• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

well, heres redemption for you

Kate comes out tonight on netflix.

i love mary elizabeth winstead

Dammit I should have watched this instead of Demonic. Not a completely horrible horror movie just felt very rehashed (The Cell) and way below what I was expecting from Neill Blomkamp.

Demonic? is it on netflix?
Amazon Prime $6.99 which should have been enough to know that it might not be top notch. It's in the "same day as theaters/early access" brand new movie section which usually costs $29.99. Rotten Tomotoes score is like 11% which is as low as I have seen in a while. Again if Neill Blomkamp didn't direct it no one would have probably complained. But coming from him expectations were high and it just did not deliver that level of entertainment IMO.

We watched Blood Red Sky on Netflix (free) tonight which did the opposite it over delivered on low expectations. Not a horror masterpiece or anything but solid and again way over delivered vs. Demonic.

ive been wanting to watch blood red sky for ever. problem is, our tv has our netflix account on the home page, and might show it and kids might click on it. similar to malignant.

but for some reason ive also been moving away from horror.

the cool thing is, james wan isnt dependent on old school means of scaring you. its more or less your paranoia, your own mind is what makes it exceptional.

About to see Shang Chi, I think this is the first time I’ve been to a theater since the pandemic started
Any good? I was a big fan of the comics as a kid. My uncle was a big martial arts guy he used to bring them home for me to read.

Any good? I was a big fan of the comics as a kid. My uncle was a big martial arts guy he used to bring them home for me to read.
Yes, VERY good. I like the actors/resses and how they merged in some Chinese mythology without it being cheesy.

Saw a review on FB for Shang-Chi that said “if you like bracelets and Kong-fu then this is the movie for you!” :D

A Boy and His Dog. A precursor to the new Tom Hanks movie. I do so like the ending.

Last edited:
Watched the new Jordan Peele written Candyman horror sequel this weekend it was nothing groundbreaking but pretty good follow up IMO and exceeded expectations... some cool horror/gore visuals without being too gratuitous and sound was well done too... engaging, etc. If you were a nostalgic fan of the old school original it's probably worth checking out.

I think someone mentioned it earlier forgive me for not going back to find post. Watched Free Guy over the weekend silly but I really enjoyed it probably because of my gamer experiences. Felt very targeted towards gamers but in a more authentic way then I would have imagined. Some pretty funny stuff in there if you have ever logged onto a multiplayer game.

I think someone mentioned it earlier forgive me for not going back to find post. Watched Free Guy over the weekend silly but I really enjoyed it probably because of my gamer experiences. Felt very targeted towards gamers but in a more authentic way then I would have imagined. Some pretty funny stuff in there if you have ever logged onto a multiplayer game.
i look forward to seeing this.

the hard part to portray among gamers is the hardcore addiction of looting.

pauly probably understands me.

oh, locker? press x and loot.

tin can?

loot.

dresser?

loot.

Back