• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

4K TV is real... who's getting one first?

Pics will have to wait until I can get a good one. Right now you'd just get a crappy cell phone pic since I'm too tired to bother with anything else.

thats awesome akula, i think thats the thing in our hobby, we all have our bearings at times, what looks good isnt quite what we expected, then we get blindsided and bam! im stuck with an blu-ray player. :happy-smileygiantred:

hoping you enjoy your television akula!

Yup, that's a big YOU SUCK headed your way.

On another...note...I just read a rumor that the next Galaxy Note
will have a 4K screen. That just seems like overkill...overkill that will be in my pocket next fall!

Flint said:
Congratulations on the new TV!

According to Taiwan's Digitimes tech news site, UltraHD (4K) TV demand will grow at 72% year over year until 2018.

That is a very healthy growth rate:
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20141225PR202.html

I could believe it. IMO, it's not so much whether people think they NEED the technology, it's a matter of whether the price gets down to where it's reasonably competitive with the old tech. If you're talking a $500 1080p set or a $800 4K smart TV set, many people will decide "You know, that new 4K stuff looks darn good... why not?"

That's pretty much what happened to us... I had been expecting a 50" 1080p set of decent quality at $500 or so. When we saw this P series set, although it was priced at another $400, between the wife's employee discount and the extra performance, it seemed reasonable. In another year these things will probably be at the $500-600 mark.

And since Batman can't believe a man's word :eek:bscene-buttred:

16119615942_b58ffebbb4_b.jpg

Congrats, Akula! :bow-blue:

BTW, does anyone else see the "lion" in the photo?

arrgh! what lion!?!?

i see a lot of yellowish hues, so that might be it?

akula made a great point, its not a matter of whether i need it, its a matter of price point to WANT it. quite similar to the HD scenario we had many moons ago (i cant believe we fell for that. :teasing-tease: )

"Nah, im good with 480p, 720p sure looks pretty, 1080p's just overkill"

:eek:bscene-buttred: :happy-smileygiantred: :eek:bscene-buttred:

For the life of me I can't remember the original quote. I believe it was Freud who said "sometimes a <blank> is just a <blank>."

CMonster said:
For the life of me I can't remember the original quote. I believe it was Freud who said "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
Yes, it was Freud.

Back