• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

jomari said:
watched the new underworld.

underworld awakenings.

its an hour and 28 minutes.

88 fucking minutes from a $19.99 blu-ray.

was it good? sure, you can say that, considering it included around 15 minutes of prologue, credits, and some flippin flashbacks, sure.

thank god i had that $5 coupon to upgrade...

you can watch it if you want, but its a rental in my book.

another 'i got duped movie' for me. sheesh. great surround activity, my neighbors also know i have a kick ass sub. and all before 10am.

next up, MI-ghost protocol.

51EMzoCjfcL.jpg

I watched this last night also. I have all the UW movies on BD so just went ahead and purchased this one. And I have to pretty much agree with you j except I would recommend as a purchase for demo purposes. The PQ is outstanding and the sound is great, this will blow your subs up Matt.

But the story sucked, like j said with a real running time of probably about 70-75 minutes it was just too short to develop a good story. Great fight scenes though.

Mzpro pretty much got me on this one, i purchased this primarily for demo material.

is it worth it? yes, and audio experience for sure, one of the few out there that are in 7.1.

visually? yes, quite appealling if i may say.

its just sad that the storyline was such a letdown. the action tho, was great.

Mzpro, did you also notice tho, the lycans look 'wierder'? Big headed/Top heavy so to speak?

519setUV-0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Watched disc 1-3 on Sunday should watch disc 4 (3hrs) tonight.............we are REALLY enjoying this one.......can we classify this as a movie, or should this be moved to TV?????

Edit: We watched disc 5 also, the final episode in Series 1.........WOW! Can't wait for Series 2 to come out on BR.

heeman said:
519setUV-0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Watched disc 1-3 on Sunday should watch disc 4 (3hrs) tonight.............we are REALLY enjoying this one.......can we classify this as a movie, or should this be moved to TV?????

Game of Thrones is my fav show right now! If you any of you want to get into a fantastic written and directed tv show this is the one, man the 2nd season has been outstanding! Only two episodes left...sigh...makes me sad. It is def worth buying on Blu-ray.

Just finished watching Harry Potter #8 - the last movie, covering the second half of the 7th book. Now, I just finished spending the last two weeks re-reading the ENTIRE series of books, and have been very impressed by some of the subtlety in these books that I didn't catch the first time around. Damn fine writing; and no, it's not just a book for kids. Anyway, normally I have nothing but disdain for movie adaptations of books, and yeah there's a HELL of a lot that the movie leaves out, and a bunch of stuff it blatantly changes, but I have a new respect for how hard it is to adapt an 800 page book to a ~2 hour movie (or two of them in this case). I think they covered and adapted the main points pretty well, and I even found some of the movie fairly moving - such as the whole part about Snape's memories at the end, esp. Lily's death.

Overall, I guess that if I hadn't read the books, I'd be left wanting by the movies, because it just wouldn't have the coherence of the detail of the plot and characters in the books. But having read the books (twice), I'd say that overall the movies are fun and probably do as good a job as possible of portraying the intent and overall plot of the books. They are fun movies, even though I'll never be as much of a movie buff as a book lover.

i was hoping at least ONE scene would show them using the camelbak, apparently no one got thirsty in the movie.

its a rental in my book if you ask me.

any other marines movies out there worthy to watch? (generation kill, despite some 'real' scenes, was worth a rental too, at least i have dvd versions of it...)

Mission To Mars
41Xq7AW8f2L._SX500_.jpg

Not bad. It's got good suspense leading up to the grand finale but the story got little silly towards the end. Directed by Brian De Palma who also directed Scarface (1983), it looks to be high budget as far as special effects go, they look good. Red Planet, which is another movie about Mars that came out the same year but not as good as this one. Mission To Mars gets 3 stars out of 5 from me.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang I've had this Bluray for years and finally pulled it out. I forget everything about this movie and just how good it is, Especially seeing Robert Downey Jr and Val Kilmer work so well together. Bummer that the movie is only in Dolby Digital and not Lossless because the music at the start and end of this movie gave all my speakers a workout.

MV5BMTY5NDExMDA3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTc2MzA3._V1._SY317_.jpg

Botch said:
jomari said:
its a rental in my book if you ask me.

I wish I had asked you... ;)

im a little slow tonight, im assuming this is a compliment? :teasing-tease:

anyways, watching this right now, and thought it was pretty interesting.

affiche3.jpg

The Final Countdown

weirdly enough, i thought it was a navy commercial, showing how cool an aircraft carrier is (and yes, there ARE cool. :D )

anyways, its a cool movie. nice to see kirk douglas in his prime.

DIYer said:
Mission To Mars
41Xq7AW8f2L._SX500_.jpg

Not bad. It's got good suspense leading up to the grand finale but the story got little silly towards the end. Directed by Brian De Palma who also directed Scarface (1983), it looks to be high budget as far as special effects go, they look good. Red Planet, which is another movie about Mars that came out the same year but not as good as this one. Mission To Mars gets 3 stars out of 5 from me.

True story: I was watching this movie one night and the wife comes down and starts asking a ton of questions about the scene when Gary Sinise's character is watching old movies of his wife. My wife finally asks the question of how she died, my reply was "He killed her for talking during a movie!" She never said another word, and needless to say, I didn't get no lovin that night!

One of my favorite movies!

51Mdb9DQiJL.jpg

Bought this one a while ago, $4.99 DVD.................it had it's moments, almost a "B" movie.......6 out of 10.

Back