like it even more.

9d3ea6212093cc8cdf2a08af20bd2cfd.jpg

Zing said:
Haywood said:
...we watched Elton John's Vegas concert, The Red Piano, which we really enjoyed.
If you haven't already seen it, I'd recommend his 60th birthday show. I think you'd like it even more.

9d3ea6212093cc8cdf2a08af20bd2cfd.jpg

How is the PQ on this one?

heeman said:
How is the PQ on this one?
Assuming this is a serious question, the PQ is outstanding! I think all cameras were HD, even those on the audience (which was more than star-studded, I might add).

The show is great, the picture is great and the sound is great. Unless you're Flint - who thinks Elton is a hack - I can't imagine anyone not thoroughly enjoying this, again and again.

MatthewB said:
Watched Oblivion with Tom Cruise and a but load of stars in "Movie 43" there is four hours of my life I will never get back. Hard to decide which movie sucked more.
Uh..., Matt, have you heard of "movie reviews"? :think:

I thought someone already mentioned but didn't see.
51IpSPPgBLL._SY300_.jpg

I think this movie is underrated. It's really well done. I watched it in 2-D but I think it would be a real treat in 3-D. Images are fantastic. Think of Avatar's visuals on steroids. Audio is very nice too.

Both Mila Kunis and Rachel Weisz look drool-able :drool: in this movie. Hard to think of them as witches. The third witch is played by Michelle Williams. They went with the theme of good blond gal vs bad dark haired gal. All eye-candies though.

I give it 3.5 stars out of 5. :handgestures-thumbupright: Would've been 4 out of 5 if I was a teenager.

Back