• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

I watched it. It was interesting, another take on sort of anti-superhero types. Not the greatest ever, but worth watching. But it's one of those annoying time-travel stories where nothing that happens is final, ANYTHING can be undone.

My thoughts exactly. I lost interest somewhere around episode three but my wife enjoyed it so I’d just read or find other ways to pass the time while it was playing.

Oh nice! Just discovered that there's a new (3rd) season of Hap & Leonard on netflix. Great show.

Sooo.... I am dealing with a really bad sinus infection right now. I have taken a full dive into this show, and season 1 was outstanding. Season 2, which I am nearing the end of, is difficult. The characters are painfully stereotypical in their roles, and most of the drama is, well, forced and fake. However, some of the humorous situations have me laughing my ass off.

I like the lead characters immensely. I hope season 3 is more balanced and realistic.

Sooo.... I am dealing with a really bad sinus infection right now. I have taken a full dive into this show, and season 1 was outstanding. Season 2, which I am nearing the end of, is difficult. The characters are painfully stereotypical in their roles, and most of the drama is, well, forced and fake. However, some of the humorous situations have me laughing my ass off.

I like the lead characters immensely. I hope season 3 is more balanced and realistic.
I actually liked season 2 most of the three, personally, but I get what you're saying. I'm still trying to process season 3, but I think it's nearly as good.

Yes, I agree, the sort of unexpected moments of dry humor in this show are what makes it so great.

I've been re-watching the American version of "The Bridge". I am enjoying it much more this time around.

Just started season 2 of American Gods. It's even more bizarre then season 1 so far. I like it!

Finished watching the Expanse with the wife yesterday, surprised there isn't more love for this show. Since I didn't catch it on Scy-Fy the first time around, I'm not sure, but season 3 almost seemed to be a split season. First 6 episodes wrapped up the initial story line, and the rest of the season felt very different. I was surprised at the liberal use of the F word, starting with the second season, and a lot of f bombs in season 3.

I also watched the first episode of Ricky Gervais's new show on Netflix called After Life. Overall, it was fairly funny, although the humor tends to be more on the British side.

New season out (3) of Into The Badlands - another great show IMHO.

This was actually fairly interesting and entertaining (on Netflix):

the-dirt-poster-social.jpg

Just be warned, it's NSFW-as-hell. :laughing:

I listened to these guys a fair bit in my (brief) heavy metal period in the mid 80's. Really didn't know anything about them or what became of them after that. The band co-produced this so I guess it's reasonably accurate - as far as any of them can remember, ha.

This was actually fairly interesting and entertaining (on Netflix):

the-dirt-poster-social.jpg

Just be warned, it's NSFW-as-hell. :laughing:

I listened to these guys a fair bit in my (brief) heavy metal period in the mid 80's. Really didn't know anything about them or what became of them after that. The band co-produced this so I guess it's reasonably accurate - as far as any of them can remember, ha.
Watched this yesterday as well. Fairly entertaining, and like you didn't know much about the band. Always thought they were a bunch of out of control rockers, which for the most part they were, but I was really surprised the life Tommy Lee led before the band. I had to pause the movie and look up who played Mick Mars, as I thought it was the guy who played Ramsay Bolton on GOT, and it was. He was pretty much wasted in the movie. Had a few lines in the beginning, but not much after that. Overall, it was a decent movie and worth a watch. One thing that the movie kind of sugar coated, was the death of Vince's daughter. I saw an interview of him one time, and he said that his biggest regret was not being there for his daughter when she passed. He made it sound like hardly wasn't there for her at all when she was sick, which is pretty sad.

Formula 1 : Drive to Survive on Netflix.
IF you are a serious fan or a casual fan like me I would recommend it . Picture is beautiful (4k I believe) and the sounds are fantastic.
These drivers, owners, and managers are ALL a bunch of drama queens, from what I saw. Enjoyed.
375px-Formula_1_Drive_to_Survive.jpg

Watched the first episode of the new Star Trek Discovery last night, and overall thought it was pretty good. Looks and sounds great, although at times I thought the rear surrounds were a little too loud. Not sure if they are trying to make number one into a Kirk or not by basically knocking the captain out, but I'll continue watching to see where it goes.

Wife and I watched the first two episodes of the new season of Santa Clarita Diet last night. This is a show I never thought I would like, not a fan of gore and there is some in this, but it's balanced out with some decent humor.

The more I watch of Star Trek Discovery, the more I like it. Also excited Twilight Zone starts streaming today as well. They say the golden age of television was the 50's, would this be considered the Platinum age?

Watched the first episode of the Twilight Zone last night. Meh. It was ok, nothing great though. Don't want to give away any spoilers, but I kept thinking that there was a way obvious way to fix things. I'll keep watching, although I hope it gets better.

Side note: Anybody else notice an odd picture when they are using the Prime app? I think it may have something to do with my Sony and the Prime app, but I get color banding as well in dark scenes there almost seems to different levels of black, although that isn't the best description. I watched something on Prime using my Roku, and I didn't notice it, and Netflix and Hulu on the Sony seem to be fine as well, just seems to be a problem with Prime on the Sony.

I don't know if anyone watched the annual animated film short festival called Spike and Mikes Festival of Animation and another called Spike & Mike's Sick and Twisted Festival of Animation.

If you did, and liked it, you might try Love Sex and Robots on Netflix. I've watched a half dozen of the episodes. I like it, but i'm biased towards this kind of stuff (i.e., not for kids sci fi animation). The episodes are pretty short, so i've watched one while eating dinner at work.

MV5BMTc1MjIyNDI3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjQ1OTI0NzM@._V1_.jpg

The Horn on Netflix. My son and I have been watching it.
Air Zermatt, an alpine search and rescue team that operates in and around peaks of Switzerland's Matterhorn mountain.
Their accents are very interesting and can be a challenge to understand but the scenery is beautiful. Not every rescue is successful.

MV5BNjI4ODg4N2YtY2NiNi00ZGU0LWFlNzAtNjExOGRhYTk5ZTEwL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQ4NjY2NjE@._V1_.jpg

Back