• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Yes, girly, but great!!! :dance:

0008539234142_500X500.jpg

Just finished watching "Gravity" awesome movie and the new "Carrie" save your money and just watch the original. Tomorrow it's "Lone Survivor" and "Saving Mr. Banks".

Jo and I watched "Mud" with Matthew McConaughy...not bad. Matthew McConaughy is pretty good in most of the films he does. But I enjoyed watching the acting of the kid who plays "Ellis". Pretty good portrayal of a tough kid who also wants people, particularly existing couples, to be in love. Yet, he's too young to fully realize the complexities of love.

MUD_3D_BLU_RAY.jpg

Much, much better than we were expecting. Some of the acting was a little rough but this was definitely a decent slasher flick.

Just finished watching "Saving Mr. Banks" and "Lone Survivor" wow both two incredible movies. Mr. Banks was a great story on how hard it was for Walt Disney to convince the author of Mary Poppins to sign over the rights to her story and the authors own personal demons affecting her decision.

Lone Survivor wow what an incredible true story. Just a humbling experience watching this and makes you appreciate the sacrifices our armed forces go through. This one I'm gonna have to go and see again this time on the big screen and buy when it comes out. Just an incredible movie.

We saw Saving Mr Banks today also and we both really enjoyed it. Phenomenal movie!!

Just watched Captain Phillips and I loved this movie. Even though I knew the story and how it ended I was still on the edge of my seat.

Also saw "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" with Ben Stiller. My GF said it best "what a quirky movie" that sums it up. Kinda a strange journey but good movie. Worthy of a rental but I wouldn't buy it but you might after watching. Just rent first because as said its quirky.

Yesterday saw "The Butler" I really liked this movie till the last fifteen minutes when it turned into a Obama Kumbaya let's love Obama cause he's the second coming. Then I remembered that this movie not only starred Oprah but was produced by her. Seriously I really loved the whole movie till the very end. Left a bitter taste as the narrator was talking about how we should all be proud we have a President like Obama based solely on the fact he's Black. Now I loved the movie for portraying the hardship of African Americans and it was Hell and the movie did a great job of portraying the struggles the father played by Forest Whitaker had in serving the White House Presidents while his son joined the Black Panther party but the ending made it seem like now that Obama is in office all will be alright in the world and we won't have things like racism and Obama will save us all. But as mentioned up until this point in the movie I thought it was a fantastic movie. Although putting John Cusack as Richard Nixon was a stretch and although the movie showed The Butler interacting with all Presidents and his friendship with them all, they just skipped right over Carter and went from Nixon to Reagan. Worthy of a rental though and I'm sure it pissed a lot of people off having Hanoi Jane Fonda play Mrs. Reagan but despite the quirks and ending I rather enjoyed this movie.

Just watched "The Fifth Estate" about the founder of Wikileaks and how leaking too much information is sometimes a bad thing. Interesting movie. Not great but interesting. Worthy of a rental at best. Man that founder was one weird as fuck guy.

Babs said:
Zing's pick this evening!

great movie, probably one of denzels more underestimated roles. He tends to be flashy and everything, but this one works pretty darn well. good rental in my book.

Finally got around to seeing Kick Ass 2 last night. Enjoyed it very much! Yeah it's kind of a different movie from the first, and maybe takes itself a little too seriously, but still fun.

Got to see The Wolf of Wall Street , American Hustle and Frozen over the past several days. All deserving of the many favorable reviews they've received.

hotel_transylvania_13.jpg

Just finished Hotel Transylvania with the family, we all loved it. Very fun movie all around. I swear I'd never appreciate anything done by Adam Sandler but this one was an exception. Very nice visuals, some decent surround sound. Gonna buy this one.

Babs pick tonight...
24228_large.jpg

I really enjoyed this the first time! A few, I have talked with about it liked it, some didn't, one of which was Zing who viewed it with me the first time. My third view, I think it is an incredible film! I also have enjoyed viewing the bonus features about the making of the film & bonus commentary! Quite interesting! :handgestures-thumbup:

the-family1.jpg

Had never even heard of this one (The Family), no surprise... but came across it browsing my local Redbox. Wow De Niro, Pfeiffer, Tommy Lee Jones - what a cast! It was a very entertaining movie, and the references to Goodfellas were a nice added touch. Definitely worth watching. Some very interesting filming and use of color. Wife and I enjoyed this very much.

Quite an extended exposition on what can be expressed by the word "fuck." :eusa-clap:

Twelve-Monkeys-1995.jpg

Brilliant! Terry Gilliam is a genius and his catalog of masterpieces are worthy of museum exhibition status.

PaulyT said:
Had never even heard of this one (The Family), no surprise... but came across it browsing my local Redbox. Wow De Niro, Pfeiffer, Tommy Lee Jones - what a cast! It was a very entertaining movie, and the references to Goodfellas were a nice added touch. Definitely worth watching. Some very interesting filming and use of color. Wife and I enjoyed this very much.

Quite an extended exposition on what can be expressed by the word "fuck." :eusa-clap:

This also took me by surprise. The reviews on this was that it was convoluted and somewhat scattered a bit. Id agree to a certain point, but in the grand scheme of things, this was definitely a great rental for me. not a bad movie, but not a great one either. but definitely worth my time.

one thing was disturbing tho, sadly, this movie showed Michelles age. :(

Back