• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

51OhhSLYFFL.jpg

71yT-%2BXD92L._SL1200_.jpg

61Uxg-SWExL._SL1500_.jpg

91OqsSmdryL._SL1426_.jpg

Thanks for the Joan Osborne reminder Keith. Other than last year's Songs of Bob Dylan it's been a long time since I've listened to her stuff.

She is one of those underrated rare talents out there for sure. How is Songs of Bob Dylan??
Thoroughly enjoyable. It's really nice to hear someone who can sing Dylan's songs. (Yes that was a dig at Dylan.)

Her treatments have elements of rock, pop, folk and blues.

It's certainly an album that I play as an album: from start to finish.

Jeff

Thoroughly enjoyable. It's really nice to hear someone who can sing Dylan's songs. (Yes that was a dig at Dylan.)

Her treatments have elements of rock, pop, folk and blues.

It's certainly an album that I play as an album: from start to finish.

Jeff

Ordered and Auto-Rip, so I will listen to it on the flight home on Friday.

717Tp9oOfqL._SX522_.jpg

Dynaudio recommended this one for it's dynamics and excellent recording..............they were right!!

Decided I need to go back a few hundred years:

Rousset-K04[Ambroisie].jpg

(Bach's English Suites, one of which I'm learning now, on piano though of course)

Crappy day already, time to break out that Led Zepplin box set that's been sitting on my desk for some months now. Starting at the beginning:

51SUWsbmnHL.jpg

Been going through my quad DVD-Audio collection lately, and am giving this gem a spin today. All the tracks on this 2004 release are from 1970-78, back when Frank was experimenting with quad surround. Neat stuff!

220px-Zappa_Quaudiophiliac.jpg

8860cc4d2e415914d836d8d6ebf3492c3d5a7b4e

It took me awhile but I am now casting/streaming or whatever its called from my google mini to my home stereo via chromecast audio . I'm sure the audio quality is not what it would be from my cd's via my squeezebox but the vast catalogue on Spotify at least gives me an idea of what I may be missing in my personal collection!!

Very strangely, I like this disc. A lot.

BT-electronic-opus.jpg

Imagine if Yanni was as cool as Daft Punk.

The 5.1 DTS-HD MA is icing on the cake.

Taking the wife to catch a plane, and Amazon just delivered these. What a great night for music and drink it will be. rps20180503_114415.jpg

From my Dad's record collection... from 1961

R-2399356-1308333170_jpeg.jpg

Man can she sing!

And as I have just learned (to my amazement), she's got great comedic acting chops as well, playing Blind Al in the Deadpool movies!

Jeff

Back