• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

I have. It’s pretty good. But definitely not your standard comic movie.

I have. It’s pretty good. But definitely not your standard comic movie.

Agreed. I thought Phoenix was outstanding but like you said this is about as far from a typical Hollywood comic book action CGI filled action movie as I could imagine. Closer to Taxi Driver then Avengers. Dark and intense.

Bridge of spies.

Spielberg, Hanks.

Nuff said,

i didnt know how good this movie was, until i watched it.

Next up, First man. Unbreakable looks good too, i MIGHT watch it if i can.

Must be me in a post world war 2 movie setting kinda thing.

Jomari have you seen this? I started watching it have not finished. What I saw was visually pretty cool.

Yes i have! several times!

its an ode to the older vampire hunters back in the day, and chinese vampires. you know, the ones that have a post it on their forehead and jump with arms raised up...

its a great movie. gory at times, but worth it.

wow, i watched this 5 years ago.

wow, i watched this 5 years ago.

I'm way behind on movies. But it's not too bad now I have more to choose from.

Sorry! I feel it was damn good! I saw it a week later also and bumped my rating from an 8.5 to a 9/10. I was just trying to temper Chuck‘s expectations. Its just at the opposite end of the spectrum from a Marvel movie.

Saw the new Robert Eggers (The Witch) movie The Lighthouse with Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson currently in limited release. I can offer no meaningful opinion at this time since it may take me months to understand what I just watched. Shot in black in white and nearly square aspect ratio it is meant to have the look of old silent films. The period acting is intense especially Dafoe. The story is some kind if mash up of maritime, theological, mythological and HP Lovecraft inspired allegories. Way too much to unpack in a single viewing. I can't honestly recommend it unless anyone is prepared to commit the time and effort to read about it, maybe re-watch it and appreciates dark period (I think) religious allegory storytelling. The best I can say right now is that my final opinion on this film could land anywhere between bold and brilliant all the way to WTF did I just watch.

Last edited:
Saw the new Robert Eggers (The Witch) movie The Lighthouse with Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson currently in limited release. I can offer no meaningful opinion at this time since it may take me months to understand what I just watched. Shot in black in white and nearly square aspect ratio it is meant to have the look of old silent films. The period acting is intense especially Dafoe. The story is some kind if mash up of maritime, theological, mythological and HP Lovecraft inspired allegories. Way too much to unpack in a single viewing. I can't honestly recommend it unless anyone is prepared to commit a the time and effort to read about it, maybe re-watch it and appreciates dark period (I think) religious allegory storytelling. The best I can say right now is that my final opinion on this film could land anywhere between bold and brilliant all the way to WTF did I just watch.

awesome. i always liked Dafoe. except in spiderman.

Watched The Nightengale last night tough movie to watch at times but also very powerful IMO. Not a campy Hollywood revenge flick by any means. Same writer/director as The Babadook. Nightengale is less horror and more of a historical period film that depicts English colonization in Australia including the enslavement/abuse of native Aboriginal people as well as Irish prisoners/servants. But some of the human behavior at that time were no less horrific. I saw it on Amazon I think it's also on Hulu.

monkeys got more time than me now to watch movies.

i have two kids to watch over now.

i guess im into thrillers.

Baby Monkey is a freshman away at college now so I do have a lot more free time. But I'd never watch a movie again to have him back around the house. Time flies enjoy the kids.

Baby Monkey is a freshman away at college now so I do have a lot more free time. But I'd never watch a movie again to have him back around the house. Time flies enjoy the kids.

dude when i can, i can get another bunch of asian movies for you to watch.

i think that staying at home watching over them have been a blessing and a tyrannical mindf*ck.

Picked up a couple 4K movies at Walmart yesterday and came across one called Earth: One Amazing Day narrated by Robert Redford. It was the most expensive title at $12.95. Being it's Christmas season, I wanted to watch Die Hard, which the wife bought for me last year in 4K and yes it is a Christmas movie, but decided to see how well the Earth one looked. First scene was of some leopard trying to get this big fat rat, and I'm like haven't I seen this before? Next scene was a scene of baby iguana's hatching and having to run through a snake filled valley, which I have seen many times on the Planet Earth series with Richard Attenborough. It looks great, but so does the 4K stream from Netflix of the same material.

Back