• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

jomari said:
one thing was disturbing tho, sadly, this movie showed Michelles age. :(

I feel Michelle is a timeless beauty! I see why you would say that about age slowly creeping up on her. I recently read an article on examiner.com. She is 55, has never had Botox or plastic surgery, she did admit, never say never. She has always been a favorite of mine, classy, sexy, no sleazy ways about her. I hope she grows older with grace.

PaulyT said:
the-family1.jpg

Had never even heard of this one (The Family), no surprise... but came across it browsing my local Redbox. Wow De Niro, Pfeiffer, Tommy Lee Jones - what a cast! It was a very entertaining movie, and the references to Goodfellas were a nice added touch. Definitely worth watching. Some very interesting filming and use of color. Wife and I enjoyed this very much.

Quite an extended exposition on what can be expressed by the word "fuck." :eusa-clap:

I viewed a trailer on this. Babs would like it, I am pretty sure! Agreed Pauly, awesome line up of actors, along with Michelle! I added it to Amazon wish list & will most likely purchase during my next on-line shopping spree!

Babs said:
jomari said:
one thing was disturbing tho, sadly, this movie showed Michelles age. :(

I feel Michelle is a timeless beauty! I see why you would say that about age slowly creeping up on her. I recently read an article on examiner.com. She is 55, has never had Botox or plastic surgery, she did admit, never say never. She has always been a favorite of mine, classy, sexy, no sleazy ways about her. I hope she grows older with grace.

i guess ive always had a great attraction to her, the realness to her beauty is truly impeccable compared to those who dont wish to age so to speak.

quite frankly, i didnt realize she was 55. with that being said, i retract my previous comment, and say shes sailing on just fine. ;)

Watched "The Wolf of Wal Street" what a awesome movie. Had reservations about this one but really enjoyed it.

Joanna and I saw Her last night. Despite being incredibly far-fetched in regards to the A.I. of the OS in this movie, it was still really enjoyable. Lots of quality movies have come out recently, I can see several of them being in the oscar race in several categories.

We saw Lone Survivor a few days after its opening. I thought it did a pretty good job of playing out the battle as I envisioned it in the book. But it completely strayed off and Hollywood'ed it up after the battle and Marcus was taken in by the Pashtun Villagers. It wasn't even close to following the book from there on. Id give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Took in a Matinae of Captain Philips that was just excellent Tom Hanks was back in form for this one. The plot started of a bit slow then just builds from there ending on the edge of your seat even though we all know the outcome. How this was overlooked in the Oscars I dont know but for me 5 out of 5.

We finally watched this...

despicable%2Bme%2B2%2Bblu-ray.jpg

If Agnes was real...I would want to adopt her!!!

Then a Babs pick...

786936823912%3BcanvasHeight%3D360%3BcanvasWidth%3D640

Of course I loved it because of the animal nature! Horses are such a strong & elegant beauty! Highly mistreated so many times over! IMO the movie was a bit drawn out but extremely well written with thought & purpose!!! :handgestures-thumbup:

Just watched "The Hunger Games Catching Fire" I had reservations about this one as I was not a fan of the first one and the beginning of this one was looking like more of the same but once the players entered the games this movie really took off. Was a far better movie.

Botch said:
images

Okay, tonight's the first time I've seen this flick, part of my <$10 bluray grab-bag this last xmas season.
It started out as an okay science-fiction flick, but kind've ended as a gothic horror flick. :shock: The Vangelis soundtrack was good (given the period) but I gotta admit I didn't know what the hell was going on towards the end (merlot's fault). Impressive, visually. Some fun "period" slips (don't know when this movie was originally made):
a. so many LA'ers smoking, in 2018???
b. covering yourself from the rain, with a paper newspaper, instead of an iPad? In 2018??
c. a skyscraper-high Coca-cola ad, I get. But on only one skyscraper??? Heh!
d. oh wait, there's a "Pan Am" ad in the background! Who?
e. Continuous rain throughout the movie? in LA? Oh yeah, global warming by 2018.
f. There is no (f)

Its fun to see the obsolete portions of my dad's sci-fi books that I devoured in my late teens/early 20's ("Set course for Sector 9-3!" and the ensigns whip out their slide rules…) but seeing some things so out of date, in a movie made in my own lifetime…. ouch. :|
I missed your post for some reason. :doh:

Uh..., Botch, this was the quintessential sci-fi movie of the 80's (The Matrix being the one for the 90's). Where have you been? Unless you're not into this genre. BTW, there have been 2 different cuts of this movie since the original release. The one you saw (final cut) isn't what the idea this movie was meant to be. It's a butchered version of it and has lost its potency. The original version is available in the market but now that you've seen the butchered one first, it may not work. You can still try it though.

Man of Steel

51vR8bdNsiL._SY300_.jpg

Wow, talk about visual feast! :scared-eek: This movie set a new standard for this franchise. 2 hrs 13 min long but the editing and pacing is well done IMO. I didn't feel it at all. :eusa-clap:

Top notch special effects, very good audio especially the surround sound and some morality thrown in, all in all, good entertainment. You can tell it's a high budget movie without looking up the numbers. I give it 4 stars out of 5.

Now the negatives (only some), what happened to Kevin Costner? He is not that old but man o man, his facial skin looks like sand paper! :shock: Laurence Fishburne, he sure put on some pounds since The Matrix. I don't think he can do those Kung Fu moves anymore. Yikes! :?
Amy Adams looked ok but they played down her looks, it appears.
It could have been 2 hr movie but no biggie.

DIYer said:
Man of Steel

51vR8bdNsiL._SY300_.jpg

Wow, talk about visual feast! :scared-eek: This movie set a new standard for this franchise. 2 hrs 13 min long but the editing and pacing is well done IMO. I didn't feel it at all. :eusa-clap:

Top notch special effects, very good audio especially the surround sound and some morality thrown in, all in all, good entertainment. You can tell it's a high budget movie without looking up the numbers. I give it 4 stars out of 5.

Now the negatives (only some), what happened to Kevin Costner? He is not that old but man o man, his facial skin looks like sand paper! :shock: Laurence Fishburne, he sure put on some pounds since The Matrix. I don't think he can do those Kung Fu moves anymore. Yikes! :?
Amy Adams looked ok but they played down her looks, it appears.
It could have been 2 hr movie but no biggie.

They could have easily cut out 20 minutes of banging and bashing into buildings. I got so sick and tired of that nothing original that made you say wow. Just a punch they go flying through a building or two or three. I was never so happy to see it end and the credits roll.

Srvy said:
They could have easily cut out 20 minutes of banging and bashing into buildings. I got so sick and tired of that nothing original that made you say wow. Just a punch they go flying through a building or two or three. I was never so happy to see it end and the credits roll.

I agree, and if ever, think about how the ending was, and what couldve transpired, well, it wouldve been less overbearing so to speak.

(i didnt want to give the ending away, in case we have people who havent seen it, but enough for those who have)...

im going to try to finish watching blade runner.

Diyer, which version should i purchase if ever? i want to see the RIGHT version so to speak.

^ The original theatrical version. At least that should be the one to watch first. Then if it interests you, try the director's cut (1996) and then the final cut (2007).

Wait a minute, jomari, are you saying that you haven't seen this movie either? :shock:

DIYer said:
^ The original theatrical version. At least that should be the one to watch first. Then if it interests you, try the director's cut (1996) and then the final cut (2007).

Wait a minute, jomari, are you saying that you haven't seen this movie either? :shock:

to my defense, i have. but this was when i was younger, and it didnt sink in to me like star wars did or the exorcist. it was a bit too deep i guess for a kid my age.

:happy-smileygiantred:

i remember the first time i heard mark strong was when i watched sunshine.

I know that he wasnt the main character, but i knew the voice, the antagonist whom despite not 'seeing' what or who he is, his voice had an appeal to me, somewhat remarkable to compare to malcolm mcdowell in Clockwork orange. He reminded me of that same eery feeling. Hes a bad guy, but a thinking and cunning one. Thats what was scary. He knew what the f*dge he was doing.

Then i saw him on Stardust, one of my favorite movies. He did an exceptional job, but despite being randy, it was fun. Good acting.

Then it got serious in Body of lies. This is where it made me say hes going somewhere. hopefully, his front teeth doesnt steer him away, because hes got some serious skills.

Welcome to the Punch.

Welcome_to_the_Punch_UK_poster.jpg

Its not rocket science, the plot remains the same old formula, not bad, but no showstopper either.

This movie i rented via NEtflix, and have to say, i am very very pleased with it.

Its a must view for me. an hour and a half, but man, it was a great ride.

Highly recommended.

A little spy vs spy with the cold war shades of gray:
51uvZonX3pL.jpg

This is Secret Agent come to life like a Bond film.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iaR3WO71j4[/youtube]

Back