• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Zing said:
heeman said:
How is the PQ on this one?
The show is great, the picture is great and the sound is great. Unless you're Flint - who thinks Elton is a hack - I can't imagine anyone not thoroughly enjoying this, again and again.

I love Elton John but I was less than blown away with this one. Sure the PQ and SQ were good, and the audience star studed, and the guest stars amazing... but... Sir Elton's voice wasn't up to the standards he's set. Maybe it's his age, maybe he was a little under the weather, i dont know... but I was a little disappointed.

Zing said:
heeman said:
How is the PQ on this one?
Assuming this is a serious question, the PQ is outstanding! I think all cameras were HD, even those on the audience (which was more than star-studded, I might add).

The show is great, the picture is great and the sound is great. Unless you're Flint - who thinks Elton is a hack - I can't imagine anyone not thoroughly enjoying this, again and again.

I looked through my collection and what do you know? I have it on DVD. I watched about half of disc 1 last night, great show, PQ maybe a 7.

Heeman the Bluray is 9.5 just outstanding PQ. The fact he sings "Empty Garden (hey hey Johnie) something he only does in New York is a treat by itself. I've seen him live and just an outstanding collection of songs.

MatthewB said:
Heeman the Bluray is 9.5 just outstanding PQ. The fact he sings "Empty Garden (hey hey Johnie) something he only does in New York is a treat by itself. I've seen him live and just an outstanding collection of songs.

So are you recommending I double dip on this one?????

Zing said:
I would recommend it. So much so, I may send you the $17.
YOU need to save up your nickels for your wife's birthday present!! :angry-tappingfoot:

:happy-smileygiantred:

Saw Pacific Rim last night with my pal Matt and it was surprisingly better than okay. I was definitely entertained and to an extent, engaged in the characters. It had some laugh out loud moments and some ridiculous moments, but I still see myself purchasing this one as a demo disc and a movie I'll enjoy more than once when it comes out on disc.

Thanks for the spoiler free review. I had low expectation for Pacific Rim but I keep hearing that its worth seeing so maybe this weekend.

Towen7 said:
Thanks for the spoiler free review. I had low expectation for Pacific Rim but I keep hearing that its worth seeing so maybe this weekend.
I think you'll find some enjoyment in it. Do imax or similar if you can, we couldn't see it in IMAX due to show time conflicts but its a movie that BEGS to be seen in that format. I may even go see it in IMAX before its too late.

We watched this last night, and I really enjoyed it, dragged a little at times, but overall kept my attention.

63170_large.jpg

MatthewB said:
Just watched Frankenweenie, good movie but way too dark for kids. Couple of LOL moments and the stop motion animation was great. Typical Tim Burton movie but GF really liked it.

Zing & I watched this last week! Yes, typical Tim Burton with a 'Pet Cemetary' animated vibe. Zing was happy watching an animated movie in the evening! I like to do animated, weekends , during the day.

Botch said:
Zing said:
YOU need to save up your nickels for your wife's birthday present!! :angry-tappingfoot:

Thank you Botch! Yeah Zing! :twocents-mytwocents: You can also send Heeman the $17 since you offered! :teasing-tease:

Babs said:
Botch said:
Zing said:

Thank you Botch! Yeah Zing! :twocents-mytwocents: You can also send Heeman the $17 since you offered! :teasing-tease:

Put the $17 towards the "Let's go visit the Heeman's Trip Fund"......... :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

heeman said:
We watched this last night, and I really enjoyed it, dragged a little at times, but overall kept my attention.

63170_large.jpg

Is this a buyer, or rental?

Rope

Back