• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

I wanted to see that this weekend in IMAX and just couldn't fit it in. I will see this week for sure...

Was going to do IMAX, but ended up with a bunch of people going and didn't want to drop $72 on tickets. Ended up getting nice, reserved premium seating for a matinee showing at our usual theater, which left money for concessions. We all really enjoyed the movie.

Haywood said:
Was going to do IMAX, but ended up with a bunch of people going and didn't want to drop $72 on tickets. Ended up getting nice, reserved premium seating for a matinee showing at our usual theater, which left money for concessions. We all really enjoyed the movie.

Thanks for the update Haywood, my wifes going to ask me to ask yall, was it faithful to the book? in comparison to it, was it a different beast or was it well recieved for its fans? Nope, never read the book sorry.

Was it like the hobbit or LOTR or was it Queen of the damned kinda violated version?

Watched little big man, finally finished it. It was great, but also a bit lackluster for me. The ending bugged me, and felt rushed or they didnt know how to close the story.

Also watched Kon Tiki, this one was quite entertaining, but bland and slow at times. It felt emtpy somewhere in the middle. But good movie. the bass was good too. a lot of ULF.

jomari said:
Haywood said:

Thanks for the update Haywood, my wifes going to ask me to ask yall, was it faithful to the book? in comparison to it, was it a different beast or was it well recieved for its fans? Nope, never read the book sorry.

Was it like the hobbit or LOTR or was it Queen of the damned kinda violated version?

Watched little big man, finally finished it. It was great, but also a bit lackluster for me. The ending bugged me, and felt rushed or they didnt know how to close the story.

Also watched Kon Tiki, this one was quite entertaining, but bland and slow at times. It felt emtpy somewhere in the middle. But good movie. the bass was good too. a lot of ULF.

It was extremely faithful to the book to about the same degree that LOTR was.

Just purchased my Thor tickets in IMAX. Can't wait to report back...reviews have been above average.

Batman said:
Just purchased my Thor tickets in IMAX. Can't wait to report back...reviews have been above average.

friend saw it last night, said it was very, very good.

Just finished watching Monsters University. Wow, the HD audio was so utterly terrible, dropping out every 30s, that I had to switch to DD 2.0. Geez.

Not a bad movie. Now I want to watch the original again...

Just watched White House Down. Lord oh lord why do I subject myself to such mindless drivel. Okay so the White House has been taken hostage and nobody (secret service or National Guard or police or Army) knows how to get in yet near the beginning they talk about the secret tunnels that Kennedy used to sneak Marilyn Monroe in and out of the White House. The secret service tell our hero and the President to go out these secret tunnels and in the next sentence wonder how they (the secret service) are going to enter the White House. I sat there yelling, "Are you fucking kidding me". Next was the annoying daughter of Channing Tatum as you pray the terrorists will just shoot in the head to save the watching audience. The terrorists kill heads of state without a second thought but take issue with shooting a smart ass annoying as fuck teenage girl. At one point I thought will somebody please shoot this teen to get this story moving again.

Granted this movie came out the same time as "Olympus has Fallen" another movie where terrorists take the White House and shoot it to Hell and back. Of the two Olympus was better but Hollywood really asks the viewer to really suspend disbelief if they think taking the White House hostage is really that easy.

You guys will love this in White House Down the terrorists are disguised as Home Theater installers finally installing surround sound in the White House (glad to see the White House just got by with stereo for over two decades). During the movie they show the terrorists "installing" the home theater and then the camera goes to another scene and I shout out, "Nooooo I wanna see what gear they are going to install". At this point my gf told me to shut it as she was drooling over Channing Tatum.

What a dumb movie.

MatthewB said:
Just watched White House Down. Lord oh lord why do I subject myself to such mindless drivel. Okay so the White House has been taken hostage and nobody (secret service or National Guard or police or Army) knows how to get in yet near the beginning they talk about the secret tunnels that Kennedy used to sneak Marilyn Monroe in and out of the White House. The secret service tell our hero and the President to go out these secret tunnels and in the next sentence wonder how they (the secret service) are going to enter the White House. I sat there yelling, "Are you fucking kidding me". Next was the annoying daughter of Channing Tatum as you pray the terrorists will just shoot in the head to save the watching audience. The terrorists kill heads of state without a second thought but take issue with shooting a smart ass annoying as fuck teenage girl. At one point I thought will somebody please shoot this teen to get this story moving again.

Granted this movie came out the same time as "Olympus has Fallen" another movie where terrorists take the White House and shoot it to Hell and back. Of the two Olympus was better but Hollywood really asks the viewer to really suspend disbelief if they think taking the White House hostage is really that easy.

You guys will love this in White House Down the terrorists are disguised as Home Theater installers finally installing surround sound in the White House (glad to see the White House just got by with stereo for over two decades). During the movie they show the terrorists "installing" the home theater and then the camera goes to another scene and I shout out, "Nooooo I wanna see what gear they are going to install". At this point my gf told me to shut it as she was drooling over Channing Tatum.

What a dumb movie.

Holy crap! Olympus was BETTER? That movie was complete excrement. I'd better skip this one.

brazil-criterion-collection-dvd.jpg

This is one of my top favorite movies ever, in the world, and the version in the Criterion collection makes the US theatrical release version (edited by studio marketing people after Terry Gilliam walked away over creative grievances) look like a comedy of errors.

Mr Gilliam is a genius and in 1985 captured, almost perfectly, what the world is like today (2013) using styles, imagery and film techniques of the 1940s. The sets stretch up the sky, indoors and out, and the costuming nails all the stereotypes of the 1930s. He predicted the national "need" to know everything about everyone (Information Retrieval) and the financial crunch (one has to pay for his own interrogation) and the overwhelming bureaucracy where everyone is merely doing their jobs while making life impossible for everyone. It is amazing!!!

Terry even imagined that we would all be watching TV on our PCs twenty years before it was a reality.

And the that song!!! I'll be singing it for weeks.

brazilstretch.jpg

On the TV in the backfroung during an early point in the film a government official is asked what he thinks about the 7 year terrorists bombing campaign and he responds, "Bad sportsmanship. They need to play the game and understand that they lost the last game and need to follow the rules if they ever want to win."

HA!

MatthewB said:
During the movie they show the terrorists "installing" the home theater and then the camera goes to another scene and I shout out, "Nooooo I wanna see what gear they are going to install". At this point my gf told me to shut it as she was drooling over Channing Tatum.

What a dumb movie.
You mean, if they showed more of HT and less of CT, it would've been a better movie? :think:

DIYer said:
WWZ

wwz.jpg

I wouldn't say it's one of those typical zombie movies. It's better. It's got drama, sci-fi, good action / suspense, some philosophy and you can see the relatively high budget. I found it entertaining. PG-13 reduced some of the gore compared to R rated zombie movies but didn't reduce the impact much to me even though I've seen negative reactions from the fans of this genre.

3 stars out of 5 from me.
What a great zombie movie, well really it's steroid zombies. Use to the slow methotical zombies that drag one leg behind as they limp down the street? Not in this film, they're on the move and hungry for flesh and their victims turn into zombies in 10 seconds. Talk about an epidemic!

Rope

Henry's Crime

51KhTjx0gYL._SX215_.jpg

Interesting drama / crime / romance (I know I said never again but didn't know this is) movie. It's rated R more for the social complexity than nudity / situation / or language. I enjoyed it. "Since I did the time, might as well have done the crime" sums it up. But something else comes into the play. :eusa-whistle:

Despite its low budget, it kept the pace well. Acting was decent but what stands up and trumped Keanu's and Vera's acting was James Caan's. He is fantastic in this.

It has moderate ratings across the web but gets 4 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Finally got this on BR and watched last night...............

We both thought is had a great story, great effects............

Yea, I know........................(you mean you are just getting around to seeing this now?)

star-trek-into-darkness-blu-ray-cover-art.jpg

heeman said:
Yea, I know........................(you mean you are just getting around to seeing this now?)
You've read my mind! :eek: Better be careful what I'm thinking now...

51iwOC0b4RL._SL500_SY300_.jpg

Fun ride! Special effects are top notch and this has got to be the most LFE mixed movie ever. If you want a sub demo material, this movie is it! I've see a lot of criticisms about this movie not meeting the expectation and ...etc. I'm not sure what they were expecting (heaven?) but I thought it was pretty entertaining. Ron Perlman fit the character so well that it looked as if this role was meant for him.

PQ and AQ are pretty darn good. Audio seems to be mixed about 10db hot. I like the monster design. They are quite ugly and fearsome. Robots are unique and a lots of attention went into the details. The director Guillermo del Toro has done some good movies and he is way above the ones like Michael Bay (Transformers) and Roland Emmerich (Independence Day).

I give it 3.5 stars out of 5. Would have been 4 if the plot is more complex but it's PG-13 movie with robots and monsters so.... :confusion-shrug:

Just watched "The Wolverine" man did this movie suck, horrible story, lame ass mutants and an ending where I was like WTF. Only redeeming thing was the short two minute clip during the credits. Just a bad movie.

Also watched "Red 2". The first was better but this one was almost just as good. Lot of action and laughs. Worth watching.

Back