• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Pauly Die Hard 3 was way better than 2 and Die Hard 4 was to me just as good as the original. Part 5 when he goes to Russia was just fair and on par with 2

I just received the complete set (1-5) thank you to Amazon Gold Box..........will be watching most of them this weekend.

heeman said:
I just received the complete set (1-5) thank you to Amazon Gold Box..........will be watching most of them this weekend.

WHY?

Did you loose a bet?

DIYer said:
Europa Report

51qOdSBjEoL.jpg

I've heard some praises so I decided to give it a try. I would say it's about 75% sci-fi and 25% horror movie. It's pretty good if you like this type (space travel) of movie.

The story is about a mission to one of Jupiter's moons, Europa which is covered with ice. The scientists speculated that underneath that ice, there is water and when there is water, there is a chance that the life form can exist. This movie has good amount of homage paid to currently known space science and the special effects are good to a point of being indistinguishable from the real NASA footage of space missions. It was entertaining. As for the audio, there isn't anything really outstanding but the surrounds are decent.

3.5 stars out of 5 from me. It would have been 4 if the ending was little more complex.

it was pretty entertaining, but a bit on the bland end. at one point i was lost in its timeline, but made sense towards the end. i would cut it more or less 85% scifi and 15% horror. There wasnt much to be horrified about, aside from the paranoia it instills in you knowing something was or possibly is there.

it did give a good stomach cringing from time to time, not out of gore or horror, but of anticipation.

a good rental.

numbers station

MV5BMjAwMjAwNzY4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjg4NjAxOQ@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

in a nutshell, think of it as having grosse point blanke being serious. it wasnt as bad as id believe it would be, but thats the thing about b movies, you always surprise yourself with the results when you're expecting something substandard.

currently on netflix streaming, 'superhd' 5.1.

one thing blu-ray.com got right, it DID give my subwoofer a good workout. some of it was from the score, others, simply from ambiance. very good low end stuff.

After earth.

well, we can ridicule it all we want. but essentially, i think it was meant to be. it wasnt a bad movie, but with so much hype so much expectations from it, it felt flat and well, the tone of it wasnt up to par. its not a will smith movie. its a movie with will smith in it. and his son trying to ride on his streamline.

the accent? terrible. i cant stand it. i cant stand his son playing the bickering spoiled kid. again.

rental.

Towen7 said:
heeman said:

WHY?

Did you loose a bet?

So................they are that bad................?

After the week that I just had, to unplug and not have to think will be a very good thing!

I will be watching the Talladega race in the HT on Sunday........

2 Christopher Walken movies last night, not planned.

61s%2B9KuzaLL._SY300_.jpg

This one was out there.................I think that this one is for T7.

51A3I8h%2BAGL._SY300_.jpg

This one start off just so, so than had a much better ending.

I'm a Walken fan but haven't seen either of those. Do you suggest rental or purchase on those? Either way I'll seek them out once I get my pre/pro back from the shop.

^ I saw Stand Up Guys and agree with heeman on the pace. Before that, I picked A Late Quartet from Netflix thinking that it was Stand Up Guys (C. Walken in it). Totally different movie but not too bad.

a-late-quartet.jpg

WWZ

wwz.jpg

I wouldn't say it's one of those typical zombie movies. It's better. It's got drama, sci-fi, good action / suspense, some philosophy and you can see the relatively high budget. I found it entertaining. PG-13 reduced some of the gore compared to R rated zombie movies but didn't reduce the impact much to me even though I've seen negative reactions from the fans of this genre.

3 stars out of 5 from me.

Tom Seven Psychpaths is a good movie (not great) but is worthy of a rental. I loved Psychopath #1 (Harry Dean Stanton) the Amish father. That whole mini story was awesome. The movie had a lot of stars (Woody Harrelson, Colin Farrell, Sam Rockwell and Tom Waits). I enjoyed watching it but not sure if I'd ever go out of my way to watch it again now that I know how it ends.

Towen7 said:
I'm a Walken fan but haven't seen either of those. Do you suggest rental or purchase on those? Either way I'll seek them out once I get my pre/pro back from the shop.

I paid $9.99 for each of them and felt that it was worth it............

You will have to decide.......

Good luck with the Pre/Pro repair...............not sure if I will every see my Onkyo AVR again. Parts are on back-order!

Towen, if you are a fan of just Walken, rent. If you are a fan of Walken and gangsta movies, purchase.

MatthewB said:
Just watched "The Lone Ranger" it was just okay for me. I was dozing halfway thru.

That was a miserable experiance for me. But I should have seen it comeing the J. Depp factor. IMHO one of the most overated actors if not no. 1 on the list. Never thought he could F up Tonto but he managed to do it royaly.

DIYer said:
^ I saw Stand Up Guys and agree with heeman on the pace. Before that, I picked A Late Quartet from Netflix thinking that it was Stand Up Guys (C. Walken in it). Totally different movie but not too bad.

a-late-quartet.jpg

PSH and Walken cant go wrong ill put it in my Netflix must see.

^ Keep in mind that it's a story about overcoming life's obstacles which is fine and dandy but it takes place around string quartet performers. If you are not into such settings, you may find it boring. For me it was neutral.

a-late-quartet-2.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks Walken is gonna take that Cello and beat the other three to death with it?

Back