• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Watched a movie last night called Chef. It has an ensemble cast with Jon Favreau, John Leguizamo, Scarlett Johansson, Sofia Vergara, Dustin Hoffman, Oliver Platt and a quick cameo by RDJr. In a nutshell it's about a passionate chef (Favreau) creatively stifled by the restaurant owner (Hoffman) he works for and he rediscovers himself and his passion for food by driving a "taco truck" cross country. Was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this film. I'd give it a BIG :handgestures-thumbup:

^Cool, I've been thinking about renting that, will definitely do so now.

We watched Nebraska this morning and really liked it.

tumblr_n7udmqiTlN1tfbdzko1_500.gif

watched this via ps3, and for those who went for the first purge, this one is pretty much the purge on a mid level er... level. i was hoping it would be for a larger scale, but it didnt go that far.

anyways, its a great rental.

not the worst either. enjoy

Batman said:
Watched a movie last night called Chef. It has an ensemble cast with Jon Favreau, John Leguizamo, Scarlett Johansson, Sofia Vergara, Dustin Hoffman, Oliver Platt and a quick cameo by RDJr. In a nutshell it's about a passionate chef (Favreau) creatively stifled by the restaurant owner (Hoffman) he works for and he rediscovers himself and his passion for food by driving a "taco truck" cross country. Was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this film. I'd give it a BIG :handgestures-thumbup:

^ This sounds very interesting to me, Bats! I just may have to add it my Christmas wish list. Interesting cast. I always enjoy Dustin & Oliver, Scarlett, always a beauty!

Picked this up for $7 on Black Friday, mostly because it was a $7 3D movie. Watched it yesterday. It was ok movie, although I got the feeling it could have been better. Action sequences were pretty good, and I always like Bill Nighy in just about any role he is in. I'm not disappointed that I bought it, but it's probably only rental worthy.

Attachments

• ifrank.jpg
    ifrank.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,112
C. A. - T. W. S.
Capt2-Payoff-1-Sht-v8-Lg-c563d.jpg

I would say it's better than The Avengers. No laser cannons, no interdimensional travel, no godly power ...etc. Instead, it makes up for it with plot complexity and plenty of well choreographed hand fight scenes. Nice to see a cameo appearance of Georges St-Pierre (he looks short in this movie). Good audio quality as well for those who crave deep bass. BTW, the poster above exaggerated Scarlett Johansson's curves.

3.5 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Interstellar, again, in IMAX. This movie's soundtrack warrants an IMAX viewing at least once if you have that option. I've become quite the Christopher Nolan lapdog over the years. Before you assume it's because of The Dark Knight Trilogy, let me stop you there. Nolan has been on my radar since I first saw Memento. I felt then, that Nolan was going to be a game-changing director. He's not all about explosions, mind numbing stories and a big fat paycheck. Whether you're a fan of the director, or not, the guy has a knack for making you think. And since his success with Batman, he gets the big studio backing to take his movies to another level. Inception and Interstellar are proof of this. I know not all of his movies are for everyone, but you have to give the guy credit for pushing the envelope on multiple levels, directions and genres each and every time. He understands how to combine action with drama and mystery sometimes with a hint of sci-fi and tie in the soundtrack to put a big bow on the entire package. Beginning with Batman Begins he's collaborated with Hans Zimmer in that, and every movie he's directed since with the exception of The Prestige. The results can be and are usually breathtaking. In the liner notes for the Interstellar soundtrack, Nolan tells how he had the story for Interstellar but didn't want to begin production until he told Zimmer the premise of the film and he produced a track because he felt that strongly about the importance of the music for this film. This culminated in the "Day One" track which would become the emotional and aural backbone of the movie. The end result is a film that looks at life after earth, the primal need to survive, parenting, love, science, and time shifting in the form of relativity. I've now seen the film 3 times and I'm still discovering new elements in the film producing new emotions. If you still have the chance to see it before it leaves theaters, particularly IMAX, I highly recommend it.

Batman said:
Nolan tells how he had the story for Interstellar but didn't want to begin production until he told Zimmer the premise of the film and he produced a track because he felt that strongly about the importance of the music for this film. This culminated in the "Day One" track which would become the emotional and aural backbone of the movie.
That's fascinating, don't know that a movie's been done like that before. I still haven't seen Interstellar but the weather's supposed to be ick this weekend, may have to venture out.
Thanks Chris!

Just watched Guardians of the Galaxy for the first time - awesome!

Botch said:
Batman said:
Nolan tells how he had the story for Interstellar but didn't want to begin production until he told Zimmer the premise of the film and he produced a track because he felt that strongly about the importance of the music for this film. This culminated in the "Day One" track which would become the emotional and aural backbone of the movie.
That's fascinating, don't know that a movie's been done like that before. I still haven't seen Interstellar but the weather's supposed to be ick this weekend, may have to venture out.
Thanks Chris!
Botch you can read about it here :text-link:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    701.7 KB · Views: 1,055
Guardians of the Galaxy, with the fam in the Batcave, every bit as entertaining as the first time we saw it! :handgestures-thumbup:

^We'll be watch GotG tomorrow night in our HT with another couple. Really looking forward to seeing it again and they haven't seen the movie nor our basement.

PaulyT said:
Just watched Guardians of the Galaxy for the first time - awesome!
I liked it. Not as dark or serious as I expected but well put together. I especially liked the cool design of ships. The bad guy's ships really do look bad both inside and out.

3.5 stars (would've been 4 if Ronan appeared more serious towards the end) out of 5 from me.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies....it was okay, I'm glad it's over, the trilogy that is. More of the same. Of the 3 "Hobbit" flicks, I'd say it was the 2nd best, behind The Desolation of Smaug and ahead of the first. Still though, these films are exhausting. :laughing-lettersrofl:

I'm kinda surprised nobody's really talked about this one here... but I thought Maleficent was an extraordinary movie. I loved how they worked in the original Disney flick. And the effects, and acting, and sound... all top notch IMHO. My family and I really, really enjoyed this. Truly well done.

61ZamaWQnLL.jpg

Watched this the other night. It's a quirky British comedy about time travel. Better than I expected. It also has Bill Nighy and Margot Robbie, although she doesn't have a very big role in it. Not sure if it's on Netflix or not, I dvr'd it from one of the free movie channel weekends.

Attachments

• abouttime.jpg
    abouttime.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 919
Watched "Fury" with Brad Pitt. Wow was that a tough movie to watch. Just shows the brutality of war ( the guy who shoots himself while on fire wow). Was bored the first 45 minutes of the movie but then shit hit the fan and dragged me back in. Very worthwhile movie to watch.

Next up "The Equalizer" with Denzil. I was a huge fan of the original TV series in the 80's with Edward Woodward so had high hopes for this movie and was not let down although I felt Denzil was just rehashing his "Man on Fire" role but glad the storyline went pretty much as some of the stories in the TV series.

Spoiler:

Was pissed the movie didn't show how McCall got his coworkers ring back from the guy robbing the store. You see him pick up a sledgehammer then the ring is back in the cashiers drawer and McCall placing the sledgehammer back. The TV series showed how deadly and restrained McCall was when dealing with thugs but considering this movie showed how violent McCall could be in the Russian office scene I had hoped they would've shown some busted kneecaps on the ring thief.

Overall great movie.

Last night- Captain America the Winter Soldier

This morning- The Expendables 3

Right Now- The Avengers

Back