• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Not sure what it was on Saturday night, but Holy Crap, this one scared the Hell out of both of us!

51G8fu-8lPL._SY300_.jpg

heeman said:
Not sure what it was on Saturday night, but Holy Crap, this one scared the Hell out of both of us!

51G8fu-8lPL._SY300_.jpg

watched something similar to this over the weekend, the Conjuring.

same director, and apparently a refined piece of work based on his maturity with his previous films, including insidious.

With all the hullabaloo about the horror genre, and sadly the quantity versus quality mentality came about with them, this one definitely was a great movie.

Good pacing, character development, and a good solid story made this one a great one. i havent dug into horrors as much as i used to, so this was a surprise.

My coping mechanism with horror flicks is to be able to pause a movie, do something else, and then come back.

Had to do this several times.

Solid entertainment. Great movie. im curious to see other quality horrors, especially similar to this one. Any takers?

Watched The Expendables 2. If you wanted the first one you know what to expect. The final action sequences have Sly, Ah-Nuld, Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris and Van Damme all doing damage...I kind of miss the cheesy action movies of the 80s, which makes this watchable...but all of them roaming around just put it over the edge.

Enjoyed it and the ridiculousness though.

The DirtMerchant said:
Watched The Expendables 2. If you wanted the first one you know what to expect. The final action sequences have Sly, Ah-Nuld, Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris and Van Damme all doing damage...I kind of miss the cheesy action movies of the 80s, which makes this watchable...but all of them roaming around just put it over the edge.

Enjoyed it and the ridiculousness though.

I like all the cheezy references to the movies throughout , like the writing on the trucks in the opening. Coming Soon, Knock Knock, and such.

Someone asking Stalone : Who's next Rambo ?

We have the new RED 2 but have not sat down to watch with the wife working OT.
Holidays are rough on her at the hospital We had two nights in a row with her pager and calls to 03 am.

Barb and I just watched this one. Picked it up for $7 and well worth it. The sound track was done perfectly. Wish all were done as good as this one!

51bg0oBxLdL._SY300_.jpg

heeman said:
2 Christopher Walken movies last night, not planned.

61s%2B9KuzaLL._SY300_.jpg

This one was out there.................I think that this one is for T7.

I thought the title sounded familiar ... Remembering this thread I picked up this four issue collection at the comic shop yesterday. Needless to say it is not the same story at all. There are no gangsters or shih tzus. These particular psychopaths are out to kill Hitler (think Inglorious Bastards).

78b214ad3570eca5dff01cbbf6eaa309_zps1b285674.jpg

heeman said:
Barb and I just watched this one. Picked it up for $7 and well worth it. The sound track was done perfectly. Wish all were done as good as this one!

51bg0oBxLdL._SY300_.jpg
:laughing-lettersrofl: I wouldn't pay 7¢ for that movie....but that's just me :teasing-tease:

I really expected to like this one a lot more than I did. It's one of those cases where the screen writers checked all the boxes and the actors all did a great job ... but the pieces just didn't fit together.

cc2ab64444af878c5559df4c16b2376d_zpsc614e883.jpg

Watched Broken City yesterday. The cast was great. The script was just okay. Overall, I'd give it 3.5 stars.

Tall Man
- Jessica biel movie, listed in netflix streaming as a horror flick.

Nope.

Not bad tho, storywise, but i was expecting something else. So that kinda went against it.

otherwise, a different movie.

Watched RED 2 last night.

Ok movie and plot. to be expected for action movie. Spilled a drink when the car blew up in the opening scenes. Been way to jumpy lately.

Watched this last night. I'm not too into this genre of movies but S&V proclaimed it his masterpiece, so I picked it up (probably after a second glass of wine too :shifty: ).
Really enjoyed the scenery in this one, and never saw boats being paddled with a single oar in the back, like a fish's tail, before. And Samsonite must've been a real status symbol in those days! :laughing: The final fight scene in a "hall of mirrors" was surreal and worth watching.

enter_the_dragon.jpg

Speaking of Bruce Lee, I rented Game of Death. It's the one with Kareem Abdul Jabbar making a guest appearance.

41DFWM2QJ9L.jpg

It was his last (unfinished) movie. They had to use a lookalike and some footage from previous movies to fill in the gaps. The story is ok (changed from the original) but because the lookalike not being so lookalike (this was long before CGI), it didn't pan out so well. However, the parts with real Bruce Lee is pretty good. It's unfortunate that he departed so early.

2.5 stars out of 5 for overall but 4 out of 5 stars for the fight scene by real Bruce Lee.

Towen7 said:
Found this on Netflix.

Highly recommended for fans and haters of Lucas.

4e171161863918d12cb71a4ba122e27d_zps9764f651.jpg

Why is it that the content in the US(superior) has too be different than the content in Canada(sucks ass) on Netflix? Does it cost that much more to send those 1's and 0's up to Canada?

Back