• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Watched A Very Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas forgot how LOL funny this movie was.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 882
PaulyT said:
Just finished Despicable Me 2 with the girls, loved it! I think it's on par with the first one.

Despicable-Me-2-2013-English-Film-Watch-Online-Full-Movie.jpg

:text-+1:

We hosted date-night with some friends and watched Despicable Me 2. I was a little worried that a bunch of adults without young children wouldn't enjoy it, but it was a hit!

I still like the first one just a little more though.

Elysium
51sBYLb4EYL._SY300_.jpg

I thought it was pretty good. There have been lots of online talks of this movie being so political but I didn't feel it that much. If you like Batman movies for the gadgets and actions, you will like this movie. It's got plenty and they are real cool! The pace is pretty high. At times I thought it was little too fast.

Special effects? Top notch.
Pictures? Very good.
Audio? I thought it was good but didn't have a lot of LFE so it may not be approved by some people (you know who you are... :eusa-whistle: ).

4 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

PaulyT said:
Well since I have time off and wanted something dark and violent, plus the kids are in school so I can blast it as loud as I want, figured I'd finally get around to seeing this:

django-unchained-final-poster.jpg

Damn. Y'all know I'm as much a pacifist as anyone, but Tarantino's ability to get me to smile and even laugh at violent death is uncanny. And the scene with the lynch mob whining about the holes in their masks was the most hysterical thing I've seen in a long time.

Good movie. Not necessarily something I want to watch over and over, but really well done.

We finally got around to watching this last night. The first 45 mins or so had us feeling "where is this going". Then it finally kicked in and we really enjoyed it!

^ Yes, and I am not a big fan of DiCaprio, however I thought he did a great job also.......

I also saw Elysium and felt the timeline is pretty much on schedule with what's going on now. In 2054 the rich elite live on Elysium while the poor live in poverty on Earth. It seems no more middle class and as things are going looks like around 2050 we'll pretty much either live in luxury or in poverty.

Good movie and glad they brought back the actor who starred in "District 9". Great actor. Story was very predictable but good and worthy of watching. I loved the weapons.

Jodie Foster acted like an uptight lesbian dyke.........oh wait.

I watched the new Hobbit movie at the IMAX in 3D and was blown away. Geeze, that is amazing.

Flint we may see it this weekend, are any IMAX theaters featuring the HFR?

Batman said:
Flint we may see it this weekend, are any IMAX theaters featuring the HFR?

I have no idea. It is called "New IMAX 3D Technology". As far as I could tell, it was about as perfect as it gets without shutter glasses. I know they use two projectors, but I have no idea what the frame rate is.

Towen7 said:
PaulyT said:
Just finished Despicable Me 2 with the girls, loved it! I think it's on par with the first one.

We hosted date-night with some friends and watched Despicable Me 2. I was a little worried that a bunch of adults without young children wouldn't enjoy it, but it was a hit!

This is on deck for tonight......................

Just watched "Prisoners" and have to admit going into this one I didn't have high hopes but was pleasantly surprised at how good this movie was. Hugh Jackman and Terrence Howard are neighbors whose two daughters are kidnapped during a Thanksgiving gtg. Jake Gyllenhall plays the lead detective trying to solve the case. Movie is great at showing the lengths a man will go to to rescue his daughter. Really good movie that moves at a slow steady pace but keeps you interested all the way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 741
White House Down.
The first half or so was pretty good.
The second half included a presidential limo chase on the White House lawn with mini-guns, a chromed out rocket launcher and RPG for 10 minutes and quickly went downhill from there.

heeman said:
Towen7 said:
PaulyT said:

This is on deck for tonight......................

Just like PaulyT and T7, we thought this was GREAT!!

Just watched Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters on Vudu. Not as good as the first one but was a good movie. I felt this one relied heavily on special effects while the original more on the story. I also felt this movie had a lot of elements of other movies from the Harry Potter series , Raiders of the lost ark and Legend with Tom Cruise. As mentioned the first Percy was better and this was worthy of a rental only if you've seen the first one. Kinda a cookie cutter ending though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 710
Riddick

Watched and purchased it via psn again, and at 14.99 its a pretty pricey movie for me.

i wanted to watch it, and well, i couldnt wait for two weeks or so.

the movie aint too bad, and takes t back to the original movie. i liked it a lot and despite some obvious b-ness to it, it still had that riddick feel that fits vin diesel like a glove (to be honest, i like him better in this character than that in other movies)...

in a nutshell, its a great movie. looking forward to percy, thanks for the heads up matt.

Wolverine

For the record, this is based on Chris colbert and frank millers novel done back in the 80's. One of the greater comic series i read thru, and stuck to my liking of wolverine not as a team player, but as an individual.

This movie alters most of it, but kept a good parallel storyline with it. Not bad, but can be frustrating to see some of his references to 'someone' compared to the original. i didnt want to spoil it too much, so left key parts out.

Not bad, but not as bad as his Wolverine origins flick. It wasnt 'cartoony' at all, but had a good feel to it.

Great rental.

Back