• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

CMonster Condo HT

If anyone ... ANYONE... makes a comment about there being no acoustic sweet-spot because you have an even number of seats, you have my permission to punch them in the throat.

If anyone ... ANYONE... makes a comment about there being no acoustic sweet-spot because you have an even number of seats, you have my permission to punch them in the throat.

When listening to music, I always, always, sit dead-center. It was more difficult than I expected to find seating with armrests that could be raised and lowered but it was on my must-have list because of the flexibility.

Seating is in! It's not as big as we were expecting which is a good thing.

CF259B36-A4FC-4675-B1C4-ED3EC311F77B_zpsowtz97nn.jpg

16EAFA32-A953-4B33-9995-9BF269439679_zpsti9c9igx.jpg

8698227E-2329-4992-97EB-27436D6712E6_zpsnbjhekmq.jpg
Couldn't help but notice there's no acoustic sweet spot due to the even number of seats......

Allow me to roast for the one billionth time the importance of the acoustical sweet spot...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but all the acoustic treatments, Fortress seating, Dynaudio C2s, Parasound amps and acoustic sweet spots in the world will NOT make Radiohead sound ANY better.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but all the acoustic treatments, Fortress seating, Dynaudio C2s, Parasound amps and acoustic sweet spots in the world will NOT make Radiohead sound ANY better.
Chuck doesn't even need permission to throat punch you for that comment :bouncygrin:

Last edited:
Heh, I actually spun OK Computer in there as soon as I got the seating put together. The first two songs were played yesterday, youtube videos by Brand New: Jesus Christ and Okay I Believe You, but My Tommy Gun Don't.

And thank you everyone for telling me I suck; I appreciate that so many of you have taken the time to read my babbling and offer encouragement and advice.

How dare you get this thread back on point Chuck!

:)

It's looking fantastic!

Jeff

Hey Chuck,

That room looks fantastic! (optimistically looking forward to the GTG)!!

What are the final room dimensions?

How far back from the screen is your seating?

What is the size of the screen?

What will you be using the C1's for?

:happy::happy:

Hey Chuck,

That room looks fantastic! (optimistically looking forward to the GTG)!!

What are the final room dimensions?

How far back from the screen is your seating?

What is the size of the screen?

What will you be using the C1's for?

:happy::happy:

Thanks!

The room is 17' x 16' x 10' (LxWxH).

Seating is 10' from screen.

Screen is 120" diagonal, 16:9.

The C1s are being used for side surrounds and center, driven by an Outaw 7500 amp.

Hooked up the Crowson tactile transducers yesterday and... the system will be returned. All it did was vibrate the suspended floor; seating didn't move at all. :( I don't think I want to do something like Buttkickers that need to be attached to the seating so I guess I'm in the market for a subwoofer. I'm thinking about trying a Rythmik direct-servo sealed sub...

Hooked up the Crowson tactile transducers yesterday and... the system will be returned. All it did was vibrate the suspended floor; seating didn't move at all. :( I don't think I want to do something like Buttkickers that need to be attached to the seating so I guess I'm in the market for a subwoofer. I'm thinking about trying a Rythmik direct-servo sealed sub...
Gosh darn Chuck, the prices on those subs are downright affordable!

Regarding the transducers, depending on the relative masses and other characteristics of the flooring and seating I can see how that might happen. It will be interesting to see how much, if any, acoustic energy gets transmitted through the flooring to the seating, when using a sub - or even how much of a vibration issue you might have with the flooring. You may need to effectively isolate the sub from the floor. Regardless, I'm sure than some combination will ultimately work very well.

Jeff

What? No Orbital Shifter? Sheesh... :nyah:

Back