• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Considering the release date no self respecting forum member should own a DVD copy of this.

Towen7 said:
Considering the release date no self respecting forum member should own a DVD copy of this.

Unless >coughRandy< they don't have a BD player... :eusa-whistle:

Botch said:
Unless >coughRandy< they don't have a BD player... :eusa-whistle:
No big loss when watching DVD of it. ;)

Zero-Dark-Thirty-010.jpg

Zero-Dark-Thirty-3-630x419.jpg

^ Saw a trailer on IMDB. Interesting plot. I may just put it in my netflix queue. However, I see that there are 4 versions of Deadfall, 1968, 1993, 2003 and this one. :eek: If I end up liking it, I may have to see the other 3 and compare.

I didn't know about the other releases.

This was a BB DVD trade up. $14.99 - $5. It was worth the $9.99.

heeman said:
Put the $17 towards the "Let's go visit the Heeman's Trip Fund"......... :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Deal! You are certainly on the list of future visits!!!! ;)

Batman said:
Saw Pacific Rim last night with my pal Matt and it was surprisingly better than okay. I was definitely entertained and to an extent, engaged in the characters. It had some laugh out loud moments and some ridiculous moments, but I still see myself purchasing this one as a demo disc and a movie I'll enjoy more than once when it comes out on disc.

I had no intention of seeing this at the theater but based on this and a few other friend's good reviews I made it over to the local IMAX this morning. I thought Pacific Rim was pretty damned good. It's almost 100% CGI but its so well done that disbelief is easily suspended.

The story is fairly predictable but I still found it entertaining.

Fun ride.

This is a definite buy once its on disc.

e5f48b4922f131fc46c863e82f54addc_zps9cabc9ee.jpg

Just watched G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

Very cool. Lots of explosions. And Dwayne. And Channing. And Bruce.

:happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid:

Adrianne Palicki is pretty easy on the eyes too!

No-L that movie was horrendous. No Wayans brother in this one and Channing who was a starring role in the first one is only in the first five minutes of this one. This turned into another "Rock" movie but with lame plot and story. Even my GF who drools over the Rock was like, "Boy that movie sure sucked". Being a Rock movie I wasn't hoping for much but even I wasn't prepared for how bad this movie was.

Has anyone else here watched Flight on BR?

I was soooooooooooooo disappointed with the lack of surround, that I thought that something was wrong with my system or the BR.

Then I read a review on the AVS Forum and it indicated a mainly upfront mix, very disappointing.

Loved the movie..................

I watched about forty minutes of Flight than had to shut it off. I can't stand sad pathetic movies about people trying to find peace with their inner demons. It's like that lame ass movie "Pay it Forward" I kept hoping something good would happen but then the movie was over and I was like WTF? I could see the same thing happening with Flight. I got up to the part where Denzal was about to visit the chain smoking meth addict he met in the hospital and was like that's it I've seen enough and shut it off.

MatthewB said:
I got up to the part where Denzal was about to visit the chain smoking meth addict he met in the hospital and was like that's it I've seen enough and shut it off.
That's understandable, Matt. From a non-medical field personnel like myself, it was a different experience.

Took the kids to see Disney/Pixar's Planes....it was a bit better than Cars 2 buts that's not saying much. I'm definitely not in any hurry to see it again.

jomari said:
just a heads up, Jack the giant slayer is NOT a kids movie. a lot of gore imo, minimal swearing, but some sights not intended for the young.

not a bad flick, not the best either.
Watched it and liked it. It's PG-13.

51mvzKjjieL._SX215_.jpg

I thought it should have received more publicity than it did. I was entertained the whole time. For those who want LFE demo disc, this is a good one. A lots of thumps (of course, there are giants in this movie). Special effects are top notch and it features some elite actors. Acting was good and the character development was done in a very short and efficient way. It's the same director who did X-Men movies.
3.5 stars out of 5 from me (could have been 4 if the voices of giants were deeper :) ).

I will put this in the Movie Section just because it really is not a concert!

I have never been a huge MJ Fan, however I was really disappointed when this was over........ I would give this one a very high rating.

And at less than $10, take the risk!

Oh yea, and crank the shit out of it, the audio quality and low end is just incredible.

:bow-blue: :bow-blue:

51UqdKOcHAL._SY300_.jpg

We watched three movies yesterday. The first one was Good Vibrations, the story of the Belfast punk rock scene during the Troubles of the 70s and 80s. Good movie. Worth watching. The second was The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, which is quirky and has an absolutely wonderful cast that includes Bill Nighy, Maggie Smith, Judi Dench and Tom Wilkenson. HIGHLY recommend. The final movie was the almost unspeakably terrible The Crown and the Dragon. Awful. Bad even by SyFy Channel standards. I thought it was a total waste of time and I LIKE B movies.

We watched Iron Man (the first one) in the HT last night for the first time. Really didn't remember much of it.

We thought it was really good.

Will watch Iron Man 2 tonight, I think I remember most of that one, but who knows.

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Back