• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

A classic...

517CC3CQZDL.jpg

Now...a drastic change, but also great, IMO...

panicroom.jpg

prisoners_ver6.jpg

Excellent, EXCELLENT thriller/whodunit movie. Top-notch performances from everyone in it. :handgestures-thumbup:

images

Okay, tonight's the first time I've seen this flick, part of my <$10 bluray grab-bag this last xmas season.
It started out as an okay science-fiction flick, but kind've ended as a gothic horror flick. :shock: The Vangelis soundtrack was good (given the period) but I gotta admit I didn't know what the hell was going on towards the end (merlot's fault). Impressive, visually. Some fun "period" slips (don't know when this movie was originally made):
a. so many LA'ers smoking, in 2018???
b. covering yourself from the rain, with a paper newspaper, instead of an iPad? In 2018??
c. a skyscraper-high Coca-cola ad, I get. But on only one skyscraper??? Heh!
d. oh wait, there's a "Pan Am" ad in the background! Who?
e. Continuous rain throughout the movie? in LA? Oh yeah, global warming by 2018.
f. There is no (f)

Its fun to see the obsolete portions of my dad's sci-fi books that I devoured in my late teens/early 20's ("Set course for Sector 9-3!" and the ensigns whip out their slide rules…) but seeing some things so out of date, in a movie made in my own lifetime…. ouch. :|

Tonight I watched "The Gift" written by Billy Bob Thornton and directed by Sam Raimi. I rather liked this suspense thriller with an all star cast. (Cate Blanchett, Keanu Reeves, Giovani Ribisi, Katie Holmes, Hillary Swank and Greg Kinear). Story is about a psychic Cate Blanchett who has visions of a murdered and drowned girl (Katie Holmes) and her trying to solve the crime. This one has you guessing till the end on who did the killing and very suspenseful. Very good portrayal of what life is like living in the Deep South. Bonus is you get to see a very naked and smoking hot Katie Holmes ( never realized just how hot her body is). Netflix has this movie only till Jan 1st then they are taking it off. It was very very good so hurry and watch it befor it's gone. Highly recommend this one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 615
We watched Monsters U on bluray the other night, and that has to be one of the most realistic Pixar pictures for sight and sound. Everything looked and sounded outstanding. The story was good, just didn't tug on your heartstrings like the first one did. This one is worthy of a purchase, just for the eye and ear candy!

Then we watched Despicable Me 2 in 3D. Again, thought the first one was better, but worthy of at least a rental.

This morning decided to watch the 1947 classic "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir". Since my GF has never seen this. She loved it and was glad to see this movie I haven't seen in decades. On Netflix if you wanna see a great classic movie.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,099
MV5BMTAzODU0NDExMTNeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDk2NjMxMzc@._V1_.jpg

Just watched this one with the kids. LOVED it - and so did they. Good story, good music, very cool animation style, a lot of fun. Was just scanning through netflix to see what I could stream and came across it, decided to give it a try. Glad I did!

PaulyT said:
MV5BMTAzODU0NDExMTNeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDk2NjMxMzc@._V1_.jpg

Just watched this one with the kids. LOVED it - and so did they. Good story, good music, very cool animation style, a lot of fun. Was just scanning through netflix to see what I could stream and came across it, decided to give it a try. Glad I did!

MatthewB said:
Pauly once again your picture doesn't show up can you let us know what movie.

Botch said:
It was "Saw III". :teasing-tease:

Close... I took the liberty of going directly to the site he was hot linking and grabbing the pic...

f0b34ec257e979dc3449e0101ccf149b_zpsffbc0a18.jpg

Sorry, yes, A Cat in Paris. Sometimes hard to know what pictures will show up on the forum when grabbed from google images...

Another one I really liked and just finished watching, in tonight's line-up of artistic animated kids' (sort of) movies: The Secret of Kells.

0010_the_secret_of_kells_00.jpeg

I've ordered both of these on BD. It seems the colors on the netflix streaming were kinda muted; I want to see both of these in full HD. They're both worth re-watching, too.

In any case, both are worth checking out on Netflix if you like somewhat more "artsy" animated movies.

Pauly I would've respected you more if you had watched "Saw 3" with your kids. That scene where that chick is tossed into that huge pit filled with hyperdermic needles. Something every small child should see. ;)

DIYer said:
^ and... ?

I certainly appreciate the 'Rambo' character, especially what he stands for. Extremely violent & disturbing! I didn't get that feeling from the first three. I thought of 'The Deer Hunter' many times! I liked the ending, when John chose to find a way back to his father.

Back