• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

heeman said:
We watched Iron Man (the first one) in the HT last night for the first time. Really didn't remember much of it.

We thought it was really good.

Will watch Iron Man 2 tonight, I think I remember most of that one, but who knows.

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Wow! Zing & I did the same recently, but sorry Keith, we remembered the first one! The second one as well! No disrespect mind you! ;)

I enjoyed the first immensely! The second was not AS exciting, although I did enjoy Tony & Pepper getting together at the end! Nice!!!!

Babs said:
heeman said:
We watched Iron Man (the first one) in the HT last night for the first time. Really didn't remember much of it.

We thought it was really good.

Will watch Iron Man 2 tonight, I think I remember most of that one, but who knows.

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Wow! Zing & I did the same recently, but sorry Keith, we remembered the first one! The second one as well! No disrespect mind you! ;)

I enjoyed the first immensely! The second was not AS exciting, although I did enjoy Tony & Pepper getting together at the end! Nice!!!!

My Civil Service ID card went on the fritz a couple years ago, which meant I couldn't even unlock my computer at work, so I spent awhile at the Customer Service desk waiting to reboot my card. They just started IM 1 on the waiting room TV, got to watch the first 20, 30 minutes of it.

I'm not a big movie fan, much less a superhero movie fan, but this one sucked me in, and I had to buy the bluray to watch the rest of it. Have watched the whole thing several times, really like the movie! I've watched IM 2 a couple times, it's good but didn't have the magic (to me) of the first one.

IM3 is out, I'll probably end up buying it too, but I'll wait for the Black Friday sale. :shifty:

Well, last night the plan was to watch Iron Man 2, well we did that and watch all the way to the end of the credits and saw the hammer. I told Barb, "Let's watch Thor" She said "Now? It is 9:30 and you have to go to work tomorrow". I said "I don't give a fuck, let's watch it".

Tonight................................

THE AVENGERS :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

heeman said:
Tonight................................

THE AVENGERS
"I have an Army"

"We have a Hulk"

5382_3609.gif

:laughing-rolling:

With the welcoming of 'The Hulk' statue to the home theater, it just seemed right to watch this...

mS9yqZO0ityTJ-iHH3VuS8g.jpg

Good night puny human!!!!

And ' The Flash' statue, just ran to L A & back!!!

Oh Lord! What have I become?????

Just watched "After the Sunset" with Salma Hayak looking smoking hot. Forgot how good this action comedy is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLOwRK2rKJY[/youtube]

Watched World War Z and Grown Ups 2. WWZ was very interesting and showed if the zombie apocalypse goes down like this we are truly fucked (guns or not). Was an okay movie worth watching but a rental at best.

Grown Ups 2 was horrible. I loved the first one but you can tell this one was made just to make money and with cheap gags and sub par acting on all parts. Not even worth a rental.

Olympus Has Fallen
51lHjY5DDkL._SX215_.jpg

As many have expressed, basically a Die Hard remake with different starting actor and location. It sure isn't the same caliber as Die Hard. It's a decent B level popcorn flick. Lots of LFE for those who crave it. R rating made it more realistic images (blood & violence).

3 stars out of 5 from me because of featuring some heavy hitters in acting.

Just watched Kick Ass 2. Not as good as the first but still a good movie in its own right. Good story but seemed more violent than the first. Still quirky like the first and some good humor. Not a movie for the kids.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,180
DIYer said:
Olympus Has Fallen
51lHjY5DDkL._SX215_.jpg

As many have expressed, basically a Die Hard remake with different starting actor and location. It sure isn't the same caliber as Die Hard. It's a decent B level popcorn flick. Lots of LFE for those who crave it. R rating made it more realistic images (blood & violence).

3 stars out of 5 from me because of featuring some heavy hitters in acting.

I thought it was a really, really terrible, stupid, implausible mess with bad dialog, wooden acting and a completely nonsensical plot. Then there was the fact that the Korean accents were so bad that even I could tell they weren't really Korean speakers. Easily the worst movie I've seen in recent months, if not years.

This weekend, we watched World War Z, Apocalypse Now Redux and Pitch Black. The latter two were first watches for my oldest daughter and part of her ongoing education in film (esp. Apocalypse Now). My wife and I also watched Mud late last week and thought it wasn't bad.

Watched No Country for Old Men a couple nights ago. Very interesting movie, but I'm sure there was a lot that I totally didn't understand...

PaulyT said:
Watched No Country for Old Men a couple nights ago.
Just now? :eek: Pauly, where have you... never mind.
Very interesting movie, but I'm sure there was a lot that I totally didn't understand...
Many have reported watching multiple times to get somewhere with it.

Haywood said:
Easily the worst movie I've seen in recent months, if not years.
It can be but there are many movies which you have to check your brain at the door to make it an entertainment. Otherwise they should be called documentaries instead. It's definitely a "B" movie or below depending on the viewer's taste.

I actually like B movies. I enjoy camp. I watch and enjoy a lot of films that critics hate. I just couldn't get passed this one, although my family did have fun giving it the Mystery Science Theater treatment.

^ If you never had seen it, you have missed a blast!!

From Wikipedia:

Mystery Science Theater 3000, often abbreviated MST3K, is an American cult television comedy series created by Joel Hodgson and produced by Best Brains, Inc. The show premiered on KTMA in Minneapolis, Minnesota on November 24, 1988. It later aired on the The Comedy Channel/Comedy Central for another six seasons until its cancellation in 1997. The show was then picked up by the Sci-Fi Channel and aired for another three seasons until its final cancellation in August 1999.

The show mainly features a man and his robot sidekicks who are imprisoned on a space station by an evil scientist and forced to watch a selection of bad movies, as part of a psychological experiment, and frequently preceded by short public domain educational films. To stay sane, the man and his robots provide a running commentary on each film, making fun of its flaws and wisecracking their way through each reel in the style of a movie-theater peanut gallery. Each film is presented with a superimposition of the man and robots' silhouettes along the bottom of the screen. The film is interspersed with skits tied into the theme of the film being watched or the episode as a whole.

Hodgson originally played the stranded man, Joel Robinson, for four and a half seasons. When Hodgson left in 1993, series head writer Michael J. Nelson replaced him as new victim Mike Nelson and continued in the role for the rest of the show's run. The robots, Crow T. Robot, Tom Servo, and Gypsy, are puppets created from a variety of household objects, manipulated and voiced by other cast members that rotated over the course of the show's run.

During its eleven years, which produced 197 episodes and one feature film, MST3K attained critical acclaim. The series won a Peabody Award in 1993, was nominated for two Emmy Awards (in the category of Outstanding Individual Achievement in Writing for a Variety or Music Program) in 1994 and 1995,[1] and was nominated for a CableACE Award. In 2007, James Poniewozik listed Mystery Science Theater 3000 as one of Time magazine's "100 Best TV Shows of All-Time".[2]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8lzvSbAnyw[/youtube]

Back