• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

I watched Avengers Infinity War yesterday. For a number of reasons - both explicable and inexplicable - I thought it was meh at best. To me it just seemed like they were trying too hard to outdo their previous movies. Anyway, it's my least favorite of the three I've seen.

Just started Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and it's already off to a much better start than Infinity War.
Then you are going to be disappointed with End Game. It wasn't a bad movie by any means, but I felt Infinity War was just better.

I watched BlackkKlansman on HBO yesterday. Overall a fairly entertaining movie, although I wish they would have left current politics out of a period piece. The more I see of Adam Driver though, the more I like him. For those that did see this movie, was that supposed to be him at the end of the movie watching the cross burn?

Went to see John Wick 3 with my wife. It was okay, but nowhere near as good as the first two.

Started watching Bad Times at the El Royale last night. I had seen this for sale at Walmart, looked interesting, but wasn't gonna buy a movie I hadn't even heard about. Saw it as I was looking through the movies on the HBO app, so started watching. Kind of a slow paced movie, so I almost turned it a couple of times, but it was just interesting enough that I finally settled into watching it. Reminds me very much of a Tarrentino film, and I'm looking forward to finishing it today after work.

There was a scene in the movie that made a spike on my weird-o-meter. The day before I had heard Enter Sandman by Metallica on the radio, and as the bedtime prayer is being read in the song, I thought to myself how creepy is it that we were taught as kids "that if I die before I wake, I pray the lord my soul to take". There is a scene where Jon Hamm is talking to his son on the phone, and the boy tells his dad they don't say it anymore like that because it's morbid. Kind of strange that I was thinking about it one day, and then it shows up in a movie I watch the next day.

I had the grandson over for a couple of hours after work yesterday, and we finally finished Into the Spiderverse, actually we started it over since it's been so long since we started it. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I really liked this movie. Some of the scenes where they excessively blurred the background were hard to watch, but other than that, I thought it was really good.

I had the grandson over for a couple of hours after work yesterday, and we finally finished Into the Spiderverse, actually we started it over since it's been so long since we started it. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I really liked this movie. Some of the scenes where they excessively blurred the background were hard to watch, but other than that, I thought it was really good.

4k version is on sale right now if you are interested.

Widows -

not bad, but could be better. rental for me. for those with kids, it has one sex scene, butts included.

4k version is on sale right now if you are interested.

Widows -

not bad, but could be better. rental for me. for those with kids, it has one sex scene, butts included.
Wait, are you talking about the Spiderverse movie with sex scenes, or another movie? I bought Into the Spiderverse on 4K when the grandson kept talking about it. Probably the most suggestive scene in that movie is when he mentions puberty a couple of times and ends up with a hairy palm soon after.

Wait, are you talking about the Spiderverse movie with sex scenes, or another movie? I bought Into the Spiderverse on 4K when the grandson kept talking about it. Probably the most suggestive scene in that movie is when he mentions puberty a couple of times and ends up with a hairy palm soon after.

i was referring to the widows movie. ;)

Guess I hadn't heard of the movie.
i tried putting the youtube video on my previous link,

not the best movie as i mentioned, but afterwards, there are some lingering 'why did...' and 'what happened...' moments enough for me to google. so that earns me one more step up.

I was on the fence about buying the new Captain Marvel movie, but got asked to watch the grandson last night so I when I saw it at Walmart, I picked it up. Started watching it after dinner, he didn't seem all that interested in it, so we only watched about an hour of it before we switched to something else. I'll watch the whole thing this weekend, but from what I saw, I could tell it wasn't going to be my favorite Marvel movie.

Widows is horrible; don't waste your time. Actually, just the ending is horrible (major inconsistency) and made me want to punch everyone involved in the project.

thus the rental rating. :D kidding aside, it wasnt too bad, just the ending as cmonster mentioned. i even had to google some stuff to see what the hell happened.

im watching me some antman and wasp before i buy captain marvel tomorrow.

I was on the fence about buying the new Captain Marvel movie, but got asked to watch the grandson last night so I when I saw it at Walmart, I picked it up. Started watching it after dinner, he didn't seem all that interested in it, so we only watched about an hour of it before we switched to something else. I'll watch the whole thing this weekend, but from what I saw, I could tell it wasn't going to be my favorite Marvel movie.

Huey,

I watched it this past weekend. Wasn't expecting greatness and there were a few mildly amusing moments but otherwise I thought it was pretty much a flop. It's kind of feels like Marvel in responding to the success and popularity of Wonder Woman just dug into their archives and said "hey we have a cool female superhero character too".

Huey,

I watched it this past weekend. Wasn't expecting greatness and there were a few mildly amusing moments but otherwise I thought it was pretty much a flop. It's kind of feels like Marvel in responding to the success and popularity of Wonder Woman just dug into their archives and said "hey we have a cool female superhero character too".
I felt, and it seems to be a theme in Hollywood as of lately, but that they had a feminist message that they were trying to get across. I have no problem with a strong woman character, DC did it right with Wonder Woman, but I just wanted to watch a super hero movie. I was kind of surprised this movie did as well as it did, although Samuel L Jacksons character was great as always.

I didn’t have a particularly strong reaction to Capt. Marvel in either a positive or negative light. I do keep seeing a lot of backlash online regarding its feminist agenda and the opinion Brie Larson is an unjustified SJW based on her public speaking (I don’t have a strong opinion and I’d have to see the movie again)......But I don’t really see an overriding specific agenda within the movie. At least not as strong as within the glaring “women’s movement” at the end of Avengers: End Game. Regardless, comics in general have always reflected the subsequent times we live in....I don’t see why comic based movies would be any different.

Regarding its success, Marvel has done an amazing job at building its brand. And also delivering mostly high quality material, regardless of whether you’re a fan of the genre. If you’re a fan of Marvel and the connective threads of the overriding story arc, Capt Marvel was all but guaranteed to be a success (not necessarily a hit). Most viewers weren’t going to see End Game without seeing Capt Marvel.

Last edited:
@Batman do you think Captain Marvel would have done so well if it came out after Endgame? I will say that Brie Larsen shouldn't have probably said they didn't make this movie for old, white men, not sure if she realizes that the boys that bought comic books in the 70's are probably considered old, white men now. Again though, it wasn't a bad movie, but wish it was just a superhero movie instead of a social movement.

Yeah I do. Maybe not quite as much, but it wouldn’t have done drastically less (20%+) just by coming out after...IMO

As far as what Larson said....why shouldn’t she have said it? It didn’t affect the box office. At the time she spoke out, there was a Hollywood movement that she happens to side with, maybe she’s a victim, who knows. I don’t see anything wrong with a movie having a message or agenda even one I may disagree with. As far as old, white, men, they need to get over it.

Last edited:
Back