• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Batman said:
^^ Yeah! They didn't leave much out. And the SQ is decent. The soundtrack, to me, was obviously influenced by the Nolan films...

this. is. awesome.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Watched "Project X" reminded me a lot of the kegger parties I threw in high school and college but not to the extreme of this kids party, but we did drink a lot, smoke a lot and get lucky alot but without the mass destruction. Overall a dumb movie.

The Cabin in the woods. Surprised Josh Whedon was behind this one. Good story, fabulous effects and a few laughs. As far as horror movies goes this one kept my interest and wasn't as predictable as most. Worthy of a rental. Thought it was funny with all the scary monsters, demons, zombies and ghosts it was the clown that scared the heck out of my GF. :happy-smileygiantred:

Finally saw the Avengers last night, enjoyed it very much! I had no idea at all before seeing this that Joss Whedon was behind it. I've been a big fan of his work since the Buffy days. He does a great job of combining action with humor, IMHO. "Puny god!" - best 3-syllable line ever! :laughing:

^ Saw it 2 nights ago. It's got good actions but I didn't like it as much as the average rating shown all across the web. Perhaps because I'm not familiar with comic book characters. I can see why it hit big for the fans. Lots of LFE and good CGI but after 2 hours and 23 minutes of those, I was ready to get up and hit the john. 3 stars out of 5 from me. :confusion-shrug:

Despite going into The Avengers knowing all too well it wouldn't be as "deep" as my beloved Dark Knight Trilogy, I thought it was incredibly well done! Replay value suffers a little for me because the things that made the movie wildly entertaining the first viewing are the elements that grow a bit old after repeat viewings (for me anyway, though I've still seen it 6-7 times :happy-smileygiantred: ). For certain though, Marvel Studios has a winning formula for these properties. If it is in fact a competition, they are whipping DC's ass up and down the block, with the exception of the Batman franchise. AND The Avengers even SMOKED TDKR in total box office revenue. All I would like now, is for DC to produce some quality films that get them back in the game... :pray:

Grand kids are up for the weekend, They know all the star wars characters from legos and lego star wars online games but never seen the movies. The triology in blueray at bb was $44. not bad for 3 movies. They are mesmorized and i cant get the huge smile off my face.(havent wacted stars wars since there father was there age)

Watched Atbitrage tonight.
Richard Gere, Susan Sarandon.

339150_lg.jpg

Good acting. Interesting premise. I found the plot cliche but unexpected. I know that makes no sense, but it is what it is. The story line was completely predicable, but the way it was played out was not. It was an intense drama, but definitely worthy of a rental.

Just got done watching God Bless America, Bobcat Goldthwait's new movie.

Bobcat_Goldthwait_God_Bless_America_poster.jpg

Huh. Well. That was......different. Can't say I didn't like it. Can't say i thought it was great. Can't say I haven't had those thoughts in my head on occasion! LOL
It WAS a little slow and dry, but lots of annoying people getting shot spices things up a bit.

^Bobcat's movie has it's own thread here, started by moi of course, but yeah it as an ok movie. At least it was somewhat original compared to 90% of the stuff that is released lately. I liked his very first kill, won't go into it to spoil for someone else, but that first kill sets the movie up nicely.

^^ RE: God Bless America, I'll preface my following statements by saying that I liked/enjoyed the movie. BUT I do find it ironic that despite the several messages that the movie is sending about what America, its pop-culture and too many of the people living in America have become, it's a small example of the kind of acceptance and tolerance of this type of film that has allowed this country, for better or worse, to slowly evolve into what it is now. Perhaps with a different title, the movie and its message wouldn't seem so ridiculous...I do however relate to the protagonist and his frustrations with, reality tv, selfish ugly (on the inside) people, etc...I just don't know where the vicious cycle should end. Maybe I'm a hypocrite :doh: :twocents-mytwocents:

Also I don't behoove anyone for REALLY liking this film, I'm just having a "I can't help but wonder..." kind of moment.

The Hunter

51hAii%2BKpGL._SX500_.jpg

Not bad. Low budget but still pulled off with acting (Willem Dafoe) and good editing. It's about a hunter who is contracted to bring DNA samples of once thought to be extinct Tasmanian Tiger in Australia but rumored to have been spotted. It's a clash between a group that's for nature preservation and the other that wants to exploit it. The ending is something recent movies don't do anymore or rarely do.

Lots of landscape eye-candies. 3 stars out of 5 from me. If you like camping / outdoors / hunting and such, it would be 4 star movie for you.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!
I FINALLY GOT AROUND TO FREAKING SEE THIS!!!!

Avengers-XXX-Box-Cover.jpg

It was of course AWESOME!!!
And the best part is that I can finally see Avengers!!!

No-L said:
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!
When did that movie come out? I've never heard of "No hotlinking please MoviePostersDB.com" title. :confusion-scratchheadblue:

DIYer said:
No-L said:
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!
When did that movie come out? I've never heard of "No hotlinking please MoviePostersDB.com" title. :confusion-scratchheadblue:

It was the sequel to "404: Website not found"

Back