• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Your New OLED TV has Shipped

mzpro5

Famous
I mentioned in another thread that I have ordered a new TV thru Amazon but they were on back order.

Was really excited when I checked my email this morning and saw this title and figured I would have my new display in a week or so. Opened the email and checked the details and the LG 65" OLED has shipped BUT expected delivery date is JANUARY 4-5! WTF

I guess they sent out the email the day the ship left Korea with a load of TV's on it.

A bit disappointed I was hoping to have it setup and running before Christmas

Congrats on the new tv Jeff, and hopefully it gets here before they say it will.

Yup, YOU SUCK!!!

I have been wanting to upgrade the display in my basement, but I have been spending way too much money on other crap. Need more discipline.

Enjoy it when it finally gets here and pics or it didn't happen.

Well I went on the Amazon site and rechecked and on the sit eit says expected delivery Dec. 8th. I call CS to see which might be more correct and the Dec. 8 date seems to be it. They will call me to confirm delivery as someone has to sign for it. If it is Dec 8 then i will have to change it as I am schedule for several medical tests that day but at least I will have it before Christmas.

The neighborhood video rental place I go to started carrying several 4K copies of selected films so I can rent to see what the 4k is really like. Probably go with Valerian first just due to the visuals.

Valerian is the movie I bought, even before having the tv. I'm betting it looks stunning on these 4k sets. That's great that you are going to get it sooner than later!

I was able to access detailed shipping info and the TV is currently sitting in a didistrbuter facility at most 10 miles from my house. Arrived there around 1:00 AM this morning.

Well I went on the Amazon site and rechecked and on the sit eit says expected delivery Dec. 8th. I call CS to see which might be more correct and the Dec. 8 date seems to be it. They will call me to confirm delivery as someone has to sign for it. If it is Dec 8 then i will have to change it as I am schedule for several medical tests that day but at least I will have it before Christmas.

The neighborhood video rental place I go to started carrying several 4K copies of selected films so I can rent to see what the 4k is really like. Probably go with Valerian first just due to the visuals.

Neighborhood video rental place?
For real? Those still exist? Or is it a Redbox at your local CVS?

Neighborhood video rental place?
For real? Those still exist? Or is it a Redbox at your local CVS?

The link CMonster provided is my local rental place. Great store with great prices. Clean well organized and stocked.

I rent there all the time and in the last couple years the few disc purchases I have made have bee used ones from them. Have not paid more than $10 for a disc in several years.

Your AV nerd card is hereby revoked
You're the one who should have his A/V nerd card revoked for not knowing that you don't open packages containing electronics for at least 24 hours when they're shipped at this time of year. That's the surest way to shorten the life.

Back