1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

What TV shows are you watching now?

Discussion in 'Television' started by Towen7, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Haywood

Haywood Well-Known Member Famous

Just finished Outlander with the wife and daughter. We all hope it isn't another two years until the next season.

2. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

Just started watching Jean Claude Van Johnson, and it is quite hilarious.

Deerhunter likes this.
  3. JeffMackwood

JeffMackwood Maxi-Me

I'm up to episode 9.

It feels like someone's trying to stretch a two hour script into ten hours. Way too many completely uninteresting sidebars and null periods.

I'll finish it only in case any of it ties back into some of the other Marvel stuff I like to watch.

Jeff

4. Flint

Okay, the more I watch this show the funnier it gets. I haven't laughed out so much in a long time.

5. PaulyT

PaulyT Behind the Curtain Staff Member Administrator Moderator Superstar

Just watched a few of these, agreed - this is a great show!

6. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I’m thinking I’ll binge watch a season of Archer.

7. Deerhunter

Deerhunter Well-Known Member

It good, to see that Van Dam is having a lot of fun with this show.

Everyone should watch it!

8. Randy

Randy Well-Known Member Famous

^^^I will have to check that one out too.^^^

9. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

My wife has made me watch The Alienist

10. Towen7

That looked interesting... I’ll stream it once a season or two is available.

11. mzpro5

mzpro5 Well-Known Member Famous

A new sitcom on NBC, "AP Bio". Pilot episode was hilarious.

12. Flint

I've been binge watching all the Les Paul and Mary Ford Show episodes I can find on YouTube. Amazing talents. In those days accomplished musicians took lots of pride is appearing to make performing look completely effortless, yet they did some amazing things.

13. JeffMackwood

JeffMackwood Maxi-Me

Gerry Seinfeld's Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee.

The original Scandinavian version, with English subtitles, of The Bridge. (Highly, highly, highly recommended!) (The fourth and final series is currently airing.)

Vera Series 8 (which just aired in the U.K.)

14. jomari

jomari War Never Changes

anyone watching altered carbon yet?

Wardsweb likes this.
  15. JeffMackwood

JeffMackwood Maxi-Me

Late last season I dropped Gotham from my viewing habits. Not sure exactly why (maybe it's because I don't care at all for the Jim Gordon character who gets way to much screen time) but I don't miss it.

Of the network TV quartet of DC shows that seem to co-mingle once a season, I'm only sticking with The Flash and Supergirl - although I did watch all four crossover shows a while back (and was confused by some of the lesser characters that I'd never seen before.)

Gotta get back to Marvel's Agents of Shield. Might binge watch it tomorrow while this cold sets in.

After a strong start, I'm starting to tire of Star Trek Discovery. Copying your own old story lines / plot twists, which were themselves copies of copies, is wearing thin. Are there no better sci-fi writers out there - with original ideas?!

Jeff

16. Flint

I've been watching "Electric Dreams" on Amazon. It is pretty good. Like Twilight Zone, it is a short story format series of Sci-Fi concepts from Phillip K. Dick's writings. I enjoy it.

17. Towen7

A friend recommended Black Mirror, a Netflix series of 1 hour stand-alone sci-fi short stories. Also with Twilight Zone feel.

I’ve only seen three episodes but I kinda like it. Episode 1 was more than a little “out there”.

18. PaulyT

PaulyT Behind the Curtain Staff Member Administrator Moderator Superstar

Broadchurch, season 3. Phenomenal, and I don't use that word lightly. I liked the previous seasons, but this one... I don't know, it touched something deep in me that I don't fully understand. Maybe it's the terror every father must experience trying to bring up daughters in this world. I don't know. But this show has brought up deep-seated emotions in me that scare me.

I don't expect you all to understand. But I am really a bit freaked out right now.

19. jomari

jomari War Never Changes

altered carbon is excellent.

definitely watch the primer showing the terms used tho via youtube.

20. Flint

Really enjoying BBCs "Prime Suspect: Tennison" great story telling the only way those talented Brits can make.