• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Was in a couple of stores this weekend and was discussing that with the wife. With my immune system possibly being compromised due to the chemo I may start masking up again.
Had the same conversation with my girlfriend today as we were sitting in the theater wondering if this was maybe a bad idea. We agreed it will probably be home theater instead until this second spike situation is made clear. For you especially.

Top to bottom that show is fantastic!!
i think that i also realized, i just like the way he does his movies.

sometimes his technique may show a bit of age, but its still good. its more or less a great base of storytelling that is the essence of his movies.

If you are as big of an A24 horror fan as I am then you will be just as excited/terrified of this new trailer...

...WTF did I just watch?

:shocked:

Since living in this current home we’ve been missing any semblance of an HT experience. I recently picked up an 85” Sony at Costco, a Sony sound bar w wireless sub at BB and a new Sony 4K player w Dolby Vision from Amazon. Watched Finding Nemo in 4K :) followed up by Tron: Legacy last night. Tron isn’t currently in 4K anywhere that I can find. This was the first time I have REALLY enjoyed watching a movie since living here.

Tron:Legacy may not be anywhere close to a great film, but is one helluva entertaining one. I still owe Hot Monkey a big thanks for talking up the IMAX screening all those years ago. Me and the kids drove an hour to King of Prussia to see it in IMAX and then it was gone that following weekend. So we just squeezed it in before it left theaters for good. Probably my favorite movie theater experience of all time with the kids.

Tron:Legacy may not be anywhere close to a great film, but is one helluva entertaining one. I still owe Hot Monkey a big thanks for talking up the IMAX screening all those years ago. Me and the kids drove an hour to King of Prussia to see it in IMAX and then it was gone that following weekend. So we just squeezed it in before it left theaters for good. Probably my favorite movie theater experience of all time with the kids.

So glad you had that experience I had the same with Baby Monkey and agree 200% probably not one of the best movies but far and away one of if not the best eye/ear candy theatrical experiences I ever had. That IMAX showing was spectacular.

So glad you had that experience I had the same with Baby Monkey and agree 200% probably not one of the best movies but far and away one of if not the best eye/ear candy theatrical experiences I ever had. That IMAX showing was spectacular.
HM, can you imagine how different it would’ve been if Daft Punk hadn’t signed on???

HM, can you imagine how different it would’ve been if Daft Punk hadn’t signed on???
Definitely would have changed the whole experience. One of the better themed immersive musical soundtracks I have ever heard (regardless of whether I actually like or listen to Daft Punk in my regular life). Reminded me of how Tangerine Dream electronic soundtracks used to dominate and bind together some great 70's and 80's films like Thief or Sorcerer.

Definitely would have changed the whole experience. One of the better themed immersive musical soundtracks I have ever heard (regardless of whether I actually like or listen to Daft Punk in my regular life). Reminded me of how Tangerine Dream electronic soundtracks used to dominate and bind together some great 70's and 80's films like Thief or Sorcerer.
I was immersed from the second the Grid-themed Cinderella‘s Castle lit up on screen. Hopefully Tron 3 gets out of development hell

I was immersed from the second the Grid-themed Cinderella‘s Castle lit up on screen. Hopefully Tron 3 gets out of development hell
Would love to see another big screen Tron. Closest thing to a well themed immersive musical soundtrack I have seen lately I guess might be Tenet? Also not sure I love the movie but the effort was definitely there with the score.

Would love to see another big screen Tron. Closest thing to a well themed immersive musical soundtrack I have seen lately I guess might be Tenet? Also not sure I love the movie but the effort was definitely there with the score.
I love Chris Nolan as much as anyone but after my theater experience watching Tenet, I‘m in no hurry to watch it again. I don’t know if he feels he owes something to his composers, but he sacrifices a lot of clarity/dialogue for the sake of the score. Some of his collaborations are amazing, particularly with Hans Zimmer, but when I’m leaving the theater with a headache and not understanding the movie because I didn’t hear any dialogue from an entire scene, that’s aggravating.

I love Chris Nolan as much as anyone but after my theater experience watching Tenet, I‘m in no hurry to watch it again. I don’t know if he feels he owes something to his composers, but he sacrifices a lot of clarity/dialogue for the sake of the score. Some of his collaborations are amazing, particularly with Hans Zimmer, but when I’m leaving the theater with a headache and not understanding the movie because I didn’t hear any dialogue from an entire scene, that’s aggravating.
Agreed... we had this discussion on the Tenet thread I'm not sure why he insists on doing it in every film.

Since living in this current home we’ve been missing any semblance of an HT experience. I recently picked up an 85” Sony at Costco, a Sony sound bar w wireless sub at BB and a new Sony 4K player w Dolby Vision from Amazon. Watched Finding Nemo in 4K :) followed up by Tron: Legacy last night. Tron isn’t currently in 4K anywhere that I can find. This was the first time I have REALLY enjoyed watching a movie since living here.

Tron:Legacy may not be anywhere close to a great film, but is one helluva entertaining one. I still owe Hot Monkey a big thanks for talking up the IMAX screening all those years ago. Me and the kids drove an hour to King of Prussia to see it in IMAX and then it was gone that following weekend. So we just squeezed it in before it left theaters for good. Probably my favorite movie theater experience of all time with the kids

big fan of the movie, i have to watch it again. yes, the story is a bit weaker than usual but man, remember this was almost a decade old.

heres a one upper, i got to go to disney the weekend it was going to be released. got the main event at california adventure and got to check out the bike in person, got the chance to see it in 3D for the main demo scene, and man, i loved every single moment of it. the whole california adventure was lit in neon blue the whole night. super awesome.

it wouldve been a totally different movie. would i call it a success without them? absolutely not. big influence, bigger music score.

kinda like watching the sound of music without music.

Back