• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What TV shows are you watching now?

Just finished Outlander with the wife and daughter. We all hope it isn't another two years until the next season.

I’m about six episodes into Netflix’s The Punisher. I’m not blown away and unless it gets a lot better in the next two or three episodes I’ll probably bail out.
I'm up to episode 9.

It feels like someone's trying to stretch a two hour script into ten hours. Way too many completely uninteresting sidebars and null periods.

I'll finish it only in case any of it ties back into some of the other Marvel stuff I like to watch.

Jeff

I've been binge watching all the Les Paul and Mary Ford Show episodes I can find on YouTube. Amazing talents. In those days accomplished musicians took lots of pride is appearing to make performing look completely effortless, yet they did some amazing things.

Gerry Seinfeld's Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee.

The original Scandinavian version, with English subtitles, of The Bridge. (Highly, highly, highly recommended!) (The fourth and final series is currently airing.)

Vera Series 8 (which just aired in the U.K.)

Late last season I dropped Gotham from my viewing habits. Not sure exactly why (maybe it's because I don't care at all for the Jim Gordon character who gets way to much screen time) but I don't miss it.

Of the network TV quartet of DC shows that seem to co-mingle once a season, I'm only sticking with The Flash and Supergirl - although I did watch all four crossover shows a while back (and was confused by some of the lesser characters that I'd never seen before.)

Gotta get back to Marvel's Agents of Shield. Might binge watch it tomorrow while this cold sets in.

After a strong start, I'm starting to tire of Star Trek Discovery. Copying your own old story lines / plot twists, which were themselves copies of copies, is wearing thin. Are there no better sci-fi writers out there - with original ideas?!

Jeff

I've been watching "Electric Dreams" on Amazon. It is pretty good. Like Twilight Zone, it is a short story format series of Sci-Fi concepts from Phillip K. Dick's writings. I enjoy it.

I've been watching "Electric Dreams" on Amazon. It is pretty good. Like Twilight Zone, it is a short story format series of Sci-Fi concepts from Phillip K. Dick's writings. I enjoy it.

A friend recommended Black Mirror, a Netflix series of 1 hour stand-alone sci-fi short stories. Also with Twilight Zone feel.

I’ve only seen three episodes but I kinda like it. Episode 1 was more than a little “out there”.

Broadchurch, season 3. Phenomenal, and I don't use that word lightly. I liked the previous seasons, but this one... I don't know, it touched something deep in me that I don't fully understand. Maybe it's the terror every father must experience trying to bring up daughters in this world. I don't know. But this show has brought up deep-seated emotions in me that scare me.

I don't expect you all to understand. But I am really a bit freaked out right now.

altered carbon is excellent.

definitely watch the primer showing the terms used tho via youtube.

Really enjoying BBCs "Prime Suspect: Tennison" great story telling the only way those talented Brits can make.

Back