• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

DIYer said:
War of the Arrows
513mtoMhulL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's a Korean movie and basically it's a medieval version of 'Sniper' (starting Tom Berenger, 1993). I wouldn't have known it if it wasn't for a trailer I saw from other blu-ray discs and I'm glad I did.

This is also available on NF streaming.

In my que but I have not watched it yet.

PaulyT said:
walls said:
PaulyT said:
Just finished watching Harry Potter movie #8, the big finish. Mow my kids have seen them all... Pretty decent movie overall, though dark of course.

My 8yo is currently reading book 5, and I'm (re)reading book 3 now. I like the movies, but I'm still a book lover at heart, there's just so much more there than any movie can completely get to.

Proud to say I have not seen, nor have interest in seeing any of the Potter films. :happy-smileygiantred:

Ah, so what you're saying is, you're such a tremendous fan of the books with their fine imaginative detail, subtly interwoven plot elements, clever humor, and magnetic character development that you just can't bear to see Hollywood run roughshod over it all in order to dumb it down for the masses?

Yeah, I TOTALLY get that.

Yeah thats it. LOL! Honestly, I watched about half of the first film and that was all I needed to see.

518stI29SfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I watched most of this at T7's GTG last fall.

My wife and I watched it last night and thought that it was a lot of fun and very entertaining.

Just saw this on my Amazon Prime subscription:
MV5BMTI5OTQ5Mzg0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTA0OTAxNA@@._V1._SY317_CR7,0,214,317_.jpg

I confirmed once again:
  1. Sentimental schtuff in Korean Movies = meh
    Violent schtuff in Korean Movies = Awesome

Overall, I think I'd give it a 7/10. The main story line is pretty cliche, but the action sequences are super real.

TKoP said:

I confirmed once again:

Overall, I think I'd give it a 7/10. The main story line is pretty cliche, but the action sequences are super real.

TKOP,

what movie is this?

51CW%2B9trsdL.jpg

Not being a knowledgeable HULK historian or even knowing to much except for the TV Series, we found this to be good, not great, but entertaining. The wife said it was slow in spots, I didn't think so.

I am a Nick Nolte fan, but WTF, Nick you were horrible in this part.

I got drawn in enough to feel for the HULK and wanting him to kick some wild ass...........

2008 version will follow soon!

heeman said:
51CW%2B9trsdL.jpg

Not being a knowledgeable HULK historian or even knowing to much except for the TV Series, we found this to be good, not great, but entertaining. The wife said it was slow in spots, I didn't think so.

I got drawn in enough to feel for the HULK and wanting him to kick some wild ass...........

Glad you found that version entertaing but us Marvel fans pretend that movie never happend, now the 2008 version that Marvel did was great!

51cgRRxO%2BoL.jpg

Make sure you watch all the clips after the credits, I think or someone said they were goig to watch each Avenger charaters movies before going to see The Avengers.

Watch in this order:
-Iron Man
-The Incrediable Hulk
-Iron Man 2
-Thor
-Captain America
-The Avengers

Again watch all the clips after the credits, and for The Avengers there are two clips instead of one.

heeman said:

I'm interested as to which one you will think is better.

Tee said:
Make sure you watch all the clips after the credits, I think or someone said they were goig to watch each Avenger charaters movies before going to see The Avengers.

Watch in this order:
-Iron Man
-The Incrediable Hulk
-Iron Man 2
-Thor
-Captain America
-The Avengers

Again watch all the clips after the credits, and for The Avengers there are two clips instead of one.

That would be me Tee but I changed up the order a bit going with The Incredible Hulk first The IM1, IM2 Cap and Thor.

dont forget to add the beginning of it all started with the REAL Nick Fury...

nick-fury-david-hasselhoff-lisa-rinna-dvd-marvel-comics-2913.jpg

Yaaaayy!!!

On a serious note, i also think Lungren did a good job tho as the punisher, i dont care what y'all say. :teasing-tease:

51cgRRxO%2BoL.jpg

So, I can say that this one had a lot more action and produced much better. The 2003 version, to me had a more in depth story concerning the characters.

I am not really all that good at giving Movie reviews, because like John said in a previous post, when I watch a movie, I just like to be entertained. So that being said the 2008 version was much more entertaining than 2003, however they were both good and glad to have seen them both.

^ yeah for the '08 Hulk they assumed the audience knew MOST of the backstory...I think the '03 version covered that aspect enough not to rehash it all over again even though the two stories are unrelated. Ang Lee went WAY overboard with the storyboard panels inserted into certain scenes and had me hating the entire film even if there weren't additional shortcomings.

i think it was also because it was the first time they started using a full CGI character in the film, and probably was ansy not knowing how the audience would react.

I dont remember the 2008 version, but man, i remembered someone telling me about why ed norton doesnt want to 'replay' the hulk character, because 'hes not the main character'.

nice.

jomari said:
TKoP said:

I confirmed once again:

TKOP,

what movie is this?

Hmm. That's weird. The movie is The Man From Nowhere. Ill have to try and fix the link later.

thanks TKoP,

i only asked because i was at work. most of the time, id end up seeing the beloved x mark, or nothing at all.

anyways, that was a great movie. :handgestures-thumbup:

Ang Lee's HULK............. hated it.

Marvel's Incredible Hulk............ LOVED IT.

Dolph Lundgren's Punisher...........liked it.

Thomas Janes Punisher............. just "ok".

Punisher WARZONE .............. LOVED IT.

Really....REALLY want to see AVENGERS but gonna wait till the crowds die down a bit.

walls said:
Really....REALLY want to see AVENGERS but gonna wait till the crowds die down a bit.

yeah, wifey wanted to go this morning, but remembered its still the first weekend since opening.

maybe tomorrow seems to be a better option since its mothers day and everyone SHOULD be home.

:happy-smileygiantred:

yes, we're celebrating moms day, it just happens my moms in the philippines and will call her later today (time difference), plus im meeting up with wifeys mom tonight to celebrate.

watched the new underworld.

underworld awakenings.

its an hour and 28 minutes.

88 fucking minutes from a $19.99 blu-ray.

was it good? sure, you can say that, considering it included around 15 minutes of prologue, credits, and some flippin flashbacks, sure.

thank god i had that $5 coupon to upgrade...

you can watch it if you want, but its a rental in my book.

another 'i got duped movie' for me. sheesh. great surround activity, my neighbors also know i have a kick ass sub. and all before 10am.

next up, MI-ghost protocol.

Back